|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The previous night, the writer gives Liza his address, but by the next day, how does the writer feel about this action?
(a) Worried she may show up at his home.
(b) He anticipates her arrival.
(d) He forgets about giving Liza his address.
2. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
(a) They have not yet happened.
(b) They happen in the past.
(c) It is only a dream.
(d) They just happen.
3. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
(a) Unproductive things.
(b) Spontaneous things.
(c) Vile things.
(d) Honorable things.
4. What reason does the writer give for his behavior at work?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) That is how educated men act.
(c) He is superior to the others.
(d) Out of spite.
5. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(a) Human desire.
(d) Self control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferfichkin say he would have done if he was early for the dinner?
2. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
3. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
4. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
5. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)