|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Liza from?
(d) The writer's hometown.
2. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(b) Human desire.
(c) Self control.
3. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
(a) A blessing.
(b) An illness.
(c) A weakness.
(d) A virtue.
4. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
(b) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(c) He cannot blame anyone.
(d) He is tired of acting out of spite.
5. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
(a) He is just like everyone else.
(b) No one is like him.
(c) He despises working.
(d) He loses his love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state he would like his own will to coincide with?
2. How does the writer feel about his dreams in this section?
3. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
5. In what does the writer find pleasure?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)