|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was George Kraft using as target practice in Jones' cellar?
(a) Beer bottles.
(b) A racist caricature of a Jewish man.
(c) The black beetles that crawled on the floor and walls.
(d) A portrait of President Kennedy.
2. What does the schoolteacher in the bomb shelter do to silence his hysterical wife?
(a) Gets her to drink some vodka.
(b) Sings to her.
(c) Knocks her out.
(d) Puts his socks on his hands and puts on a puppet show.
3. What was unique about Arndt Klopfer's photography?
(a) Everyone appears to have a halo.
(b) The photos appear to have a 3-D effect in certain light.
(c) Everyone looks 10-15 years younger.
(d) He is the only German photographer at the time to use color film.
4. What was the subject of a note Eichmann sends to the narrator when they are both in jail?
(a) Whether having a literary agent is necessary.
(b) If the narrator thinks he's a bad person.
(c) Whether the narrator has any stock in the company that made Cyklon-B.
(d) If saying he's sorry will cause the jury to go easy on him.
5. What are Resi, Father Keeley, and the Black Fuehrer doing when the narrator returns from his meeting with Frank Wirtanen?
(a) Organizing a search party.
(b) Talking to the police.
(c) Preparing for their trip to Mexico.
(d) Playing cards.
6. What was in the shopping bag of the man who beat up the narrator?
(a) A gun.
(c) A noose.
(d) Copies of the Minuteman.
7. After the narrator is released from arrest after the raid, what does he say he no longer has that kept him moving through "so many dead and pointless years"?
8. What had been the garbage man's profession before coming to America?
(c) He had always been a garbage man.
9. After his conversation with Eichmann, what does the narrator decide is not such a good defense after all?
(a) He had been completely brainwashed by the German government.
(b) He was just a soldier following orders.
(c) All is fair in love and war.
(d) He didn't know people were actually dying as a result of his work.
10. What does Lionel Jones claim his organization is doing that the G-man is not?
(a) Obeying the Constitution.
(b) Serving God.
(c) Protecting the Republic.
(d) Living in peace and harmony with everyone.
11. How does the narrator describe the sound of the bombs dropping as he and Helga are sitting in the bomb shelter?
(a) Like a racecar engine revving.
(b) Like they are dropping a set of 500 lb. weights.
(c) Like they are jumping off a diving board.
(d) Like they are walking.
12. What do the narrator and Resi find drawn in blue ink on his mailbox namecard?
(a) The symbol of a local street gang marking its turf.
(b) A crude drawing of a man smoking a cigar.
(c) A swastika.
(d) A Star of David.
13. What "gift" does Frank Wirtanen say that the narrator and George Kraft have in common?
(a) They can live in any country anywhere and it would not matter because one place is as good as another.
(b) The things they did during the war don't bother them now.
(c) They can be many things at once and all sincerely.
(d) They are creative.
14. What does George Kraft think new surroundings and new identities would inspire him and the narrator to do?
(a) Open a bar near a beach.
(b) Find beautiful women to marry and finally start families.
(c) Be creative: the narrator to write again and Kraft to paint better.
(d) Find a wreck of a boat and restore it, then sail around the world.
15. Which of the following is NOT a place the narrator met with the Blue Fairy Godmother?
(a) In his New York apartment.
(b) On a park bench in the Tiergarten in Berlin.
(c) A vacant shop across the street from Lionel Jones' house.
(d) In a dining hall in Wiesbaden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the capsule that Resi put in her mouth?
2. If someone wished to purchase a copy of Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova with color illustrations, how much extra would it cost?
3. Why does the narrator think his drawing is so popular?
4. What is the Blue Fairy Godmother's response to the narrator's concerns that his parents knew he was broadcasting Nazi propaganda?
5. The narrator tells Helga he wants to get a bed like their old one that . . .
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)