|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Liza from?
(b) The writer's hometown.
2. As the diner conversation begins, how does the writer feel?
3. What does the writer say he would like to become?
4. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 8, upon waking up, what does the writer decide is the most important thing he must do?
(a) See Liza again.
(b) Save his reputation with Zverkov and Simonov.
(c) Find love for himself.
(d) Get back to work.
5. What does Liza give the writer just before he leavesher?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A cross.
(c) A flower.
(d) His money back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state is a privilege of man that no other animal has?
2. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
4. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)