|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is an honorable man.
(b) He is interesting.
(c) He is bragging.
(d) He is worthless.
2. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(b) The man faced with the wall.
(c) The Waganheims.
(d) The mouse.
3. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) Those who have never been slapped.
(b) Men of action.
(c) The weak and weary.
(d) The strong willed.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Blame others for its existence.
(b) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(c) Consult with nature about its existence.
(d) Blame themselves for its existence.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A deterrent.
(b) A fact of life.
(c) Simply a small obstacle.
(d) A challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
2. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
3. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
4. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
5. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)