|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) It is a weekly event.
(b) One of the firends is going on a journey.
(c) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(d) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
2. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
(a) Three times.
(b) He is always in love.
3. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 45 years.
4. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
(a) Only Zverkov remains.
(b) The others are talking and laughing.
(c) The others are gone.
(d) The establishment is closed.
5. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
(a) They have not yet happened.
(b) They happen in the past.
(c) They just happen.
(d) It is only a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
2. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
3. What human condition does the writer state he cannot express?
4. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
5. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)