|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
2. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
3. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) The strong willed.
(b) Those who have never been slapped.
(c) The weak and weary.
(d) Men of action.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
(a) As if he is giving a speech.
(b) As if they are participants in the conversation.
(c) In a demeaning tone.
(d) As if they do not understand him.
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(d) Pleasurable .
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
2. How does the writer define desire?
3. How many days pass between the writer's first meeting with Liza and the second?
4. Why does the writer say he hates Liza?
5. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)