|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
(d) He is different because of it.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A deterrent.
(b) A fact of life.
(c) Simply a small obstacle.
(d) A challenge.
3. What does the writer say happens to women for Liza's profession?
(a) They suceed.
(b) They are honored.
(c) The are beaten.
(d) They are happy.
4. As the diner conversation begins, how does the writer feel?
5. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
2. How big does the writer state his rational capacity is compared to his capacity to live?
3. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
4. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
5. What do the writer's colleagues think of him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)