|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
(a) A kind act.
(b) A ludicrous act.
(c) A selfish act.
2. How does the writer define desire?
(a) A justification to do wrong.
(b) As a manifestation of life.
(c) A law of nature.
(d) An unwillfull act of man.
3. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are preposterous.
(b) They are correct.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are incorrect.
4. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
5. What does the writer say he would like to become?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
2. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
3. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
4. What does the writer compare his writings to?
5. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)