Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the human characteristic based on?
2. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
3. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
4. When a man identifies the primary cause of an action, how does he go about this action?
5. What is a Waganheims?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the writer continue to explain a man of action's seemingly dull-witted actions and justifications?
2. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer poses a question about revenge. How does he state that men are able to take revenge on another?
3. Who does the writer say will submit to the wall?
4. What does the writer find when he arrives at the dinner party and how does he feel about it?
5. When Liza visits the writer at his home, the situation seems rather intense. What does the writer say that people often do in such situations?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 7 the writer is having a conversation with Liza and describes her duties to men. What does he say she must do if he whistles at her?
7. What does the writer say about the laws of nature with regard to mankind?
8. What does the writer's self description tell the reader about this character?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 8, the writer is thinking back to the events of the previous day. He begins thinking about when he lit the room and saw Liza. How does he remember her face?
10. The writer wakes up after being drunk and finds someone next to him. How does he describe this person?
Essay Topic 1
In Part 1, Chapter 5, the writer seems very concerned about making the distinction between intelligent and unintelligent people. Discuss the writer's view on intelligent versus unintelligent people. How does he distinguish them? How does he feel about each? How does the writer view himself in this regard?
Essay Topic 2
When the writer wakes up next to Liza, he is disgusted and begins to yell at her. Discuss this tirade. Do you think he is disgusted at Liza because she is a prostitute or at himself? What is the result of the writer's tirade?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the tone of the dinner party. Is the writer happy to be there? Is he accepted? Does anything happen to change the tone during the party?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)