Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters V, VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
(a) Unproductive things.
(b) Vile things.
(c) Honorable things.
(d) Spontaneous things.
2. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The wall.
(b) A toothache.
(d) The agony of others.
3. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
(a) Seek vengeance.
(b) Complain more often.
(c) Love others.
(d) Slap others.
4. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
(a) The rights of man.
5. What does the writer say has offended him all of his life?
(a) The good nature of others.
(c) Other men.
(d) The laws of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
2. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
4. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)