|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(a) Live a lie.
(c) Become men of action.
(d) Give up hope.
2. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The wall.
(b) The agony of others.
(c) A toothache.
3. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
(a) The unintelligent.
4. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) He loathes him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) They do not know each other.
5. How does the writer define desire?
(a) An unwillfull act of man.
(b) A law of nature.
(c) As a manifestation of life.
(d) A justification to do wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
2. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
3. How old is the writer when he avoids talking to or associating with others?
4. How do the others feel about the toast the writer gives at the end of the dinner party?
5. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)