|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the face of Valentino cause, as per "The Face of Garbo"?
(a) Reforms in the fashion industry.
(d) Revolutions in art and cinema.
2. Which of the following is not an industry compared to in "Toys"?
(a) The Army.
(c) Hair Styling.
3. Where does the author suggest holidays originate from?
(a) The judicial world.
(b) The school world.
(c) Biblical times.
(d) The Athenians.
4. What do the toys of current society do, that disheartens the author?
(a) Block the foundation for creativity.
(b) Die very quickly.
(c) Taint children's morale.
(d) Support an uneducated society.
5. What meal does the author compare a writer's liking to in "The Writer on Holiday"?
(a) "Dry white wine and underdone steak."
(b) "Harsh whiskey and crabs legs."
(c) "Any red wine with the reddest of meats."
(d) "Robust ale with spicy fra diavolo."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an object mentioned in "The 'Blue Blood" Cruise"?
2. How old is the subject of the trial in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
3. Which fictional children's character(s) is/are referred to in "The Poor and the Proletariat"?
4. The author claims that according to the magazine article in "Novels and Children," women are what sort of species?
5. How is the following quote from "The Poor and the Proletariat" finished: "the proletarian is still the man who is ______"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)