|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) Men of action.
(b) Those who have never been slapped.
(c) The strong willed.
(d) The weak and weary.
2. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
(a) Makes him evil.
(b) Gives him strength.
(c) Makes him weak.
(d) Overwhelms him.
3. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
(a) He would go mad.
(b) He would understand reason.
(c) He would succeed.
(d) He would die.
4. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
(a) A time of forgiveness.
(b) A time of vengeance.
(c) A positive time.
(d) A negative time.
5. During Part 1, Chapter 6, the readers learn that the writer is how old?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 45 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
2. What do the writer's old schoolmates think about him?
3. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
4. What does the writer say he would like to become?
5. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)