|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
(a) His conscience.
(b) His friends.
(d) The wall.
2. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
(a) Man does not have the willpower.
(b) A man cannot change what is in his heart.
(c) His pride would take over.
(d) There is nothing to change into.
3. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(b) Become men of action.
(c) Live a lie.
(d) Give up hope.
4. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
(a) He is fictional.
(b) He is a real person.
(c) He is a person of great wealth.
(d) He is a highly educated person.
5. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A scoundrel.
(c) A man of action.
(d) A sick man.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
2. What does the writer say he would like to become?
3. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
4. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
5. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)