|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is an honorable man.
(b) He is interesting.
(c) He is bragging.
(d) He is worthless.
2. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
3. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
(a) The laws of nature.
(b) The greatness of others.
(c) Abject foolishness.
4. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
(c) More difficult.
(d) More interesting.
5. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
2. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
3. How does the writer describe a man of action?
4. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
5. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer poses a question about revenge. How does he state that men are able to take revenge on another?
2. What does the writer say about a person who groans with pain?
3. What does the writer think is a perfect description for man?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7, the writer discusses human advantage. According to the writer what is the main premise of human advantage?
5. Discuss the writer's profession and his feelings about his work.
6. What does the writer think is the purpose of intelligence?
7. How does the writer feel about this excuse for revenge and what justification does he state would lead his to revenge?
8. What does the writer state these men think about their own groaning?
9. Who does the writer say will submit to the wall?
10. Who does the writer state is the antithesis of a normal person?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)