|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 8, upon waking up, what does the writer decide is the most important thing he must do?
(a) See Liza again.
(b) Save his reputation with Zverkov and Simonov.
(c) Get back to work.
(d) Find love for himself.
3. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The mouse.
(b) The man faced with the wall.
(c) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(d) The Waganheims.
4. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 45 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 60 years.
5. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
(a) They are overcomplicated.
(b) They are a burden to a "man of action".
(c) They are undeniable.
(d) They are useful only to the educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
2. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
3. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
4. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
5. What does the writer say all men must accept?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)