|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Novels and Children" was written in response to an article in what magazine?
(b) La Monde.
2. Which king is compared to writers in "The Writer on Holiday"?
(a) Richard II.
(b) Henry IV.
(c) Louis XIV.
(d) Edward III.
3. According to the author, French toys always mean what?
4. How old is the subject of the trial in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
5. Which of the following is not an industry compared to in "Toys"?
(a) The Army.
(b) Hair Styling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river is referenced in the first sentence of "The Writer on Holiday?"
2. Who is the inspiration for "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
3. In "Soap Powders and Detergents," what does the author argue that the "whiteness" promised by these cleaning products play towards?
4. How is a writer's holiday different from another tradesman according to the author in "The Writer on Holiday"?
5. Who is Garbo?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)