|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
(b) More difficult.
(c) More interesting.
2. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) A man of action.
(b) A sick man.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) An intellectual.
3. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is fit and well.
(b) He is short and thin.
(c) He is sickly.
(d) He is a large man.
4. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
(b) His friends.
(c) The wall.
(d) His conscience.
5. What does the writer say all men must accept?
(c) The wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
3. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
4. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)