|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
2. How does the writer feel about his dreams in this section?
(a) They are frightening.
(b) They are profound.
(c) They are mysterious.
(d) They are satisfing at the time.
3. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
(a) They are limited.
(b) They are without limits.
(c) They run the world.
(d) There are very few of them.
4. What effect does the writer's speech about Liza's life have on Liza?
(a) She become svery upset.
(b) She knows she must change her life.
(c) She realizes that her life has meaning.
(d) She hates the writer.
5. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
(a) To define laws.
(b) To chatter.
(c) To think.
(d) To fine primary causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
2. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
3. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
4. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
5. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)