|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the writer have to do to buy a pistol?
(a) Get to the bank before the duel.
(b) Buy them on the black market.
(c) Get a salary advance.
(d) Sell some belongings.
2. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is deliberate.
(b) It is inconsequential.
(c) He thinks he is cursed.
(d) It is because of his difficult life.
3. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
(a) Because of his illness.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He does not find virtue in it.
(d) His actions are never justified.
4. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the writer's colleagues think of him?
2. How old is the writer when he avoids talking to or associating with others?
3. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
4. How does the writer feel after leaving Liza?
5. When the others arrive for the dinner party, Zverkov is in the lead and appears to be in charge. How does he respond when he learns the time of the writer's arrival?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)