|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
(a) His illness is imaginary.
(b) He can not afford it.
(c) He does not trust doctors.
(d) Out of spite.
2. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(b) A toothache.
(c) The agony of others.
(d) The wall.
3. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
(a) He is always in love.
(b) Three times.
4. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Finds a solution.
(b) Gives up.
(c) Changes his approach.
(d) Seeks assistance.
5. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
(d) The rights of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe a man of action?
2. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
3. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
4. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
5. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)