|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
(a) The establishment is closed.
(b) The others are gone.
(c) Only Zverkov remains.
(d) The others are talking and laughing.
2. Despite what the writer wants to do during the dinner, what does he do?
(c) Enjoys the conversation.
(d) Begins an argument.
3. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
(a) He loathes him.
(b) They do not know each other.
(c) He likes him.
(d) They are best friends.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 days.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
(a) As if he is giving a speech.
(b) As if they do not understand him.
(c) As if they are participants in the conversation.
(d) In a demeaning tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does the writer find pleasure?
2. How does the writer describe his face?
3. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
4. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)