|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
(a) Seek vengeance against the laws.
(b) Yield to the laws.
(c) Defy the laws.
(d) Create chaos.
2. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
(a) A ludicrous act.
(b) A selfish act.
(c) A kind act.
3. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
(c) He is different because of it.
4. What does the writer say happens to women for Liza's profession?
(a) The are beaten.
(b) They suceed.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are honored.
5. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
2. Why does the writer want to continue living?
3. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
5. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)