|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
(a) They regret them.
(b) They forget them.
(c) They are pleased.
(d) They are disappointed.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Blame themselves for its existence.
(b) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(c) Blame others for its existence.
(d) Consult with nature about its existence.
3. What is the ultimate result of the writer's always being offended?
(a) It turns him into a sour man.
(c) It eventually becomes true.
(d) It causes his illness.
4. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
5. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
(a) It describes many men.
(b) It is a career.
(c) It signifies death.
(d) It is reserved for the weak at heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
2. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
3. When would a man stop his vile nature?
4. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)