|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1 Chapter 8, the writer talks about a mathematical formula for what human characteristic?
(b) Human desire.
(c) Self control.
2. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
(c) Big talk.
3. What type of person does the writer think could not desire something that is to his disadvantage?
(a) The gentleman.
(c) Man of action.
4. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
(a) There will be more temptation.
(b) There will be more freedom.
(c) It is no longer free.
(d) Life will become easier.
5. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
2. What does the writer say all men must accept?
3. How does the writer describe a man of action?
4. What does the writer compare his writings to?
5. How does the writer define desire?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)