|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They earn respect.
(b) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(c) They are sick.
(d) They are truly cowards.
2. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
(b) Shouts "Hurrah!" with the the others.
(c) Smashes his glass.
(d) Drinks before the toast is completed.
3. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The man faced with the wall.
(b) The mouse.
(c) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(d) The Waganheims.
4. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
5. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
(d) Lack of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
2. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
3. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
4. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
5. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, the writer describes the chiming of the clock. What state of mind does he say he is in at that time?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)