|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
(a) A positive time.
(b) A time of forgiveness.
(c) A time of vengeance.
(d) A negative time.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A fact of life.
(b) Simply a small obstacle.
(c) A challenge.
(d) A deterrent.
3. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) Those who have never been slapped.
(b) Men of action.
(c) The strong willed.
(d) The weak and weary.
4. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
(a) The laws of nature.
(c) The good nature of others.
(d) Other men.
5. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
(a) To chatter.
(b) To define laws.
(c) To fine primary causes.
(d) To think.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
2. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
3. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
4. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
5. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)