|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
(a) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(a) Pleasurable .
3. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He despises him.
(c) He feels there is no need for him.
(d) He envies him.
4. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are correct.
(b) They are incorrect.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are preposterous.
5. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are truly cowards.
(b) They earn respect.
(c) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(d) They are sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
2. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
3. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
4. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
5. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)