|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
2. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) A sick man.
(b) A scoundrel.
(c) An intellectual.
(d) A man of action.
3. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) Too much power.
(b) No job satisfaction.
(d) No need for the job.
4. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(b) The mouse.
(c) The man faced with the wall.
(d) The Waganheims.
5. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
2. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
3. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
4. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
5. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)