|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(b) Human desire.
(c) Self control.
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He feels there is no need for him.
(c) He envies him.
(d) He despises him.
3. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is truly in pain.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He is eliciting sympathy.
(d) His groans are out of spite.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A fact of life.
(b) Simply a small obstacle.
(c) A deterrent.
(d) A challenge.
5. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
(a) They are pleased.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They regret them.
(d) They forget them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
2. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
3. What does the writer say all men must accept?
4. What does the writer state he would like his own will to coincide with?
5. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)