|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general public response after newspapers begin to publish articles about Howard Campbell?
(a) Nobody cares anymore because the war happened so long ago.
(b) Fear that the situation could strain relations with other countries.
(c) Support because Campbell followed his convictions, even though they were unpopular.
(d) Anger, outrage, and calls for swift justice.
2. Where does Helga get the money to be able to reunite with the narrator?
(a) Donations from the narrator's supporters.
(b) A bounty hunter looking for the narrator.
(c) A life insurance settlement from her deceased parents.
(d) Lottery winnings.
3. What are Resi, Father Keeley, and the Black Fuehrer doing when the narrator returns from his meeting with Frank Wirtanen?
(a) Preparing for their trip to Mexico.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Talking to the police.
(d) Organizing a search party.
4. What is NOT one of the ways Helga made a living when she was separated from the narrator?
(a) Working as an interpreter and file clerk in Siberian POW camp.
(b) Working as an actress in Berlin.
(c) Working in a cigarette factory in Dresden.
(d) Working on a labor gang in the Ukraine.
5. Where was the narrator born?
(a) Schenectady, New York.
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator and his mother begin to avoid each other?
2. Why does the narrator say Heinz's wife was hard to know?
3. What grim task does Werner Noth ask the narrator to do?
4. Andor Gutman explains that "Sonderkommando" means "special detail." What horrific "special detail" did Andor Gutman say members of the Sonderkommando had to perform?
5. What unique symbol is on Campbell's typewriter given to him in the Jerusalem prison?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)