|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
(a) It is his normal condition.
(b) It is curable with willpower.
(c) It is not unlike other men's illnesses.
(d) It is just something to live with.
2. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Changes his approach.
(b) Finds a solution.
(c) Seeks assistance.
(d) Gives up.
3. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) A model citizen.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A lion.
(d) An outsider.
4. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
(a) Life will become easier.
(b) There will be more freedom.
(c) There will be more temptation.
(d) It is no longer free.
5. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
2. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
3. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
4. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
5. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)