|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
(a) Continual impropriety.
(b) Abillity to love others.
2. What is a troglodyte?
(a) The will of man.
(b) A man in pain.
3. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
(a) A quiet death.
(b) A majestic death.
(c) A martyr's death.
(d) A publicized death.
4. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
(a) He is always at fault.
(b) To save a friend.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) Just to apologize.
5. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
(a) They happen in the past.
(b) They have not yet happened.
(c) They just happen.
(d) It is only a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
2. What does the writer compare his writings to?
3. Where is Liza from?
4. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
5. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)