|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
(b) A selfish act.
(c) A ludicrous act.
(d) A kind act.
2. What justification does the writer give for his behavior?
(a) His education.
(b) It is a nautral law.
(c) His age.
(d) His status in society.
3. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The agony of others.
(b) A toothache.
(c) The wall.
4. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) One of the firends is going on a journey.
(b) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(c) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(d) It is a weekly event.
5. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
(a) 100 copecks.
(b) 25 copecks.
(c) 50 copecks.
(d) 75 copecks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
2. What does the writer compare his writings to?
3. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
4. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
5. When the others arrive for the dinner party, Zverkov is in the lead and appears to be in charge. How does he respond when he learns the time of the writer's arrival?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)