|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
(a) He is uneducated.
(b) He feels worthless.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) Because of his vanity.
2. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
(a) Man does not have the willpower.
(b) There is nothing to change into.
(c) A man cannot change what is in his heart.
(d) His pride would take over.
3. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(b) It is a weekly event.
(c) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(d) One of the firends is going on a journey.
4. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
(a) 5:25 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 5:30 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
5. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The agony of others.
(b) The wall.
(d) A toothache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
2. What is the writer certain Liza will do with a letter she receives?
3. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
4. What does the writer compare his writings to?
5. What effect does the writer's speech about Liza's life have on Liza?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)