|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
(a) He finds them hideous.
(b) He feels ashamed.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) He feels they re superior to him.
2. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is because of his difficult life.
(b) He thinks he is cursed.
(c) It is deliberate.
(d) It is inconsequential.
3. How do the others feel about the toast the writer gives at the end of the dinner party?
4. What is the ultimate result of the writer's always being offended?
(a) It causes his illness.
(b) It turns him into a sour man.
(d) It eventually becomes true.
5. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 60 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say all men must accept?
2. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, the writer arrives early to a dinner party. What time is the dinner scheduled to begin?
4. How old is the writer when he avoids talking to or associating with others?
5. What two things does the writer state are most precious to man?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)