|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
(a) To define laws.
(b) To fine primary causes.
(c) To chatter.
(d) To think.
2. Where is Liza from?
(b) The writer's hometown.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
(a) They are ashamed of their illnesses.
(b) They keep their illness a secret.
(c) They flaunt their illnesses.
(d) They take pride in them.
4. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(a) Human desire.
(d) Self control.
5. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
(a) The enemy.
(b) Innocent bystanders.
(c) Piano keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state is a privilege of man that no other animal has?
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
3. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
4. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
5. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)