|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are curious.
(b) They are preposterous.
(c) They are incorrect.
(d) They are correct.
2. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
(a) He is a person of great wealth.
(b) He is fictional.
(c) He is a highly educated person.
(d) He is a real person.
3. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
(a) They are without limits.
(b) They are limited.
(c) There are very few of them.
(d) They run the world.
4. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is weak.
(b) He is eliciting sympathy.
(c) His groans are out of spite.
(d) He is truly in pain.
5. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) No job satisfaction.
(c) Too much power.
(d) No need for the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
2. How does the writer describe his apartment?
3. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
4. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
5. How does the writer describe a man of action?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)