|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state he would like his own will to coincide with?
(a) His education.
(b) His normal interests.
(c) His understanding of the world.
(d) The majority.
2. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(b) The mouse.
(c) The Waganheims.
(d) The man faced with the wall.
3. How many days pass between the writer's first meeting with Liza and the second?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 4 days.
4. What human condition does the writer state he cannot express?
5. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is deliberate.
(b) It is because of his difficult life.
(c) It is inconsequential.
(d) He thinks he is cursed.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
2. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
3. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
4. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
5. In what is Zverkov an expert?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)