|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does the writer state are most precious to man?
(a) Love and family.
(b) Desire and acceptance.
(c) Personality and individuality.
(d) Revenge and education.
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(b) Pleasurable .
3. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
(c) The gentleman.
(d) Man of action.
4. How long has the writer been underground?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. What does the writer say man is trying to do?
(a) Empower himself.
(b) Prove himself.
(c) Seek revenge.
(d) Find meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
3. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
4. As the dinner proceeds, how is the writer feeling?
5. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)