|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
2. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
3. Why does the writer want to continue living?
4. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
5. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. The writer refers to the "beautiful and sublime". What exactly is this in reference to?
2. What does the writer think is the purpose of intelligence?
3. What does the writer say about the laws of nature with regard to mankind?
4. In his conversation about the formula of determining free will and desire, what does the writer suppose would explain actions if such a formula did in fact exist?
5. What does the writer state these men think about their own groaning?
6. What type of man makes the writer envious?
7. Who does the writer say will submit to the wall?
8. How does the writer feel about this excuse for revenge and what justification does he state would lead his to revenge?
9. The writer expresses his feelings on why the reader may think he is writing about men of action. What does he say about what the reader may think of his writings?
10. What does the writer say about the families of men who continually groan with pain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All stories have conflict. Describe the type or types of conflict expressed in this story and if or how they are resolved by the end of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Qhat point do you consider the climax of this story? Support your answer with significant events leading up to this point.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the tone of the dinner party. Is the writer happy to be there? Is he accepted? Does anything happen to change the tone during the party?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)