|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
(a) He does not trust doctors.
(b) Out of spite.
(c) His illness is imaginary.
(d) He can not afford it.
2. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) An insect.
(b) A wall.
(c) A monster.
(d) A maddened bull.
3. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(a) Self control.
(c) Human desire.
4. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
(a) Complain more often.
(b) Slap others.
(c) Seek vengeance.
(d) Love others.
5. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(a) Civil Servant.
6. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They earn respect.
(b) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(c) They are sick.
(d) They are truly cowards.
7. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The man faced with the wall.
(b) The Waganheims.
(c) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(d) The mouse.
8. How does the writer describe a man of action?
(b) A classy member of society.
(d) A leader.
9. When would a man stop his vile nature?
(a) In death.
(b) When he becomes enlightened.
(c) When the primary causes are clearly defined.
10. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
11. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
(a) A publicized death.
(b) A majestic death.
(c) A martyr's death.
(d) A quiet death.
12. What does the writer say man is trying to do?
(a) Find meaning.
(b) Prove himself.
(c) Seek revenge.
(d) Empower himself.
13. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) Men of action.
(b) The strong willed.
(c) Those who have never been slapped.
(d) The weak and weary.
14. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(a) Quick to take offense.
(d) Unpleasent looking.
15. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
(b) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
2. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
3. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
4. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
5. How big does the writer state his rational capacity is compared to his capacity to live?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)