|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(a) Pleasurable .
2. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are correct.
(b) They are preposterous.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are incorrect.
3. What does the writer state is the only purpose of intelligent people?
(a) To define laws.
(b) To fine primary causes.
(c) To chatter.
(d) To think.
4. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
5. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(b) They earn respect.
(c) They are sick.
(d) They are truly cowards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
2. When a man identifies the primary cause of an action, how does he go about this action?
3. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
4. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)