|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, French toys always mean what?
2. "In France, drunkenness is a _____." How is this quote from "Wine and Milk" finished?
3. Which Saint is the Abbe said to be dressed up as in "The Iconography of the Abbe Pierre"?
4. How does the author describe bleach products in "Soap Powders and Detergents"?
(a) Immediate chemical combustion.
(b) Clothing tonic.
(c) Liquid fire.
(d) Mass-sold poison.
5. Which of the following is not an industry compared to in "Toys"?
(a) The Army.
(b) Hair Styling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Steak and Chips," the author compares steak to what?
2. Which king is compared to writers in "The Writer on Holiday"?
3. "Wine is here a part of the reason of _____." How is this quote from "Wine and Milk" finished?
4. What river is referenced in the first sentence of "The Writer on Holiday?"
5. How is the following quote from "The Poor and the Proletariat" finished: "the proletarian is still the man who is ______"?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)