|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(b) Consult with nature about its existence.
(c) Blame others for its existence.
(d) Blame themselves for its existence.
2. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Finds a solution.
(b) Seeks assistance.
(c) Gives up.
(d) Changes his approach.
3. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A monster.
(b) An insect.
(c) A wall.
(d) A maddened bull.
4. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
5. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(a) Self control.
(d) Human desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the writer been underground?
2. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
3. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
4. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
5. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)