|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(a) Pleasurable .
2. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
(a) To celebrate the promotion of one of the friends.
(b) To visit with the writer, whom the others had not see in years.
(c) One of the firends is going on a journey.
(d) It is a weekly event.
3. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
(b) The unintelligent.
4. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The Waganheims.
(b) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(c) The man faced with the wall.
(d) The mouse.
5. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is truly in pain.
(b) He is eliciting sympathy.
(c) His groans are out of spite.
(d) He is weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Waganheims?
2. What does the writer suggest he would be able to do, if scientists found the formula for life?
3. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
4. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
5. What would the writer have to do to buy a pistol?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)