|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(b) He cannot blame anyone.
(c) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
(d) He is tired of acting out of spite.
2. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is sickly.
(c) He is fit and well.
(d) He is a large man.
3. When would a man stop his vile nature?
(a) When the primary causes are clearly defined.
(b) In death.
(d) When he becomes enlightened.
4. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
(a) He would understand reason.
(b) He would go mad.
(c) He would succeed.
(d) He would die.
5. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
(a) True happiness.
(b) Justification for revenge.
(c) Certain laws of nature.
(d) The meaning of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
2. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
3. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
4. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
5. Why does the writer want to continue living?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)