|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of a play about a young maiden and a knight who guard the Holy Grail?
(a) The Goblet.
(b) Sir Gowan.
(c) Grail Quest.
(d) Charley's Aunt.
2. What characteristics do all the guardsmen at Krapptauer's memorial have in common?
(a) They are all blond and over six feet tall.
(b) They are all wearing sweatshirts from Ivy League schools.
(c) They are all senior citizens.
(d) They are all left-handed.
3. What was in the shopping bag of the man who beat up the narrator?
(a) A gun.
(b) Copies of the Minuteman.
(d) A noose.
4. How long is the narrator kept under arrest after the raid?
(a) Less than an hour.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three days.
5. What does the patrolman say has the potential to end crime, war, divorce, child abuse, and several other social ills?
(a) Extraterrestrial beings.
6. During the raid, Lionel Jones denounces several groups of people. The G-man declares he is a member of one of the groups. Which one?
7. What are Resi, Father Keeley, and the Black Fuehrer doing when the narrator returns from his meeting with Frank Wirtanen?
(a) Preparing for their trip to Mexico.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Organizing a search party.
(d) Talking to the police.
8. What does Jones' chauffeur says always works even though most other things do not?
(a) Timex watches.
(b) A black man.
9. To the narrator, the imaginary lines of international borders are as unreal as . . .
(a) Elvis and the Beatles.
(b) Elves and pixies.
(c) Sasquatch and Yeti.
(d) UFOs and space aliens.
10. What is in the capsule that Resi put in her mouth?
(c) A 2-karat diamond.
(d) A microchip.
11. What does the schoolteacher in the bomb shelter do to silence his hysterical wife?
(a) Knocks her out.
(b) Gets her to drink some vodka.
(c) Sings to her.
(d) Puts his socks on his hands and puts on a puppet show.
12. What is the main reason the Iron Guard boys have their mothers alter their suits instead of going to a tailor?
(a) The group has a strong "do-it-yourself" ethic.
(b) Most tailors (according to Jones) are Jews.
(c) It is the only way women are allowed to participate in the group.
(d) The families cannot afford tailors.
13. What was Lionel Jones' chauffeur's nickname?
(a) The Tojo of Soho.
(b) The Bed-Stuy Mussolini.
(c) The Black Fuehrer of Harlem.
(d) The Hitler of Hackensack.
14. According to the narrator, what is the only part of a pig that is not used at the Chicago Stockyards?
(a) The hooves.
(b) The squeal.
(c) The brain.
(d) The tail.
15. Where does Helga claim she located the trunk filled with many of the narrator's things?
(a) In a secret closet in their old apartment that the new tenants had not discovered.
(b) From a drop site in a park where a note from the Blue Fairy Godmother said it would be.
(c) At the Berlin theatre where she and the narrator had worked.
(d) In the bombed-out ruins of her father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. If someone wished to purchase a copy of Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova with color illustrations, how much extra would it cost?
2. When the narrator is recovering from the beating, where does George Kraft speculate that he, Resi, and the narrator would go?
3. What becomes of the rope that was given to the narrator?
4. What special ceremony is planned at the weekly meeting of the Iron Guard of the White Sons of the Constitution?
5. How does the narrator regard the old trunk?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)