|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zverkov say he would do if the peasants in his countries protested?
(a) Have them flogged.
(b) Give up his post.
(c) Change the rules.
(d) Listen to their concerns.
2. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
(a) Smashes his glass.
(c) Shouts "Hurrah!" with the the others.
(d) Drinks before the toast is completed.
3. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
(a) His pity for her.
(b) His bruteforce.
(c) His sentimentality.
(d) His love.
4. When would a man stop his vile nature?
(a) When the primary causes are clearly defined.
(c) In death.
(d) When he becomes enlightened.
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) His groans are out of spite.
(b) He is truly in pain.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He is eliciting sympathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
3. What is a troglodyte?
4. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
5. What does the writer compare his writings to?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)