|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
(a) His conscience.
(b) His friends.
(c) The wall.
2. What fundamental law does the writer say governs this dilemma of change?
(a) The laws of nature.
(b) The law of gravity.
(c) The law of heightened consciousness.
(d) The law of change.
3. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
(a) He despises working.
(b) He loses his love.
(c) He is just like everyone else.
(d) No one is like him.
4. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(b) Quick to take offense.
(c) Unpleasent looking.
5. How does the writer "plunge into society"?
(a) He goes on an outing to the city.
(b) He visita a museum.
(c) He visits the head of his department.
(d) He plays cards with co-workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
2. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
3. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
4. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
5. What do the writer's colleagues think of him?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)