|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
2. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
(a) Live honorably.
(b) Be a drunkard.
(c) Make everything beautiful.
(d) Rid the world of distastful things.
3. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
(a) Three times.
(c) He is always in love.
4. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is weak.
(b) His groans are out of spite.
(c) He is truly in pain.
(d) He is eliciting sympathy.
5. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
(a) Stupid men.
(b) Hateful men.
(c) Romantic men.
(d) Insipid, bloodless men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
2. Who comes to the writer's home that causes these feelings?
3. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
4. When would a man stop his vile nature?
5. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)