|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the writer been underground?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A maddened bull.
(b) A wall.
(c) A monster.
(d) An insect.
3. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(b) He is tired of acting out of spite.
(c) He cannot blame anyone.
(d) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
4. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Changes his approach.
(b) Seeks assistance.
(c) Finds a solution.
(d) Gives up.
5. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are curious.
(b) They are correct.
(c) They are incorrect.
(d) They are preposterous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
2. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
3. How do the others feel about the toast the writer gives at the end of the dinner party?
4. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
5. When a man identifies the primary cause of an action, how does he go about this action?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)