|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
(a) They forget them.
(b) They regret them.
(c) They are pleased.
(d) They are disappointed.
2. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
(b) The enemy.
(c) Innocent bystanders.
(d) Piano keys.
3. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is deliberate.
(b) He thinks he is cursed.
(c) It is inconsequential.
(d) It is because of his difficult life.
4. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
5. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
(a) Gives him strength.
(b) Overwhelms him.
(c) Makes him evil.
(d) Makes him weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
2. What does the writer say he would like to become?
3. How does the writer describe his face?
4. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
5. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)