|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
(a) He feels worthless.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) He is uneducated.
(d) Because of his vanity.
2. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
3. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 45 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 60 years.
4. How big does the writer state his rational capacity is compared to his capacity to live?
(c) They are equal.
5. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) A toothache.
(c) The wall.
(d) The agony of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
2. When the others arrive for the dinner party, Zverkov is in the lead and appears to be in charge. How does he respond when he learns the time of the writer's arrival?
3. How does the writer feel about the office clerks?
4. As the diner conversation begins, how does the writer feel?
5. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)