|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(a) Quick to take offense.
(d) Unpleasent looking.
2. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
(d) Big talk.
3. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(b) It is a weekly event.
(c) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(d) One of the firends is going on a journey.
4. What justification does the writer give for his behavior?
(a) His education.
(b) It is a nautral law.
(c) His age.
(d) His status in society.
5. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
(a) They are always intelligent.
(b) They are fools.
(c) They are wise men.
(d) They are uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
2. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
3. How does the writer describe his apartment?
4. What does the writer say about those in other countries with regard to romanticism?
5. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)