|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the writer been underground?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are truly cowards.
(b) They are sick.
(c) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(d) They earn respect.
3. How does the writer describe a man of action?
(b) A leader.
(d) A classy member of society.
4. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
(a) Spontaneous things.
(b) Honorable things.
(c) Unproductive things.
(d) Vile things.
5. While the writer explains man's reasoning for taking revenge, why can he himself not seek revenge?
(a) He does not find virtue in it.
(b) Because of his illness.
(c) His actions are never justified.
(d) He is weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
2. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
3. What does the writer say a man can do with no primary cause for action?
4. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
5. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)