|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
(b) The laws of nature.
(c) The good nature of others.
(d) Other men.
2. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
(a) A martyr's death.
(b) A quiet death.
(c) A majestic death.
(d) A publicized death.
3. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A sick man.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) A man of action.
4. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(b) Live a lie.
(c) Become men of action.
(d) Give up hope.
5. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) A lion.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A model citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
2. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
3. When would a man stop his vile nature?
4. How does the writer describe his apartment?
5. The writer states that man could not act against his own personal advantage. What, therefore, must his actions be?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)