|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what condition would a man only have to sleep, eat, and complain?
(d) Economic prosperity.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Blame themselves for its existence.
(b) Consult with nature about its existence.
(c) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(d) Blame others for its existence.
3. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
(a) He is always at fault.
(b) To save a friend.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) Just to apologize.
4. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(a) Human desire.
(d) Self control.
5. How does the writer describe his apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
2. In what is Zverkov an expert?
3. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
4. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
5. Why does the writer want to continue living?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)