|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
(a) It is no longer free.
(b) Life will become easier.
(c) There will be more temptation.
(d) There will be more freedom.
2. How does the writer feel about the office clerks?
(a) He despises them all.
(b) He never gets to know them.
(c) He enjoys their conversations.
3. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
(a) Justification for revenge.
(b) True happiness.
(c) Certain laws of nature.
(d) The meaning of life.
4. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
(d) The writer.
5. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
(a) They are unlearned.
(b) They are dull witted.
(c) They are strong.
(d) They are free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What justification does the writer give for his behavior?
2. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
3. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
4. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
5. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)