|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the writer's speech about Liza's life have on Liza?
(a) She hates the writer.
(b) She knows she must change her life.
(c) She realizes that her life has meaning.
(d) She become svery upset.
2. What does the writer say about those in other countries with regard to romanticism?
(a) They are fools.
(b) They are uneducated.
(c) They are wasting their time.
(d) They are lucky.
3. How does the writer feel about the office clerks?
(a) He despises them all.
(c) He enjoys their conversations.
(d) He never gets to know them.
4. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(b) He is tired of acting out of spite.
(c) He cannot blame anyone.
(d) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
5. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
(a) Lack of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say consumption is?
2. What is a Waganheims?
3. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
4. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)