|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters VII, VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the writer have to do to buy a pistol?
(a) Buy them on the black market.
(b) Get to the bank before the duel.
(c) Sell some belongings.
(d) Get a salary advance.
2. What has the writer forgotten about when he wakesup after his night of drinking?
(a) The fight during dinner.
(b) An important meeting.
(c) The cabby.
3. What does the writer say happens to women for Liza's profession?
(a) They are honored.
(b) The are beaten.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They suceed.
4. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
(a) Rid the world of distastful things.
(b) Be a drunkard.
(c) Make everything beautiful.
(d) Live honorably.
5. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(b) He is tired of acting out of spite.
(c) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
(d) He cannot blame anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
2. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
3. What does Zverkov say he would do if the peasants in his countries protested?
4. How does the writer "plunge into society"?
5. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)