|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the writer's dreams sometimes cause him to do?
(a) Embrace people.
(b) Commit crimes.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Seclude himself.
2. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
(c) The rights of man.
3. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Changes his approach.
(b) Gives up.
(c) Seeks assistance.
(d) Finds a solution.
4. As the dinner proceeds, how is the writer feeling?
(a) A part of the group.
(b) Crushed and broken.
5. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
(a) Create chaos.
(b) Seek vengeance against the laws.
(c) Yield to the laws.
(d) Defy the laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer define desire?
2. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
3. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
4. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
5. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)