|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
(a) They run the world.
(b) There are very few of them.
(c) They are without limits.
(d) They are limited.
2. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Abstract and premeditated.
(b) Like hell on earth.
(c) A beautiful city.
3. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is a large man.
(b) He is sickly.
(c) He is short and thin.
(d) He is fit and well.
4. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
5. What does the writer say he would like to become?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
3. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
4. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
5. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)