|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say he would like to become?
2. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
(a) Innocent bystanders.
(b) Piano keys.
(d) The enemy.
3. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
4. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(b) The agony of others.
(c) A toothache.
(d) The wall.
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is weak.
(b) His groans are out of spite.
(c) He is eliciting sympathy.
(d) He is truly in pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the human characteristic based on?
2. What do the writer's dreams sometimes cause him to do?
3. Who sits to the left of the writer at the dinner party?
4. Who does the writer wake up next to at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What do the writer's old schoolmates think about him?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)