|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the human characteristic based on?
(a) Laws of nature.
2. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is eliciting sympathy.
(b) He is truly in pain.
(c) He is weak.
(d) His groans are out of spite.
3. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
(d) Economic prosperity.
4. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
(a) Create chaos.
(b) Yield to the laws.
(c) Defy the laws.
(d) Seek vengeance against the laws.
5. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is because of his difficult life.
(b) It is deliberate.
(c) It is inconsequential.
(d) He thinks he is cursed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe his apartment?
2. How long has the writer been underground?
3. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
4. What does the writer say all men must accept?
5. What two things does the writer state are most precious to man?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)