|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
3. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
4. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
5. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of man makes the writer envious?
2. Who does the writer state is the antithesis of a normal person?
3. What does the writer think is the purpose of intelligence?
4. Why does the writer think man sometimes desires nonsense?
5. Why does the writer feel men take revenge?
6. In a discussion about his illness, the writer talks about his superstitions. What is he superstitious about and what does he say about these superstitions?
7. Who does the writer say will submit to the wall?
8. How does the writer feel about this excuse for revenge and what justification does he state would lead his to revenge?
9. The writer expresses his feelings on why the reader may think he is writing about men of action. What does he say about what the reader may think of his writings?
10. How does the writer describe his servant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 1, Chapter 6, the reader further learns that the author lives in self pity and loathing. Discuss how this way of life has affected him in terms of his work life, love life, and social life.
Essay Topic 2
In Part 2 of the book, the writer often refers to the snow. What does the snow represent to or say about the writer?
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, do you think the writer is a "Hero" or a "Coward"? Provide examples to support your answer.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)