|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) Too much power.
(b) No job satisfaction.
(c) No need for the job.
2. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Like hell on earth.
(c) Abstract and premeditated.
(d) A beautiful city.
3. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
4. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
5. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
(a) A negative time.
(b) A time of vengeance.
(c) A time of forgiveness.
(d) A positive time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
2. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
3. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
4. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
5. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)