|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the writer's colleagues think of him?
(b) An odd fellow.
2. What does the writer state is a privilege of man that no other animal has?
(a) The ability to swear.
(b) The ability to defy laws of nature.
(c) The ability to do good deeds.
3. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(a) Give up hope.
(c) Become men of action.
(d) Live a lie.
4. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
(a) A majestic death.
(b) A martyr's death.
(c) A quiet death.
(d) A publicized death.
5. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
(a) There are very few of them.
(b) They are without limits.
(c) They run the world.
(d) They are limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
2. What does the writer state he would like his own will to coincide with?
3. What is the human characteristic based on?
4. What does the writer say happens to women for Liza's profession?
5. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)