|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate result of the writer's always being offended?
(a) It causes his illness.
(c) It eventually becomes true.
(d) It turns him into a sour man.
2. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(b) Self control.
(d) Human desire.
3. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
4. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
(b) Innocent bystanders.
(c) The enemy.
(d) Piano keys.
5. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
(a) No one is like him.
(b) He despises working.
(c) He loses his love.
(d) He is just like everyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big does the writer state his rational capacity is compared to his capacity to live?
2. How does the writer define desire?
3. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
4. What does the writer state he would like his own will to coincide with?
5. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)