|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Finds a solution.
(b) Seeks assistance.
(c) Changes his approach.
(d) Gives up.
2. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
(a) His friends.
(c) The wall.
(d) His conscience.
3. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(b) Civil Servant.
4. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(b) Pleasurable .
5. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is worthless.
(b) He is an honorable man.
(c) He is interesting.
(d) He is bragging.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
3. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
4. What does the writer say all men must accept?
5. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)