|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
(b) Continual impropriety.
(d) Abillity to love others.
2. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
3. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
4. Why does the writer want to continue living?
(a) To learn to be a man of action.
(b) To satisfy his capacity for living.
(c) Satisfy his rational capacity.
(d) To spite the gentlemen.
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(a) Pleasurable .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
2. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
3. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
4. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
5. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)