|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe his apartment?
2. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
(a) The writer's neighbor.
(b) The writer's only regular acquaintance.
(c) The writer's brother.
(d) The writer's rival.
4. What does Zverkov say he would do if the peasants in his countries protested?
(a) Have them flogged.
(b) Give up his post.
(c) Change the rules.
(d) Listen to their concerns.
5. What two things does the writer state are most precious to man?
(a) Desire and acceptance.
(b) Love and family.
(c) Personality and individuality.
(d) Revenge and education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
2. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
3. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
4. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
5. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)