|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
(a) He should have acted more professional.
(b) It is a lie out of spite.
(c) His attitude is the reason he got fired.
(d) He is satisified with his attitude.
2. What fundamental law does the writer say governs this dilemma of change?
(a) The law of heightened consciousness.
(b) The law of gravity.
(c) The law of change.
(d) The laws of nature.
3. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
(d) He is different because of it.
4. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Abstract and premeditated.
(b) Like hell on earth.
(d) A beautiful city.
5. How does the writer describe his apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
2. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
3. What does the writer say all men must accept?
4. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
5. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)