|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the writer give for his behavior at work?
(a) He is superior to the others.
(b) Out of spite.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) That is how educated men act.
2. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
(a) 9:00 pm.
(b) 11:00 pm.
(c) 2:00 am.
(d) 1:00 am.
3. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) It is a weekly event.
(b) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(c) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(d) One of the firends is going on a journey.
4. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
(a) Because of his vanity.
(b) He feels worthless.
(c) He is uneducated.
(d) He is ugly.
5. How does the writer feel after leaving Liza?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer give as his reason for visiting Liza?
2. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
3. In Part 2, Liza visits the writer at his home. Upset by this, how does the writer say he would take revenge on his visitor?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
5. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)