|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
2. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
3. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
4. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
(b) He is different because of it.
5. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The man faced with the wall.
(b) The mouse.
(c) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(d) The Waganheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Waganheims?
2. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
3. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
4. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
5. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)