|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say is the result of consciousness?
2. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(b) The Waganheims.
(c) The mouse.
(d) The man faced with the wall.
3. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
4. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
(a) There will be more freedom.
(b) Life will become easier.
(c) There will be more temptation.
(d) It is no longer free.
5. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
(a) A scoundrel.
(b) A sick man.
(c) A man of action.
(d) An intellectual.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man identifies the primary cause of an action, how does he go about this action?
2. What is a troglodyte?
3. The writer describes a man who knew every thing about Chateau-Lafite. How does the writer say this man dies?
4. While the writer admits that spite may not provide a valid reason for revenge, why does he then say this might occur?
5. Why does the writer think men of action are spontaneous?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)