|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are truly cowards.
(b) They earn respect.
(c) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(d) They are sick.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A deterrent.
(b) Simply a small obstacle.
(c) A fact of life.
(d) A challenge.
3. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Abstract and premeditated.
(b) A beautiful city.
(d) Like hell on earth.
4. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
(a) He should have acted more professional.
(b) He is satisified with his attitude.
(c) His attitude is the reason he got fired.
(d) It is a lie out of spite.
5. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
(a) They are pleased.
(b) They forget them.
(c) They regret them.
(d) They are disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
2. In what does the writer find pleasure?
3. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
4. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
5. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)