|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
(a) 11:00 pm.
(b) 1:00 am.
(c) 9:00 pm.
(d) 2:00 am.
2. What does the writer say about those in other countries with regard to romanticism?
(a) They are lucky.
(b) They are fools.
(c) They are uneducated.
(d) They are wasting their time.
3. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
(a) Abject foolishness.
(b) The laws of nature.
(d) The greatness of others.
4. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
(a) Only Zverkov remains.
(b) The others are talking and laughing.
(c) The establishment is closed.
(d) The others are gone.
5. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) A lion.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A model citizen.
(d) An outsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
2. When would a man stop his vile nature?
3. What would the writer have to do to buy a pistol?
4. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
5. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)