|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Kraft do when he realized the narrator was on to his scheme?
(a) Reaches for his pistol.
(b) Takes Resi hostage.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Calls the narrator a liar.
2. Which directive does NOT appear on the sign that the Black Fuehrer of Harlem posts at the Iron Guard meeting?
(a) Keep your opinions to yourself.
(b) Serve your country.
(c) Get plenty of education.
(d) Keep your body clean and strong.
3. What causes the Holy Grail to disappear in the narrator's play?
(a) The maiden and the knight have impure thoughts.
(b) The black knight steals it.
(c) The maiden secretly hides it in the Ark of the Covenant.
(d) Christ appears to the maiden and claims it as his rightful possession.
4. During the raid, Lionel Jones denounces several groups of people. The G-man declares he is a member of one of the groups. Which one?
5. From whom does the narrator receive a note during the Iron Guard meeting and what does it say?
(a) From Helga, saying she really is alive and that she can never forgive her sister for betraying her.
(b) From the man who beat him up at the mailboxes, who says he plans to finish the job after the meeting.
(c) From the Blue Fairy Godmother saying that the narrator's life is in danger.
(d) From his attorney, who says the court will be lenient if he turns himself in now and pleads guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lionel Jones' chauffeur's nickname?
2. What are Resi, Father Keeley, and the Black Fuehrer doing when the narrator returns from his meeting with Frank Wirtanen?
3. As the narrator recovers in Lionel Jones' basement, what does Resi tell the narrator Jones has arranged?
4. What is the book, Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova, about?
5. What does Jones' chauffeur says always works even though most other things do not?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at Jones' house after the narrator returns from his meeting with the Blue Fairy Godmother.
2. Why does the narrator say he "froze" after he is released after the raid?
3. Describe the schoolteacher's wife's behavior in the bomb shelter. How does her husband respond?
4. Describe what Stepan Bodovskov does with the narrator's writings. What is the result?
5. What is the plot of "The Goblet"?
6. Where does Helga say she found the collection of the narrator's works? What is the significance of this place?
7. What inspires August Krapptauer to start a youth movement and what is its key aim?
8. When the narrator returns to his ransacked attic home, what does it remind him of?
9. What is the Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova and why did the narrator not want it to be published?
10. What does Frank Wirtanen say will happen to Jones, Keeley, the Black Fuehrer, and the Iron Guardsmen after the raid?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)