|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) He is tired of acting out of spite.
(b) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(c) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
(d) He cannot blame anyone.
2. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
(a) They are pleased.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They regret them.
(d) They forget them.
3. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
(a) His bruteforce.
(b) His pity for her.
(c) His love.
(d) His sentimentality.
4. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(b) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(c) It is a weekly event.
(d) One of the firends is going on a journey.
5. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
2. Who sits to the left of the writer at the dinner party?
3. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
4. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
5. What does the writer say all men must accept?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)