|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(b) Unpleasent looking.
(c) Quick to take offense.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
(a) They flaunt their illnesses.
(b) They are ashamed of their illnesses.
(c) They keep their illness a secret.
(d) They take pride in them.
3. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A wall.
(b) An insect.
(c) A monster.
(d) A maddened bull.
4. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
5. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
(d) He is different because of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When would a man stop his vile nature?
2. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
3. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
4. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
5. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)