|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding Stepan Bodovskov's finding of the narrator's trunk, Frank Wirtanen says he had a trunkful of . . .
(c) The worst writing ever to come out of Germany.
(d) Instant career.
2. What does George Kraft do when he realized the narrator was on to his scheme?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Takes Resi hostage.
(c) Calls the narrator a liar.
(d) Reaches for his pistol.
3. Which of the following is NOT a place the narrator met with the Blue Fairy Godmother?
(a) On a park bench in the Tiergarten in Berlin.
(b) In a dining hall in Wiesbaden.
(c) In his New York apartment.
(d) A vacant shop across the street from Lionel Jones' house.
4. For what "crime" was Stepan Bodovskov arrested, tried, and shot?
5. In one of her final statements, Resi says of the narrator, "There is nothing left of him but __________ and a pair of eyes."
(a) His mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones' chauffeur says always works even though most other things do not?
2. After his conversation with Eichmann, what does the narrator decide is not such a good defense after all?
3. What is "Dat Old Golden Rule"?
4. After the raid and being released from arrest, with whom does the narrator have a conversation as he is entering his building?
5. According to Wirtanen, who are the only three people who knew the truth about the narrator's radio broadcasts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the schoolteacher's wife's behavior in the bomb shelter. How does her husband respond?
2. Describe the appearance of the Iron Guardsmen.
3. How does Resi Noth die and what is the reason?
4. Describe the narrator's encounter with Adolf Eichmann in the Tel Aviv jail.
5. What does the narrator suggests happened to George Kraft's pipe?
6. What is Resi's explanation for tricking the narrator into thinking she is her dead sister?
7. Describe the scene at Jones' house after the narrator returns from his meeting with the Blue Fairy Godmother.
8. What is the plot of "The Goblet"?
9. Describe the encounter at the mailboxes with the unnamed man with the shopping bag.
10. Describe the planned escape to Mexico. Who was involved and how?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)