|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(b) No job satisfaction.
(c) Too much power.
(d) No need for the job.
2. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is eliciting sympathy.
(b) His groans are out of spite.
(c) He is truly in pain.
(d) He is weak.
3. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is bragging.
(b) He is worthless.
(c) He is an honorable man.
(d) He is interesting.
4. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
5. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is because of his difficult life.
(b) It is inconsequential.
(c) It is deliberate.
(d) He thinks he is cursed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
2. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
3. How long has the writer been underground?
4. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
5. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)