|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
(a) His love.
(b) His bruteforce.
(c) His pity for her.
(d) His sentimentality.
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 8, upon waking up, what does the writer decide is the most important thing he must do?
(a) Get back to work.
(b) See Liza again.
(c) Save his reputation with Zverkov and Simonov.
(d) Find love for himself.
3. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
(a) With regrets.
(b) A lonely man.
(c) With a triumphant conscience.
4. What is the ultimate result of the writer's always being offended?
(a) It causes his illness.
(b) It turns him into a sour man.
(d) It eventually becomes true.
5. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
(b) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
2. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
3. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
4. What effect does the writer's speech about Liza's life have on Liza?
5. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)