|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
(a) He does not trust doctors.
(b) His illness is imaginary.
(c) He can not afford it.
(d) Out of spite.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A fact of life.
(b) Simply a small obstacle.
(c) A challenge.
(d) A deterrent.
3. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
4. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) A beautiful city.
(b) Like hell on earth.
(c) Abstract and premeditated.
5. When would a man stop his vile nature?
(a) In death.
(b) When he becomes enlightened.
(c) When the primary causes are clearly defined.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
3. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
4. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
5. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)