|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things the author says of steak in "Steak and Chips"?
(a) "A part of all the rhythms."
(b) "The comfortable bourgeois meal."
(c) "The reason there is supper."
(d) "The bachelor's bohemian snack."
2. The author argues that French toys "are meant to produce children who are users, not ____." How is this quote finished?
3. The author claims that according to the magazine article in "Novels and Children," women are what sort of species?
4. What did the face of Valentino cause, as per "The Face of Garbo"?
(b) Reforms in the fashion industry.
(c) Revolutions in art and cinema.
5. What other alcoholic beverage is wine contrasted to in "Wine and Milk"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was this meeting on soaps mentioned in "Soap Powders and Detergents"?
2. How old is the subject of the trial in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
3. In "Steak and Chips," the author compares steak to what?
4. What is Garbo's makeup compared to in "The Face of Garbo"?
5. Which king is compared to writers in "The Writer on Holiday"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)