|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(c) Pleasurable .
2. Why does the writer want to continue living?
(a) To learn to be a man of action.
(b) To spite the gentlemen.
(c) To satisfy his capacity for living.
(d) Satisfy his rational capacity.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, the writer begins a speech about why he goes to see Liza. What does the writer say Liza's thought's for his visit are?
(a) To take revenge.
(b) To find love.
(c) To save her.
(d) To redeem himself.
4. What has the writer forgotten about when he wakesup after his night of drinking?
(a) The fight during dinner.
(c) The cabby.
(d) An important meeting.
5. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
(a) Unproductive things.
(b) Honorable things.
(c) Spontaneous things.
(d) Vile things.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
2. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
3. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
4. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
5. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)