|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The mouse.
(b) The man faced with the wall.
(c) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(d) The Waganheims.
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He despises him.
(b) He feels there is no need for him.
(c) He feels sorry for him.
(d) He envies him.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer addresses the gentlemen about the nature of desire, the devil, and God. How exactly does the writer address this audience?
(a) As if he is giving a speech.
(b) As if they do not understand him.
(c) As if they are participants in the conversation.
(d) In a demeaning tone.
4. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
(a) Almost warm.
5. How does the writer describe a man of action?
(b) A classy member of society.
(c) A leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to a man who tries to assert himself?
2. How long has the writer been underground?
3. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
4. What does the writer say all men must accept?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)