|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
(a) A man cannot change what is in his heart.
(b) His pride would take over.
(c) There is nothing to change into.
(d) Man does not have the willpower.
2. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
3. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
(a) A publicized death.
(b) A martyr's death.
(c) A quiet death.
(d) A majestic death.
4. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 45 years.
5. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
(a) The writer's rival.
(b) The writer's only regular acquaintance.
(c) The writer's neighbor.
(d) The writer's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
2. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
3. What does the writer question regarding a character trait when a man experiences self humiliation?
4. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)