|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
2. How does the writer feel after leaving Liza?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
(a) As if he is giving a speech.
(b) As if they do not understand him.
(c) As if they are participants in the conversation.
(d) In a demeaning tone.
4. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
5. What does the writer say he would like to become?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
2. When would a man stop his vile nature?
3. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
4. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
5. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)