|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
(b) He is different because of it.
2. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
(a) Understand human nature.
(b) Find happiness.
(c) Caculate the next 30 years.
(d) Go back in time.
3. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is deliberate.
(b) It is inconsequential.
(c) He thinks he is cursed.
(d) It is because of his difficult life.
4. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
(b) Smashes his glass.
(c) Drinks before the toast is completed.
(d) Shouts "Hurrah!" with the the others.
5. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
(a) With a triumphant conscience.
(b) A lonely man.
(d) With regrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
3. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
4. What is the ultimate result of the writer's always being offended?
5. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)