|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is a large man.
(b) He is sickly.
(c) He is short and thin.
(d) He is fit and well.
2. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
(a) He does not trust doctors.
(b) He can not afford it.
(c) His illness is imaginary.
(d) Out of spite.
3. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The wall.
(c) A toothache.
(d) The agony of others.
4. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) An outsider.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A model citizen.
(d) A lion.
5. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are correct.
(b) They are incorrect.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are preposterous.
Short Answer Questions
1. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
2. How does the writer describe his apartment?
3. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
5. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)