|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
(a) There will be more freedom.
(b) There will be more temptation.
(c) Life will become easier.
(d) It is no longer free.
2. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
(a) He would die.
(b) He would understand reason.
(c) He would succeed.
(d) He would go mad.
3. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is fit and well.
(b) He is short and thin.
(c) He is a large man.
(d) He is sickly.
4. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
(b) The laws of nature.
(c) The greatness of others.
(d) Abject foolishness.
5. How does the writer describe his apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the writer been underground?
2. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
3. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
4. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)