|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Waganheims?
(a) A nobleman.
(c) Man of Action.
2. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
(a) A lonely man.
(c) With a triumphant conscience.
(d) With regrets.
3. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Abstract and premeditated.
(b) Like hell on earth.
(c) A beautiful city.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Blame others for its existence.
(b) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(c) Consult with nature about its existence.
(d) Blame themselves for its existence.
5. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
2. How does the writer describe his apartment?
3. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
4. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)