|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe his apartment?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
(a) As if he is giving a speech.
(b) As if they do not understand him.
(c) As if they are participants in the conversation.
(d) In a demeaning tone.
3. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
(a) It signifies death.
(b) It is a career.
(c) It is reserved for the weak at heart.
(d) It describes many men.
4. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(a) Give up hope.
(c) Become men of action.
(d) Live a lie.
5. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
2. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
3. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
4. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
5. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)