|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(b) The mouse.
(c) The man faced with the wall.
(d) The Waganheims.
2. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
(a) Yield to the laws.
(b) Create chaos.
(c) Seek vengeance against the laws.
(d) Defy the laws.
3. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
(b) The devil.
4. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
(a) 5:00 pm.
(b) 5:25 pm.
(c) 6:00 pm.
(d) 5:30 pm.
5. What type of act does the writer state everyone will commit and thus betray themselves?
(a) A ludicrous act.
(b) A selfish act.
(d) A kind act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the human characteristic based on?
2. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
3. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
4. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
5. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)