|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
2. What is the human characteristic based on?
(d) Laws of nature.
3. How does the writer describe Liza's embrace at the end of the book?
4. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
(a) He is a highly educated person.
(b) He is a person of great wealth.
(c) He is a real person.
(d) He is fictional.
5. What does the writer state happens to stupid Russian romantics?
(a) They leave for France.
(b) They died off years ago.
(c) They are not true romantics.
(d) They degenerate into Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
3. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
4. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
5. As the writer goes on a tirade about his circumstances, what is Liza's reaction in this section?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)