|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days pass between the writer's first meeting with Liza and the second?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
2. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
(a) They have not yet happened.
(b) It is only a dream.
(c) They just happen.
(d) They happen in the past.
3. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
(a) No one is like him.
(b) He is just like everyone else.
(c) He despises working.
(d) He loses his love.
4. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
(a) His bruteforce.
(b) His pity for her.
(c) His sentimentality.
(d) His love.
5. How do the others feel about the toast the writer gives at the end of the dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about trying to rationalize situations?
2. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
3. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
4. In Part 2, Liza visits the writer at his home. Upset by this, how does the writer say he would take revenge on his visitor?
5. Why does the writer say he hates Liza?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)