|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He envies him.
(c) He feels there is no need for him.
(d) He despises him.
2. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
(a) He likes him.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) He loathes him.
3. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the writer discusses what he would have done if he had a career. What is it that the writer would have liked to do?
(a) Be a drunkard.
(b) Make everything beautiful.
(c) Rid the world of distastful things.
(d) Live honorably.
4. The writer refers back to his discussion on revenge. What does he say is the primary cause of revenge?
(b) The rights of man.
5. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
(a) Go back in time.
(b) Caculate the next 30 years.
(c) Understand human nature.
(d) Find happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
2. What do the writer's dreams sometimes cause him to do?
3. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
4. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
5. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)