|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferfichkin say he would have done if he was early for the dinner?
(b) Waited patiently.
(c) Filed a complaint with the establishment.
(d) Ordered something.
2. Where is Liza from?
(a) The writer's hometown.
3. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
(a) Go back and slap Zverkov.
(b) Apologize to the group.
(c) Ask the fare.
(d) Give back the six roubles.
4. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
(a) An insect.
(b) A monster.
(c) A maddened bull.
(d) A wall.
5. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) An outsider.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A model citizen.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the others arrive for the dinner party, Zverkov is in the lead and appears to be in charge. How does he respond when he learns the time of the writer's arrival?
2. Who does the writer state is the only one who knows what desire depends on?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
4. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
5. What does the writer suggest is the result of these feelings about the wall?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)