|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say consumption is?
(a) A normal human condition.
(b) A character flaw.
(c) Pure evil.
(d) An illness.
2. What does the writer say a man can do with no primary cause for action?
(a) Give up.
(b) Seek comfort in the wall.
(c) Return home and moan.
(d) Beat his head against the wall.
3. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
4. How big does the writer state his rational capacity is compared to his capacity to live?
(b) They are equal.
5. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is deliberate.
(b) He thinks he is cursed.
(c) It is inconsequential.
(d) It is because of his difficult life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Zverkov an expert?
2. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
3. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
4. In what does the writer find pleasure?
5. What is Liza's profession?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)