|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) He thinks he is cursed.
(b) It is inconsequential.
(c) It is because of his difficult life.
(d) It is deliberate.
2. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(d) Civil Servant.
3. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
4. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is fit and well.
(b) He is a large man.
(c) He is short and thin.
(d) He is sickly.
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is truly in pain.
(b) His groans are out of spite.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He is eliciting sympathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
2. When would a man stop his vile nature?
3. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
4. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
5. What is a Waganheims?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)