|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
2. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
(a) The rights of man.
3. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are correct.
(b) They are preposterous.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are incorrect.
4. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is because of his difficult life.
(b) It is inconsequential.
(c) It is deliberate.
(d) He thinks he is cursed.
5. What does the writer say he would like to become?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
2. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
4. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
5. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)