|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
(a) The others are talking and laughing.
(b) The establishment is closed.
(c) The others are gone.
(d) Only Zverkov remains.
2. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
(a) He would understand reason.
(b) He would die.
(c) He would go mad.
(d) He would succeed.
3. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
(a) Find happiness.
(b) Understand human nature.
(c) Caculate the next 30 years.
(d) Go back in time.
4. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(b) A toothache.
(c) The agony of others.
(d) The wall.
5. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
(a) True happiness.
(b) Justification for revenge.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) Certain laws of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a troglodyte?
2. As the dinner proceeds, how is the writer feeling?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
4. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
5. What would the writer have to do to buy a pistol?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)