|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
(a) The rights of man.
2. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
(b) Big talk.
3. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) It is a weekly event.
(b) One of the firends is going on a journey.
(c) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(d) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
4. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
(b) Continual impropriety.
(c) Abillity to love others.
5. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
(a) He feels worthless.
(b) Because of his vanity.
(c) He is uneducated.
(d) He is ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
2. What two things does the writer state are most precious to man?
3. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
4. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
5. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)