|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
(a) He is always in love.
(b) Three times.
2. What does the writer say a man can do with no primary cause for action?
(a) Beat his head against the wall.
(b) Give up.
(c) Return home and moan.
(d) Seek comfort in the wall.
3. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) He can not afford it.
(c) He does not trust doctors.
(d) His illness is imaginary.
4. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(d) Pleasurable .
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
2. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
3. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
5. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)