|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
(a) He feels they re superior to him.
(b) He feels ashamed.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) He finds them hideous.
2. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
(a) Drinks before the toast is completed.
(b) Smashes his glass.
(c) Shouts "Hurrah!" with the the others.
3. How does the writer describe his face?
(d) With a mean look.
4. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
(a) 50 copecks.
(b) 75 copecks.
(c) 100 copecks.
(d) 25 copecks.
5. Who does the writer wake up next to at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(b) No one.
(d) A barmaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, the writer arrives early to a dinner party. What time is the dinner scheduled to begin?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
4. What does Liza give the writer just before he leavesher?
5. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)