|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
(a) They are useful only to the educated.
(b) They are overcomplicated.
(c) They are undeniable.
(d) They are a burden to a "man of action".
2. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) No need for the job.
(b) No job satisfaction.
(d) Too much power.
3. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
4. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
(a) It is not unlike other men's illnesses.
(b) It is his normal condition.
(c) It is just something to live with.
(d) It is curable with willpower.
5. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(b) Civil Servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe his apartment?
2. How long has the writer been underground?
3. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
4. What does the writer say he would like to become?
5. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)