|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The Waganheims.
(b) The man faced with the wall.
(c) The mouse.
(d) The moan of a man with a toothache.
2. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
3. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) A toothache.
(b) The agony of others.
(c) The wall.
4. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are truly cowards.
(b) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(c) They earn respect.
(d) They are sick.
5. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A model citizen.
(c) A lion.
(d) An outsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe a man of action?
2. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
3. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
4. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
5. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)