|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(c) Civil Servant.
2. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
(a) It is reserved for the weak at heart.
(b) It is a career.
(c) It signifies death.
(d) It describes many men.
3. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
4. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
(a) Vile things.
(b) Honorable things.
(c) Spontaneous things.
(d) Unproductive things.
5. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
(a) He is different because of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
2. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
3. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
4. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
5. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)