|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
(a) As if they are participants in the conversation.
(b) As if he is giving a speech.
(c) In a demeaning tone.
(d) As if they do not understand him.
2. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
(b) The gentleman.
(d) Man of action.
3. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
(b) The unintelligent.
4. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
(a) Defy the laws.
(b) Yield to the laws.
(c) Seek vengeance against the laws.
(d) Create chaos.
5. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
(a) The laws of nature.
(b) Abject foolishness.
(c) The greatness of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
2. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
3. Despite what the writer wants to do during the dinner, what does he do?
4. Why does the writer want to continue living?
5. What are some things the writer believes man will never discover?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)