|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
(a) They happen in the past.
(b) They just happen.
(c) It is only a dream.
(d) They have not yet happened.
2. What does Ferfichkin say he would have done if he was early for the dinner?
(b) Waited patiently.
(c) Filed a complaint with the establishment.
(d) Ordered something.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, the writer begins a speech about why he goes to see Liza. What does the writer say Liza's thought's for his visit are?
(a) To redeem himself.
(b) To take revenge.
(c) To save her.
(d) To find love.
4. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
(a) He feels ashamed.
(b) He feels they re superior to him.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) He finds them hideous.
5. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
(a) He likes him.
(b) They do not know each other.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) He loathes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
2. How much does the writer owe Simonov in this section?
3. What is the writer certain Liza will do with a letter she receives?
4. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 9, what is the writer's general feeling?
Short Essay Questions
1. The writer wakes up after being drunk and finds someone next to him. How does he describe this person?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the writer discusses his feelings about his job. What are these feelings?
3. When Liza visits the writer at his home, the situation seems rather intense. What does the writer say that people often do in such situations?
4. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer is in the room with the prostitute and glances in the mirror. What does he see and how does he feel about it?
5. What is Apollon's reaction to the writer when he is asked to go to the tavern for tea and biscuits?
6. Describe the apartment of Anton Antonych.
7. What is Zverkov's attitude toward the writer?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 7 the writer is having a conversation with Liza and describes her duties to men. What does he say she must do if he whistles at her?
9. What is Zverkov's reaction to the writer's complaint about not being informed of the change in time for the dinner party?
10. The writer continues to ridicule Liza and her work and describes a rather somber death. What does the writer say a prostitute's death will be?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)