|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the writer want to continue living?
(a) Satisfy his rational capacity.
(b) To satisfy his capacity for living.
(c) To spite the gentlemen.
(d) To learn to be a man of action.
2. How does the writer describe the current state of the world?
(a) A time of forgiveness.
(b) A negative time.
(c) A positive time.
(d) A time of vengeance.
3. What does the writer think of being defined as a lazy fellow?
(a) It describes many men.
(b) It is reserved for the weak at heart.
(c) It signifies death.
(d) It is a career.
4. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
5. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate result of the writer's always being offended?
2. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
3. How does the writer describe his apartment?
4. What does the writer state happens to stupid Russian romantics?
5. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)