Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters I, II and III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
(a) They do not know each other.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He loathes him.
(d) They are best friends.
2. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(b) Human desire.
(c) Self control.
3. What type of death does the writer say would be a delight?
(a) A quiet death.
(b) A publicized death.
(c) A majestic death.
(d) A martyr's death.
4. What do the writer's colleagues think of him?
(b) An odd fellow.
5. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
(a) Create chaos.
(b) Defy the laws.
(c) Yield to the laws.
(d) Seek vengeance against the laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say man is trying to do?
2. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
3. When a man identifies the primary cause of an action, how does he go about this action?
4. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
5. Why does the writer want to continue living?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)