|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say consumption is?
(a) Pure evil.
(b) A normal human condition.
(c) A character flaw.
(d) An illness.
2. What does the writer state happens to stupid Russian romantics?
(a) They died off years ago.
(b) They are not true romantics.
(c) They leave for France.
(d) They degenerate into Germans.
3. What does Zverkov say he would do if the peasants in his countries protested?
(a) Listen to their concerns.
(b) Have them flogged.
(c) Change the rules.
(d) Give up his post.
4. What justification does the writer give for his behavior?
(a) His status in society.
(b) It is a nautral law.
(c) His education.
(d) His age.
5. What would the writer have to do to buy a pistol?
(a) Sell some belongings.
(b) Get to the bank before the duel.
(c) Buy them on the black market.
(d) Get a salary advance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
2. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
3. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
4. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
5. When the others arrive for the dinner party, Zverkov is in the lead and appears to be in charge. How does he respond when he learns the time of the writer's arrival?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)