|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
(a) Makes him evil.
(b) Overwhelms him.
(c) Makes him weak.
(d) Gives him strength.
2. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) No job satisfaction.
(b) Too much power.
(c) No need for the job.
3. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
(a) It is a lie out of spite.
(b) He should have acted more professional.
(c) His attitude is the reason he got fired.
(d) He is satisified with his attitude.
4. What do the writer's old schoolmates think about him?
(a) Their competition.
(b) A sight for sore eyes.
(c) A common housefly.
(d) A friend.
5. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
(a) Stupid men.
(b) Hateful men.
(c) Insipid, bloodless men.
(d) Romantic men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When would a man stop his vile nature?
2. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
3. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
4. Despite what the writer wants to do during the dinner, what does he do?
5. What does the writer say about those in other countries with regard to romanticism?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)