|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A challenge.
(b) Simply a small obstacle.
(c) A deterrent.
(d) A fact of life.
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(c) Pleasurable .
3. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) No need for the job.
(b) No job satisfaction.
(d) Too much power.
4. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is because of his difficult life.
(b) It is deliberate.
(c) He thinks he is cursed.
(d) It is inconsequential.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Blame others for its existence.
(b) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(c) Consult with nature about its existence.
(d) Blame themselves for its existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
2. What does the writer compare his writings to?
3. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
4. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
5. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)