|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
(a) With regrets.
(c) With a triumphant conscience.
(d) A lonely man.
2. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
3. What does the writer ask Apollon to get for him at the tavern?
(b) Tea and biscuits.
4. How do the others feel about the toast the writer gives at the end of the dinner party?
5. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
(b) Man of action.
(c) The gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the others arrive for the dinner party, Zverkov is in the lead and appears to be in charge. How does he respond when he learns the time of the writer's arrival?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
3. After many days pass and Liza does not show up, the writer begins having dreams about her. What is the tone of these dreams?
4. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
5. How does the writer feel about the time of his arrival at the dinner party?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)