|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
2. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
(b) The devil.
3. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
(a) It signifies death.
(b) It describes many men.
(c) It is a career.
(d) It is reserved for the weak at heart.
4. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(a) Become men of action.
(b) Give up hope.
(d) Live a lie.
5. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
(b) Man of action.
(d) The gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state he would like his own will to coincide with?
2. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
4. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
5. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)