|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer feel about the office clerks?
(a) He despises them all.
(b) He never gets to know them.
(d) He enjoys their conversations.
2. What is the ultimate result of the writer's always being offended?
(b) It causes his illness.
(c) It eventually becomes true.
(d) It turns him into a sour man.
3. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
4. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
(a) They are uneducated.
(b) They are fools.
(c) They are always intelligent.
(d) They are wise men.
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, the writer arrives early to a dinner party. What time is the dinner scheduled to begin?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 6:30 pm.
(c) 5:00 pm.
(d) 5:30 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
2. How big does the writer state his rational capacity is compared to his capacity to live?
3. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
4. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
5. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)