|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, the writer arrives early to a dinner party. What time is the dinner scheduled to begin?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 5:30 pm.
(c) 6:30 pm.
(d) 5:00 pm.
2. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is bragging.
(b) He is interesting.
(c) He is worthless.
(d) He is an honorable man.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Consult with nature about its existence.
(b) Blame others for its existence.
(c) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(d) Blame themselves for its existence.
4. What does Zverkov say he would do if the peasants in his countries protested?
(a) Give up his post.
(b) Listen to their concerns.
(c) Have them flogged.
(d) Change the rules.
5. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
2. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
3. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
4. In what is Zverkov an expert?
5. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)