|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason the magazine article states that the slave laborers hanged Werner Noth?
(a) Because of the severe beating he gave the woman who dropped a vase.
(b) Because the Russians ordered them to do it.
(c) As just desserts for all the hangings he had ordered as chief of police.
(d) For the satisfaction of hanging someone important.
2. How many brothers and sisters does the narrator have?
(a) One brother and two sisters.
(c) No brothers and seven older sisters.
(d) One twin brother who died as an infant.
3. Why does the narrator think his drawing is so popular?
(a) It is so strikingly realistic.
(b) It looks like something drawn on the wall of a public lavatory.
(c) It made people laugh at themselves and their own imperfections.
(d) It resembles a drawing by Leonardo da Vinci.
4. To what does the narrator compare himself and other cigarette smokers?
(a) Babies with pacifiers.
(b) Pre-cancerous growths.
(c) Lightning bugs.
(d) Walking chimneys.
5. After the war, how many years did the narrator live in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What snide remark does Resi make as she watches drum majorettes pass by in a parade?
2. What does George Kraft think new surroundings and new identities would inspire him and the narrator to do?
3. Who informed the Minuteman of the narrator's whereabouts?
4. What fact does the narrator never reveal to his wife?
5. The narrator claims he didn't really steal his friend's motorcycle, but . . .
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)