|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
(a) There will be more freedom.
(b) There will be more temptation.
(c) It is no longer free.
(d) Life will become easier.
2. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
(a) Unproductive things.
(b) Vile things.
(c) Honorable things.
(d) Spontaneous things.
3. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
(a) Just to apologize.
(b) To save a friend.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) He is always at fault.
4. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) A lion.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A model citizen.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A challenge.
(b) A fact of life.
(c) Simply a small obstacle.
(d) A deterrent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
2. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
3. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
4. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
5. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)