|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) A model citizen.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A lion.
(d) A mouse.
2. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
(a) He is always in love.
(c) Three times.
3. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
(a) Abject foolishness.
(b) The greatness of others.
(c) The laws of nature.
4. What does the writer say all men must accept?
(c) The wall.
5. How big does the writer state his rational capacity is compared to his capacity to live?
(b) They are equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
2. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
3. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
4. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
5. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)