|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
(c) The writer.
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, the writer arrives early to a dinner party. What time is the dinner scheduled to begin?
(a) 5:30 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 6:30 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
3. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Like hell on earth.
(b) A beautiful city.
(c) Abstract and premeditated.
4. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
(c) The unintelligent.
5. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A sick man.
(c) A man of action.
(d) A scoundrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
2. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
3. What does Zverkov say he would do if the peasants in his countries protested?
4. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
5. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)