|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
2. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A man of action.
(c) A sick man.
(d) A scoundrel.
3. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A wall.
(b) A monster.
(c) An insect.
(d) A maddened bull.
4. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
(a) A man cannot change what is in his heart.
(b) Man does not have the willpower.
(c) There is nothing to change into.
(d) His pride would take over.
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is eliciting sympathy.
(b) He is truly in pain.
(c) His groans are out of spite.
(d) He is weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
2. How long has the writer been underground?
3. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
4. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
5. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)