|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
(a) Go back and slap Zverkov.
(b) Give back the six roubles.
(c) Apologize to the group.
(d) Ask the fare.
2. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
(a) Only Zverkov remains.
(b) The others are gone.
(c) The establishment is closed.
(d) The others are talking and laughing.
3. The previous night, the writer gives Liza his address, but by the next day, how does the writer feel about this action?
(a) He anticipates her arrival.
(b) Worried she may show up at his home.
(c) He forgets about giving Liza his address.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 hours.
5. How old is the writer when he avoids talking to or associating with others?
(a) 40 years old.
(b) 32 years old.
(c) 29 years old.
(d) 24 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza give the writer just before he leavesher?
2. What does Ferfichkin say he would have done if he was early for the dinner?
3. Despite what the writer wants to do during the dinner, what does he do?
4. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
5. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does the writer give for loathing his old classmate Zverkov?
2. Describe the characteristics of a romantic, according to the writer.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 7 the writer is having a conversation with Liza and describes her duties to men. What does he say she must do if he whistles at her?
4. The writer wakes up after being drunk and finds someone next to him. How does he describe this person?
5. What does the writer find when he arrives at the dinner party and how does he feel about it?
6. The writer seems very indecisive at times. While in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1 the writer states that he does not socialize with his co-workers, he later tells the reader that he sometimes tries to make friends with them. Discuss his feelings about this change in attitude toward the co-workers.
7. What is Zverkov's attitude toward the writer?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer wakes up to a clock chiming. How does he describe the clock?
9. The writer describes some office clerks that repulse him. Discuss these characters.
10. Describe the apartment of Anton Antonych.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)