|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer write to Simonov as an excuse for his dinner behavior?
(a) The first glass of wine makes him drunk.
(b) He does not like the company.
(c) It is all a joke.
(d) His depression.
2. What is a troglodyte?
(c) A man in pain.
(d) The will of man.
3. What does the writer say consumption is?
(a) A character flaw.
(b) A normal human condition.
(c) Pure evil.
(d) An illness.
4. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
(a) Man does not have the willpower.
(b) There is nothing to change into.
(c) His pride would take over.
(d) A man cannot change what is in his heart.
5. How does the writer feel about the time of his arrival at the dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
2. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
3. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
4. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
5. What does the writer state happens to stupid Russian romantics?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)