|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator first see the woman he thinks is Helga when they are reunited?
(a) On a train platform.
(b) In her hospital room.
(c) At the bottom of the stairwell in his building.
(d) Across the room at a party.
2. From whom does the narrator receive a note during the Iron Guard meeting and what does it say?
(a) From the Blue Fairy Godmother saying that the narrator's life is in danger.
(b) From his attorney, who says the court will be lenient if he turns himself in now and pleads guilty.
(c) From Helga, saying she really is alive and that she can never forgive her sister for betraying her.
(d) From the man who beat him up at the mailboxes, who says he plans to finish the job after the meeting.
3. What are Resi, Father Keeley, and the Black Fuehrer doing when the narrator returns from his meeting with Frank Wirtanen?
(a) Preparing for their trip to Mexico.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Organizing a search party.
(d) Talking to the police.
4. Arpad Kovacs says he joined the Nazi S.S. The S.S. is famous for being what?
(a) The only branch of the Nazi party that allowed Jews in its ranks.
(b) A spy organization.
(c) The most fanatical wing of Nazism.
(d) The group that cooperated with Allied forces to kill Hitler.
5. For what "crime" was Stepan Bodovskov arrested, tried, and shot?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which chess piece does the narrator accidentally keep as a memento?
2. The narrator claims he didn't really steal his friend's motorcycle, but . . .
3. Who was Private Irving Buchanon?
4. Why does the narrator say Heinz's wife was hard to know?
5. What is NOT one of the ways Helga made a living when she was separated from the narrator?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)