|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
(a) Apologize to the group.
(b) Give back the six roubles.
(c) Go back and slap Zverkov.
(d) Ask the fare.
2. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) A wall.
(b) A monster.
(c) A maddened bull.
(d) An insect.
3. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(b) It is a weekly event.
(c) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(d) One of the firends is going on a journey.
4. As the dinner proceeds, how is the writer feeling?
(a) A part of the group.
(d) Crushed and broken.
5. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
(a) Understand human nature.
(b) Caculate the next 30 years.
(c) Go back in time.
(d) Find happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the diner conversation begins, how does the writer feel?
2. How does the writer feel about the time of his arrival at the dinner party?
3. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
5. What does the writer say man is trying to do?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)