|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer "plunge into society"?
(a) He goes on an outing to the city.
(b) He plays cards with co-workers.
(c) He visita a museum.
(d) He visits the head of his department.
2. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
(a) It is just something to live with.
(b) It is curable with willpower.
(c) It is his normal condition.
(d) It is not unlike other men's illnesses.
3. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
(a) It is reserved for the weak at heart.
(b) It signifies death.
(c) It is a career.
(d) It describes many men.
4. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
(b) He is always in love.
(d) Three times.
5. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
(a) With a triumphant conscience.
(b) With regrets.
(d) A lonely man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
2. When would a man stop his vile nature?
3. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
4. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)