|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) An insect.
(b) A maddened bull.
(c) A monster.
(d) A wall.
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(c) Pleasurable .
3. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
4. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They earn respect.
(b) They are truly cowards.
(c) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(d) They are sick.
5. Despite what the writer wants to do during the dinner, what does he do?
(a) Enjoys the conversation.
(d) Begins an argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
2. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
3. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
4. What is the human characteristic based on?
5. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)