|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A maddened bull.
(b) A wall.
(c) A monster.
(d) An insect.
2. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
(a) Just to apologize.
(b) He is always at fault.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) To save a friend.
3. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
(a) An illness.
(b) A virtue.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A weakness.
4. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) He is tired of acting out of spite.
(b) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
(c) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(d) He cannot blame anyone.
5. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A lion.
(d) A model citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
2. How long has the writer been underground?
3. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
4. What is a troglodyte?
5. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)