|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
(d) Big talk.
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He despises him.
(b) He feels there is no need for him.
(c) He envies him.
(d) He feels sorry for him.
3. How does the writer describe his apartment?
4. How does the writer feel about his dreams in this section?
(a) They are mysterious.
(b) They are profound.
(c) They are satisfing at the time.
(d) They are frightening.
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(d) Pleasurable .
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
2. What does the writer say about trying to rationalize situations?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
4. What does the writer say consumption is?
5. What does the writer say all men must accept?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)