|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
(a) It is just something to live with.
(b) It is his normal condition.
(c) It is not unlike other men's illnesses.
(d) It is curable with willpower.
2. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is eliciting sympathy.
(b) He is weak.
(c) His groans are out of spite.
(d) He is truly in pain.
3. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 40 years.
4. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
(a) He does not trust doctors.
(b) He can not afford it.
(c) His illness is imaginary.
(d) Out of spite.
5. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
(b) With a triumphant conscience.
(c) With regrets.
(d) A lonely man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
2. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
3. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
4. What does the writer say a man can do with no primary cause for action?
5. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)