|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(b) Live a lie.
(c) Give up hope.
(d) Become men of action.
2. When would a man stop his vile nature?
(a) When he becomes enlightened.
(c) When the primary causes are clearly defined.
(d) In death.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(b) Consult with nature about its existence.
(c) Blame others for its existence.
(d) Blame themselves for its existence.
4. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
5. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
(a) It is curable with willpower.
(b) It is just something to live with.
(c) It is his normal condition.
(d) It is not unlike other men's illnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
3. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
4. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
5. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)