|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
(b) He cannot blame anyone.
(c) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(d) He is tired of acting out of spite.
2. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Seeks assistance.
(b) Gives up.
(c) Finds a solution.
(d) Changes his approach.
3. Who does the writer wake up next to at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(c) No one.
(d) A barmaid.
4. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(a) Quick to take offense.
(d) Unpleasent looking.
5. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
(a) He is a person of great wealth.
(b) He is a real person.
(c) He is fictional.
(d) He is a highly educated person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
2. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
3. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
4. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
5. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)