|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
(a) Lack of education.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
(a) Pours himself a full glass.
(b) Drinks from the bottle.
(c) Throws the bottle at the wall.
(d) Throws the bottle at the others.
3. How do the others feel about the toast the writer gives at the end of the dinner party?
4. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
(a) 5:00 pm.
(b) 5:30 pm.
(c) 5:25 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
5. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) He is tired of acting out of spite.
(b) He cannot blame anyone.
(c) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
(d) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
2. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
3. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
4. When would a man stop his vile nature?
5. How does the writer feel about his dreams in this section?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)