|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
3. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
4. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
5. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. The writer states the continual fighting seen throughout the ages is a display of what character flaw of man?
2. What does the writer's self description tell the reader about this character?
3. How does the writer describe his servant?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7, the writer discusses human advantage. According to the writer what is the main premise of human advantage?
5. Who does the writer say will submit to the wall?
6. How does the writer explain the reason for man of action being a dull-witted person?
7. What does the writer think will happen if scientists find a formula that predicts where desires originate?
8. What does the writer say man will and will not be able to do if these formulas exist?
9. What type of man makes the writer envious?
10. Why does the writer quit working?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 2 of the book, the writer often refers to the snow. What does the snow represent to or say about the writer?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Underground? How long has the writer lived in the Underground? Are there others living in the Underground? What do you think the Underground represents to the writer?
Essay Topic 3
Based on the writer's interactions with others, do you think he is respected? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)