|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are sick.
(b) They are truly cowards.
(c) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(d) They earn respect.
2. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
(a) They are dull witted.
(b) They are strong.
(c) They are unlearned.
(d) They are free.
3. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
(a) His conscience.
(c) The wall.
(d) His friends.
4. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A wall.
(b) A monster.
(c) A maddened bull.
(d) An insect.
5. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
(a) The laws of nature.
(b) Other men.
(d) The good nature of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
2. How long has the writer been underground?
3. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
4. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
5. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)