|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer "plunge into society"?
(a) He goes on an outing to the city.
(b) He visita a museum.
(c) He plays cards with co-workers.
(d) He visits the head of his department.
2. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is worthless.
(b) He is bragging.
(c) He is interesting.
(d) He is an honorable man.
3. What does the writer state would be his primary cause for any action?
4. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Like hell on earth.
(b) Abstract and premeditated.
(d) A beautiful city.
5. Why does the writer want to continue living?
(a) To learn to be a man of action.
(b) Satisfy his rational capacity.
(c) To spite the gentlemen.
(d) To satisfy his capacity for living.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
2. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
3. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
4. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
5. How does the writer describe his face?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)