|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state is a privilege of man that no other animal has?
(b) The ability to swear.
(c) The ability to defy laws of nature.
(d) The ability to do good deeds.
2. When the others arrive for the dinner party, Zverkov is in the lead and appears to be in charge. How does he respond when he learns the time of the writer's arrival?
(a) The writer does not mention the time of his arrival.
(c) He ignores the writer.
3. What day does Anton allow visitors?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 9, the writer begins a speech about why he goes to see Liza. What does the writer say Liza's thought's for his visit are?
(a) To save her.
(b) To redeem himself.
(c) To take revenge.
(d) To find love.
5. Who sits to the left of the writer at the dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
2. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
3. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
4. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
5. What does the writer say all men must accept?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)