|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Part 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final example in "Plastic" of the material's infringement on nature?
(a) Its contamination of food.
(b) Artificial plants.
(c) Production of plastic aortas.
(d) It use in child birthing.
2. According to the author in "Neither-Nor Criticism," which of the following isn't "heavy, defective words"?
3. Which fictional children's character(s) is/are referred to in "The Poor and the Proletariat"?
(a) Punch and Judy.
(b) Felix the Cat.
(c) Rocky and Bullwinkle.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
4. What does the writing of the author under discussion in "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat" most typically explore?
(a) Mystery in what is typical.
5. What pop-culture icon is Garbo contrasted to in "The Face of Garbo"?
(a) Coco Chanel.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer does Barthes discuss the work of in "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat"?
2. "Which phrase concludes "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat"?
3. What is Garbo's makeup compared to in "The Face of Garbo"?
4. According to the author, French toys always mean what?
5. In "The Nautilus and the Drunken Boat," what are Nautilus and Drunken Boat to one another?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)