|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(b) One of the firends is going on a journey.
(c) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(d) It is a weekly event.
2. Why does the writer want to continue living?
(a) To satisfy his capacity for living.
(b) Satisfy his rational capacity.
(c) To spite the gentlemen.
(d) To learn to be a man of action.
3. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The wall.
(b) A toothache.
(d) The agony of others.
4. What is a troglodyte?
(a) A man in pain.
(c) The will of man.
5. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A wall.
(b) An insect.
(c) A monster.
(d) A maddened bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say man is trying to do?
2. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
3. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
4. What is the human characteristic based on?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, the writer arrives early to a dinner party. What time is the dinner scheduled to begin?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)