|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The man faced with the wall.
(b) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(c) The Waganheims.
(d) The mouse.
2. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
3. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
(a) The laws of nature.
(b) The good nature of others.
(c) Other men.
4. What is the ultimate result of the writer's always being offended?
(a) It eventually becomes true.
(c) It causes his illness.
(d) It turns him into a sour man.
5. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
(a) Because of his illness.
(b) He is weak.
(c) His actions are never justified.
(d) He does not find virtue in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
2. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
3. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
4. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
5. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)