|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
(a) To think.
(b) To fine primary causes.
(c) To chatter.
(d) To define laws.
2. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 40 years.
3. What do the writer's old schoolmates think about him?
(a) A common housefly.
(b) Their competition.
(c) A friend.
(d) A sight for sore eyes.
4. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
(a) They are overcomplicated.
(b) They are undeniable.
(c) They are useful only to the educated.
(d) They are a burden to a "man of action".
5. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
(a) They have not yet happened.
(b) They happen in the past.
(c) It is only a dream.
(d) They just happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a troglodyte?
2. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
3. In what does the writer find pleasure?
4. As the diner conversation begins, how does the writer feel?
5. What does the writer say happens to women for Liza's profession?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)