|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "In France, drunkenness is a _____." How is this quote from "Wine and Milk" finished?
2. Who is the actor the author focuses on in "The Poor and the Proletariat"?
(a) John Wayne.
(b) Marlon Brando.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Clark Gable.
3. How is the following quote from "The Poor and the Proletariat" finished: "the proletarian is still the man who is ______"?
4. What sort of values does steak adhere to in "Steak and Chips"?
5. "Chips are ____ and ____ like steak." How is this quote finished from "Steak and Chips"?
(a) Nostalgic, patriotic.
(b) Beloved, hand made.
(c) Relevant, imperative.
(d) Delicious, earned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the international meeting on soap mentioned in "Soap Powders and Detergents"?
2. Ultimately, what is the destiny of the writers in the magazine article mentioned in "Novels and Children"?
3. What did the face of Valentino cause, as per "The Face of Garbo"?
4. What pop-culture icon is Garbo contrasted to in "The Face of Garbo"?
5. In "Steak and Chips," the author compares steak to what?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)