|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
(a) There is nothing to change into.
(b) His pride would take over.
(c) A man cannot change what is in his heart.
(d) Man does not have the willpower.
2. What does the writer state he would like his own will to coincide with?
(a) His understanding of the world.
(b) His education.
(c) His normal interests.
(d) The majority.
3. What is the human characteristic based on?
(b) Laws of nature.
4. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
(a) Honorable things.
(b) Spontaneous things.
(c) Unproductive things.
(d) Vile things.
5. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) He is always at fault.
(c) To save a friend.
(d) Just to apologize.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
2. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
3. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
4. How long has the writer been underground?
5. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)