|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(b) They earn respect.
(c) They are sick.
(d) They are truly cowards.
2. Why does the writer want to continue living?
(a) To spite the gentlemen.
(b) Satisfy his rational capacity.
(c) To satisfy his capacity for living.
(d) To learn to be a man of action.
3. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(b) A beautiful city.
(c) Like hell on earth.
(d) Abstract and premeditated.
4. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
(a) True happiness.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) Certain laws of nature.
(d) Justification for revenge.
5. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
(d) Lack of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
2. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
3. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
4. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
5. How does the writer feel about the office clerks?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)