|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is fit and well.
(b) He is sickly.
(c) He is short and thin.
(d) He is a large man.
2. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The wall.
(c) The agony of others.
(d) A toothache.
3. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
(a) It is just something to live with.
(b) It is his normal condition.
(c) It is not unlike other men's illnesses.
(d) It is curable with willpower.
4. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He feels there is no need for him.
(b) He envies him.
(c) He despises him.
(d) He feels sorry for him.
5. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
(a) They are a burden to a "man of action".
(b) They are overcomplicated.
(c) They are undeniable.
(d) They are useful only to the educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
2. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
3. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
4. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)