|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state happens to stupid Russian romantics?
(a) They leave for France.
(b) They died off years ago.
(c) They are not true romantics.
(d) They degenerate into Germans.
2. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) A toothache.
(c) The wall.
(d) The agony of others.
3. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
(a) The gentleman.
(c) Man of action.
4. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
(a) His conscience.
(b) The wall.
(c) His friends.
5. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
(a) There will be more temptation.
(b) It is no longer free.
(c) There will be more freedom.
(d) Life will become easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
2. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
3. Where is Liza from?
4. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
5. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)