|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
(a) Changes his approach.
(b) Gives up.
(c) Finds a solution.
(d) Seeks assistance.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
(a) They take pride in them.
(b) They are ashamed of their illnesses.
(c) They flaunt their illnesses.
(d) They keep their illness a secret.
3. What does the writer say he would like to become?
4. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is fit and well.
(c) He is a large man.
(d) He is sickly.
5. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) Too much power.
(b) No need for the job.
(c) No job satisfaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
2. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
3. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
4. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
5. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)