|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description does NOT apply to Lionel Jones?
(a) Failed dental student.
(c) Owner of a fake divinity school.
(d) Radio talk show host.
2. Why was Lionel Jones kicked out of dental school?
(a) Because of scholastic failure and weapons found under his mattress.
(b) On suspicion that he deliberately over-anesthetized a Jewish patient, causing her severe brain damage.
(c) Because he used a racial slur against the dean.
(d) Because he plagiarized his dissertation.
3. Arpad Kovacs despises Jews who did not do what?
(a) Escape from Europe when they had the chance.
(b) Help settle the new nation of Israel.
(c) Fight back.
(d) Convert to Christianity.
4. What is the reason the magazine article states that the slave laborers hanged Werner Noth?
(a) For the satisfaction of hanging someone important.
(b) Because of the severe beating he gave the woman who dropped a vase.
(c) As just desserts for all the hangings he had ordered as chief of police.
(d) Because the Russians ordered them to do it.
5. How did the narrator lose Helga?
(a) Russian troops seized the area where she was entertaining the troops and she is presumed dead.
(b) She left him for another man.
(c) She was accused of spying for the Americans and was sent to a prison camp.
(d) She died giving birth to their first child.
6. Where does Helga get the money to be able to reunite with the narrator?
(a) Donations from the narrator's supporters.
(b) Lottery winnings.
(c) A life insurance settlement from her deceased parents.
(d) A bounty hunter looking for the narrator.
7. With what American expression is the narrator not familiar when he first meets Frank Wirtanen?
(a) None of your beeswax.
(b) Zip it.
(c) What's up, doc?
(d) Takes one to know one.
8. What fact does the narrator never reveal to his wife?
(a) That he was born in the United States.
(b) That he was a spy.
(c) That he was part Jewish.
(d) That he had cheated on her.
9. What is George Kraft's real name?
(a) Milton Pillsbury.
(b) Sebastian Cabot.
(c) Iona Potapov.
(d) Nicholas Sargento.
10. What is the White Christian Minuteman?
(a) The name of a marble statue in front of a historic church.
(b) A member of a group of private citizens who patrol the U.S.'s southern border.
(c) An anti-Semitic, anti-Negro, anti-Catholic publication.
(d) The name of an old Boston tavern.
11. What unique symbol is on Campbell's typewriter given to him in the Jerusalem prison?
(a) A swastika.
(b) Twin lightning strokes that symbolized the Nazi S.S.
(c) The yin and yang symbol.
(d) A Star of David.
12. Who is the "Blue Fairy Godmother"?
(a) Major Frank Wirtanen.
(b) Abraham Epstein's mother.
(c) Rudolph Hoess.
(d) Helga Noth.
13. Friedmann is the director of what?
(a) The Nazi S.S.
(b) The Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
(c) The Yad Vashem Museum in Jerusalem.
(d) The prison where Campbell is incarcerated.
14. What is NOT one of the ways Helga made a living when she was separated from the narrator?
(a) Working on a labor gang in the Ukraine.
(b) Working as an interpreter and file clerk in Siberian POW camp.
(c) Working in a cigarette factory in Dresden.
(d) Working as an actress in Berlin.
15. What is the ironic flaw in the design on the hilt of the narrator's dagger?
(a) The silversmith put a peace symbol where a swastika is supposed to be.
(b) The eagle looks more like a turkey.
(c) The stars are in a pattern similar to that of a Confederate battle flag.
(d) The stars are six pointed, like the Star of David, not five pointed American stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Rudolph Franz Hoess?
2. What does Helga say is the reason she did not get in touch with the narrator when she learned of his whereabouts?
3. To what does the narrator compare Resi's dog?
4. What is the surprise that Rev. Jones and his entourage present to the narrator?
5. What prized possession does Werner Noth fear a slave woman will destroy due to carelessness?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)