|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
(c) The unintelligent.
2. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
(a) Innocent bystanders.
(b) Piano keys.
(d) The enemy.
3. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The wall.
(b) A toothache.
(c) The agony of others.
4. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(b) It is a weekly event.
(c) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(d) One of the firends is going on a journey.
5. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) Certain laws of nature.
(c) True happiness.
(d) Justification for revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a troglodyte?
2. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
3. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
4. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)