|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
(a) Innocent bystanders.
(c) The enemy.
(d) Piano keys.
2. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
(a) Big talk.
3. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
(a) A publicized death.
(b) A quiet death.
(c) A martyr's death.
(d) A majestic death.
4. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 5:30 pm.
(c) 5:00 pm.
(d) 5:25 pm.
5. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
(a) They are overcomplicated.
(b) They are a burden to a "man of action".
(c) They are undeniable.
(d) They are useful only to the educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
2. How does the writer describe a man of action?
3. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
4. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
5. What is a troglodyte?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)