|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an object mentioned in "The 'Blue Blood" Cruise"?
(b) No answers are correct.
2. Who is the actor the author focuses on in "The Poor and the Proletariat"?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Marlon Brando.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) Clark Gable.
3. What other famous author does Barthes compare misunderstandings in language to in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
4. How old is the subject of the trial in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
5. As said in "Wine and Milk," wine is to the French as what is to the Dutch?
(a) "The milk of the cow."
(b) "The milk of the mother."
(c) "The milk of the chocolate."
(d) "The milk of the farm."
Short Answer Questions
1. The author claims that according to the magazine article in "Novels and Children," women are what sort of species?
2. Which of the following is not one of the things the author says of steak in "Steak and Chips"?
3. What American mixture does the author perplex over in "Wine and Milk"?
4. "Wine is here a part of the reason of _____." How is this quote from "Wine and Milk" finished?
5. In "The 'Blue Blood' Cruise," what is the name of the yacht used by the royals?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)