|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state happens to stupid Russian romantics?
(a) They are not true romantics.
(b) They leave for France.
(c) They died off years ago.
(d) They degenerate into Germans.
2. What fundamental law does the writer say governs this dilemma of change?
(a) The law of heightened consciousness.
(b) The law of change.
(c) The laws of nature.
(d) The law of gravity.
3. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
(a) Apologize to the group.
(b) Go back and slap Zverkov.
(c) Give back the six roubles.
(d) Ask the fare.
4. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) No need for the job.
(c) No job satisfaction.
(d) Too much power.
5. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
(a) There will be more freedom.
(b) Life will become easier.
(c) There will be more temptation.
(d) It is no longer free.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
2. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
3. What is a troglodyte?
4. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)