|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(b) Live a lie.
(c) Give up hope.
(d) Become men of action.
2. What has the writer forgotten about when he wakesup after his night of drinking?
(b) An important meeting.
(c) The cabby.
(d) The fight during dinner.
3. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
(a) They are free.
(b) They are dull witted.
(c) They are strong.
(d) They are unlearned.
4. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
(a) They run the world.
(b) They are limited.
(c) There are very few of them.
(d) They are without limits.
5. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
(a) Rid the world of distastful things.
(b) Be a drunkard.
(c) Live honorably.
(d) Make everything beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
2. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
3. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
4. What does the writer state is a privilege of man that no other animal has?
5. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)