|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
(d) The unintelligent.
2. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(a) The agony of others.
(b) A toothache.
(c) The wall.
3. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
(a) Continual impropriety.
(c) Abillity to love others.
4. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
(a) Apologize to the group.
(b) Go back and slap Zverkov.
(c) Give back the six roubles.
(d) Ask the fare.
5. What would the writer have to do to buy a pistol?
(a) Get to the bank before the duel.
(b) Get a salary advance.
(c) Sell some belongings.
(d) Buy them on the black market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
2. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
3. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
4. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
5. What does the writer say all men must accept?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)