|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the human characteristic based on?
(b) Laws of nature.
2. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
(a) The devil.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
(a) They are ashamed of their illnesses.
(b) They flaunt their illnesses.
(c) They keep their illness a secret.
(d) They take pride in them.
4. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
(a) Economic prosperity.
5. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
2. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
3. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
4. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
5. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)