|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say about those in other countries with regard to romanticism?
(a) They are fools.
(b) They are wasting their time.
(c) They are lucky.
(d) They are uneducated.
2. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
(a) More interesting.
(c) More difficult.
3. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(b) Civil Servant.
4. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
(b) Smashes his glass.
(c) Shouts "Hurrah!" with the the others.
(d) Drinks before the toast is completed.
5. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
(a) A man cannot change what is in his heart.
(b) Man does not have the willpower.
(c) There is nothing to change into.
(d) His pride would take over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
2. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
3. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
5. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)