|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what is Zverkov an expert?
(a) Good manners.
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He despises him.
(b) He feels there is no need for him.
(c) He feels sorry for him.
(d) He envies him.
3. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
(b) The enemy.
(c) Piano keys.
(d) Innocent bystanders.
4. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(b) Civil Servant.
5. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
(a) The laws of nature rule out spite as a primary cause.
(b) Because spite is a chemical decomposition.
(c) He is tired of acting out of spite.
(d) He cannot blame anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
2. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
3. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
4. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
5. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)