|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe his face?
(c) With a mean look.
2. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) A scoundrel.
(b) A man of action.
(c) A sick man.
(d) An intellectual.
3. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
(a) They are useful only to the educated.
(b) They are undeniable.
(c) They are a burden to a "man of action".
(d) They are overcomplicated.
4. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
(a) They are uneducated.
(b) They are wise men.
(c) They are always intelligent.
(d) They are fools.
5. Why would the writer confess to wrongdoing when he is innocent?
(a) He is always at fault.
(b) Out of spite.
(c) Just to apologize.
(d) To save a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
3. What day does Anton allow visitors?
4. When would a man stop his vile nature?
5. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)