|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) Those who have never been slapped.
(b) Men of action.
(c) The strong willed.
(d) The weak and weary.
2. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
(a) They are uneducated.
(b) They are fools.
(c) They are always intelligent.
(d) They are wise men.
3. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
(d) Big talk.
4. What does the writer say man is trying to do?
(a) Empower himself.
(b) Find meaning.
(c) Seek revenge.
(d) Prove himself.
5. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(d) Civil Servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state he would like his own will to coincide with?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
4. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
5. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)