|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
(a) They are free.
(b) They are unlearned.
(c) They are dull witted.
(d) They are strong.
2. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) He is tired of acting out of spite.
(b) He cannot blame anyone.
(c) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(d) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
3. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(d) Pleasurable .
4. When would a man stop his vile nature?
(a) In death.
(b) When the primary causes are clearly defined.
(c) When he becomes enlightened.
5. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A wall.
(b) A maddened bull.
(c) An insect.
(d) A monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
2. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
3. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
4. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
5. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)