|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza give the writer just before he leavesher?
(a) A cross.
(b) A love letter.
(c) His money back.
(d) A flower.
2. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) One of the firends is going on a journey.
(b) It is a weekly event.
(c) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(d) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
3. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) Those who have never been slapped.
(b) The strong willed.
(c) The weak and weary.
(d) Men of action.
4. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) A scoundrel.
(b) A man of action.
(c) A sick man.
(d) An intellectual.
5. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(b) No need for the job.
(c) No job satisfaction.
(d) Too much power.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
2. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
3. What day does Anton allow visitors?
4. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
5. How does the writer feel after leaving Liza?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)