|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river is referenced in the first sentence of "The Writer on Holiday?"
2. What is the associated social status of the referenced actor in "The Poor and the Proletariat"?
(b) Middle class.
(c) Working class.
(d) Working class and poor.
3. Which two organizations are referred to in "Operation Margarine"?
(a) The Army and the Church.
(b) The Church and the Government.
(c) The Police and the Army.
(d) The Navy and the Court.
4. What does the author suggest is saintly about the Abbe Pierre?
(a) The haircut.
(b) The work.
(c) The beard.
(d) The clothing.
5. How old is the subject of the trial in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was this meeting on soaps mentioned in "Soap Powders and Detergents"?
2. What religious sect is referred to in "Novels and Children"?
3. Finish the following statement from "Toys": "The adult Frenchman sees the child as ______."
4. How is the following quote from "The Poor and the Proletariat" finished: "the proletarian is still the man who is ______"?
5. "Your ____ will be furious!" How is this quote from "Operation Margarine" finished?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)