|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Garbo's makeup compared to in "The Face of Garbo"?
(a) Another face.
(b) A mask.
(c) A masterpiece.
(d) A mosaic.
2. According to the author, the literature of repletion is passed of as what?
(a) The literature of how man struggles.
(b) The literature of the "real" and the "human."
(c) The literature of what is "judicial" and what is "faithful."
(d) The literature to what guides our lives and our souls.
3. What American mixture does the author perplex over in "Wine and Milk"?
(a) Water and cucumber.
(b) Milk and chocolate.
(c) Wine and juice.
(d) Milk and pomegranate.
4. "In France, drunkenness is a _____." How is this quote from "Wine and Milk" finished?
5. How is a writer's holiday different from another tradesman according to the author in "The Writer on Holiday"?
(a) He travels further from home.
(b) He spends more money.
(c) He continues to work.
(d) He drinks more.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the subject of the trial in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
2. What did the face of Valentino cause, as per "The Face of Garbo"?
3. Which king is compared to writers in "The Writer on Holiday"?
4. Which of the following is not what the author argues convicted the defendant in "Dominici, or the Triumph of Literature"?
5. Which of the following is not a title of an outside work referenced in "Operation Margarine"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)