|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer feel about the time of his arrival at the dinner party?
2. What would a content man do to rebel against the laws of nature?
(a) Yield to the laws.
(b) Defy the laws.
(c) Create chaos.
(d) Seek vengeance against the laws.
3. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 5:25 pm.
(c) 5:00 pm.
(d) 5:30 pm.
4. What does the writer say irrationality stems from?
(a) Lack of education.
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
(a) Almost warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer state is man's ultimate shortcoming?
2. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
3. As the diner conversation begins, how does the writer feel?
4. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
5. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)