|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second sign in "The Romans in Films"?
(a) Skin color.
2. "The spiritualization can be seen in the extent, the quality and the material of the _____." How is this quote from "The New Citroen" finished?
3. What does the author say culture will be opposed to in "Neither-Nor Criticism"?
4. What did the face of Valentino cause, as per "The Face of Garbo"?
(a) Revolutions in art and cinema.
(c) Reforms in the fashion industry.
5. What writer does Barthes discuss the work of in "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat"?
(a) Mary Shelley.
(b) Jules Verne.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Bram Stoker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which popular cartoon character is mentioned in "Wine and Milk"?
2. What religious sect is referred to in "Novels and Children"?
3. "______ for Schelling." How is this quote from "The Brain of Einstein finished"?
4. In "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat," the ship is a symbol of what?
5. Which of the following is not part of the whole system of values for a myth in "The Form and the Concept"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)