|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
(a) They regret them.
(b) They forget them.
(c) They are pleased.
(d) They are disappointed.
2. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
(a) Be a drunkard.
(b) Make everything beautiful.
(c) Live honorably.
(d) Rid the world of distastful things.
3. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
(a) It is a lie out of spite.
(b) He is satisified with his attitude.
(c) His attitude is the reason he got fired.
(d) He should have acted more professional.
4. How does the writer describe a man of action?
(a) A classy member of society.
(d) A leader.
5. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is sickly.
(c) He is a large man.
(d) He is fit and well.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
2. How does the writer describe his apartment?
3. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
5. When a man identifies the primary cause of an action, how does he go about this action?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)