Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
2. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
3. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
4. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
5. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
6. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
This section contains 4,500 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)