|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are sick.
(b) They earn respect.
(c) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(d) They are truly cowards.
2. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
3. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) A beautiful city.
(b) Like hell on earth.
(d) Abstract and premeditated.
4. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A maddened bull.
(b) A wall.
(c) A monster.
(d) An insect.
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(c) Pleasurable .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
2. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
3. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
5. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)