|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
(a) He likes him.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) He loathes him.
2. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(a) Live a lie.
(c) Become men of action.
(d) Give up hope.
3. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
(a) It is a lie out of spite.
(b) He should have acted more professional.
(c) His attitude is the reason he got fired.
(d) He is satisified with his attitude.
4. How many times has the writer fallen in love?
(c) He is always in love.
(d) Three times.
5. What does the writer say about those in other countries with regard to romanticism?
(a) They are fools.
(b) They are lucky.
(c) They are uneducated.
(d) They are wasting their time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
2. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
3. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
4. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
5. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)