|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
(a) Makes him weak.
(b) Gives him strength.
(c) Overwhelms him.
(d) Makes him evil.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
(a) Pours himself a full glass.
(b) Throws the bottle at the wall.
(c) Drinks from the bottle.
(d) Throws the bottle at the others.
3. Despite what the writer wants to do during the dinner, what does he do?
(b) Begins an argument.
(c) Enjoys the conversation.
4. After many days pass and Liza does not show up, the writer begins having dreams about her. What is the tone of these dreams?
(d) Love and happiness.
5. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) An insect.
(b) A monster.
(c) A wall.
(d) A maddened bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
2. What is Liza's profession?
3. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
4. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
5. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)