|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state is a privilege of man that no other animal has?
(b) The ability to defy laws of nature.
(c) The ability to do good deeds.
(d) The ability to swear.
2. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
(a) Rid the world of distastful things.
(b) Be a drunkard.
(c) Live honorably.
(d) Make everything beautiful.
3. How old is the writer when he avoids talking to or associating with others?
(a) 29 years old.
(b) 24 years old.
(c) 40 years old.
(d) 32 years old.
4. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
(a) It describes many men.
(b) It signifies death.
(c) It is reserved for the weak at heart.
(d) It is a career.
5. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
(a) Three times.
(d) He is always in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
2. What is a Waganheims?
3. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
4. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
5. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)