|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
(a) Throws the bottle at the wall.
(b) Drinks from the bottle.
(c) Pours himself a full glass.
(d) Throws the bottle at the others.
2. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(c) Human desire.
(d) Self control.
3. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are curious.
(b) They are preposterous.
(c) They are incorrect.
(d) They are correct.
4. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
(a) Ask the fare.
(b) Give back the six roubles.
(c) Apologize to the group.
(d) Go back and slap Zverkov.
5. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
(b) Continual impropriety.
(c) Abillity to love others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
2. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
3. What is the human characteristic based on?
4. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
5. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)