|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
(a) He despises working.
(b) He is just like everyone else.
(c) He loses his love.
(d) No one is like him.
2. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
(a) He is ugly.
(b) Because of his vanity.
(c) He feels worthless.
(d) He is uneducated.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 8, who delivers the writer's letter?
(b) The writer.
4. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
(a) He feels they re superior to him.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) He finds them hideous.
(d) He feels ashamed.
5. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(b) Abstract and premeditated.
(c) Like hell on earth.
(d) A beautiful city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the writer been underground?
2. How old is the writer when he avoids talking to or associating with others?
3. What do the writer's colleagues think of him?
4. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)