|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Liza visits the writer at his home. Upset by this, how does the writer say he would take revenge on his visitor?
(a) By kicking the visitor out.
(b) By killing the visitor.
(c) By forcing the visitor to listen to his meaningless ramblings.
(d) By not speaking.
2. What does Ferfichkin say he would have done if he was early for the dinner?
(a) Filed a complaint with the establishment.
(b) Waited patiently.
(c) Ordered something.
3. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
(a) 9:00 pm.
(b) 1:00 am.
(c) 2:00 am.
(d) 11:00 pm.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
(a) Pours himself a full glass.
(b) Drinks from the bottle.
(c) Throws the bottle at the others.
(d) Throws the bottle at the wall.
5. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the writer certain Liza will do with a letter she receives?
2. How old is the writer when he avoids talking to or associating with others?
3. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
4. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
5. When the others arrive for the dinner party, Zverkov is in the lead and appears to be in charge. How does he respond when he learns the time of the writer's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 8, the writer is thinking back to the events of the previous day. He begins thinking about when he lit the room and saw Liza. How does he remember her face?
2. The writer wakes up after being drunk and finds someone next to him. How does he describe this person?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 7 the writer is having a conversation with Liza and describes her duties to men. What does he say she must do if he whistles at her?
4. Why is the writer surprised that Liza does not leave after being lied to and yelled at?
5. What does the writer find when he arrives at the dinner party and how does he feel about it?
6. How does the writer describe the room he finds himself in after being drunk at the dinner party?
7. When Liza visits the writer at his home, the situation seems rather intense. What does the writer say that people often do in such situations?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 8, the writer decides to borrow money from his friend Anton Antonych in order to repay Simonov. Why does Anton Antonych so readily lend the money?
9. What is Apollon's reaction to the writer when he is asked to go to the tavern for tea and biscuits?
10. When the writer goes to visit Anton Antonych, there are other men also visiting. What do the men discuss and how does the writer feel about this conversation?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)