|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say about the offense he took for various things in his life?
(a) It is deliberate.
(b) He thinks he is cursed.
(c) It is because of his difficult life.
(d) It is inconsequential.
2. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
3. What do the writer's dreams sometimes cause him to do?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Commit crimes.
(c) Embrace people.
(d) Seclude himself.
4. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
(a) With a triumphant conscience.
(b) With regrets.
(c) A lonely man.
5. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is worthless.
(b) He is interesting.
(c) He is bragging.
(d) He is an honorable man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
2. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
4. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
5. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)