|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
2. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A weakness.
(c) An illness.
(d) A virtue.
3. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
(b) He is different because of it.
4. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
5. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The Waganheims.
(b) The mouse.
(c) The man faced with the wall.
(d) The moan of a man with a toothache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
2. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
3. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
4. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
5. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)