|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say man is trying to do?
(a) Find meaning.
(b) Seek revenge.
(c) Prove himself.
(d) Empower himself.
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He feels there is no need for him.
(c) He despises him.
(d) He envies him.
3. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Seeks assistance.
(b) Finds a solution.
(c) Gives up.
(d) Changes his approach.
4. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is a large man.
(b) He is sickly.
(c) He is short and thin.
(d) He is fit and well.
5. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
2. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
3. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
4. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
5. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)