|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
(a) A martyr's death.
(b) A quiet death.
(c) A majestic death.
(d) A publicized death.
2. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A challenge.
(b) A fact of life.
(c) Simply a small obstacle.
(d) A deterrent.
4. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
(a) There are very few of them.
(b) They run the world.
(c) They are limited.
(d) They are without limits.
5. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
(a) There is nothing to change into.
(b) His pride would take over.
(c) A man cannot change what is in his heart.
(d) Man does not have the willpower.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
2. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
3. What fundamental law does the writer say governs this dilemma of change?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
5. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)