|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer state is a privilege of man that no other animal has?
(a) The ability to defy laws of nature.
(b) The ability to do good deeds.
(d) The ability to swear.
2. What does the writer say consumption is?
(a) Pure evil.
(b) A character flaw.
(c) A normal human condition.
(d) An illness.
3. What does the writer say a man can do with no primary cause for action?
(a) Give up.
(b) Beat his head against the wall.
(c) Seek comfort in the wall.
(d) Return home and moan.
4. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
(a) Makes him evil.
(b) Makes him weak.
(c) Overwhelms him.
(d) Gives him strength.
5. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
(a) More difficult.
(d) More interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Zverkov an expert?
2. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
3. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
4. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
5. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)