|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a publication referred to by the author in "The Blue Guide"?
(b) Michelin Guide.
2. How does "Myth as Stolen Language" conclude?
(a) "The ideal of course would be to combine these two types of criticism."
(b) "The mistake which is constantly made is to confuse them."
(c) "Ideology has its methods, and so has semiology."
(d) "One must deal with the writer's realism either as an ideological substance or as a semiological value."
3. Which of the following is NOT something the author says criticism mustn't be in "Neither-Nor Criticism."
4. In "Reading and Deciphering Myth" the author says the saluting soldier used as a reference in other sections is an example of what?
(a) French imperiality.
(b) French attitude.
(c) French struggle.
(d) French endurance.
5. In "Steak and Chips," the author compares steak to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an industry compared to in "Toys"?
2. What is the name of the international meeting on soap mentioned in "Soap Powders and Detergents"?
3. "Criticism must be neither a parlour game, nor a _____." How is this quote from "Neither-Nor Criticism" finished?
4. In "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat," what are Nautilus and Drunken Boat to one another?
5. "A ____ decor complete with _____." How is this quote from Striptease finished?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)