|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is a large man.
(c) He is fit and well.
(d) He is sickly.
2. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Like hell on earth.
(b) A beautiful city.
(d) Abstract and premeditated.
3. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are truly cowards.
(b) They earn respect.
(c) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(d) They are sick.
4. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
(a) He is weak.
(b) Because of his illness.
(c) His actions are never justified.
(d) He does not find virtue in it.
5. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
(a) Certain laws of nature.
(b) Justification for revenge.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) True happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
2. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
3. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
4. How does the writer describe his apartment?
5. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)