|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What snide remark does Resi make as she watches drum majorettes pass by in a parade?
(a) That half of the girls will end up pregnant before they graduate.
(b) That Americans must find war a very sexy thing.
(c) That being able to do high kicks and twirl batons will help the girls be successful in life.
(d) That it's not as good as being a cheerleader.
2. What does George Kraft think new surroundings and new identities would inspire him and the narrator to do?
(a) Find a wreck of a boat and restore it, then sail around the world.
(b) Open a bar near a beach.
(c) Find beautiful women to marry and finally start families.
(d) Be creative: the narrator to write again and Kraft to paint better.
3. The office where the narrator is held after he is arrested at Jones' place is located in what famous building?
(a) The Sears Tower.
(b) The World Trade Center.
(c) The Chrysler Building.
(d) The Empire State Building.
4. What is unusual about Father Keeley's prayer at the Iron Guard meeting?
(a) It sounds as if Keeley is "speaking in tongues."
(b) It is offered to Satan.
(c) At the end of each sentence in the prayer, the Black Fuehrer beats a drum.
(d) It is a Jewish Seder prayer.
5. Regarding Stepan Bodovskov's finding of the narrator's trunk, Frank Wirtanen says he had a trunkful of . . .
(b) The worst writing ever to come out of Germany.
(c) Instant career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wirtanen think the Russians would do to get the narrator to cooperate?
2. What does Wirtanen tell the narrator that George Kraft had planned to do to him?
3. What are Resi, Father Keeley, and the Black Fuehrer doing when the narrator returns from his meeting with Frank Wirtanen?
4. Which of the following is NOT a place the narrator met with the Blue Fairy Godmother?
5. The narrator compares the way "big Nazis" dance to what fictional character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plot of "The Goblet"?
2. Describe the narrator's surroundings when he regains consciousness after being beaten.
3. How does Resi Noth die and what is the reason?
4. Why does the narrator say he "froze" after he is released after the raid?
5. According to Frank Wirtanen, why do the Russians want to get their hands on the narrator?
6. Describe the encounter at the mailboxes with the unnamed man with the shopping bag.
7. What is the Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova and why did the narrator not want it to be published?
8. Describe what happened to the narrator after being beaten and knocked unconscious.
9. Describe the appearance of the Iron Guardsmen.
10. Describe the offensive drawing that Kraft uses for target practice. Why does the narrator say he drew the "ludicrous" cartoon, and what does he himself think about it?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)