|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason the magazine article states that the slave laborers hanged Werner Noth?
(a) For the satisfaction of hanging someone important.
(b) Because the Russians ordered them to do it.
(c) Because of the severe beating he gave the woman who dropped a vase.
(d) As just desserts for all the hangings he had ordered as chief of police.
2. Bernard Mengel, who guards the narrator at night, tells the narrator he does what in his sleep?
(b) Says the names of two women and talks about a city.
(d) Snores and grinds his teeth.
3. What grim task does Werner Noth ask the narrator to do?
(a) Shoot Resi's dog.
(b) Help him compose an eloquent suicide note.
(c) Burn the carcass of his favorite horse before slave laborers begin to feast upon it.
(d) Give him a ride to Berlin so he can attend his best friend's funeral.
4. What does Helga say is the reason she did not get in touch with the narrator when she learned of his whereabouts?
(a) She did not have enough money to send a telegram or even buy a stamp for a letter.
(b) She had hoped the narrator had built a new life.
(c) She had taken another lover by then and did not want to hurt him.
(d) Her sister had lied to her and said that he wouldn't be interested in seeing her.
5. Who informed the Minuteman of the narrator's whereabouts?
(a) Lionel Jones.
(b) Resi Noth.
(c) Bernard O'Hare.
(d) George Kraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which directive does NOT appear on the sign that the Black Fuehrer of Harlem posts at the Iron Guard meeting?
2. Where was the narrator NOT taken after his beating?
3. What does Heinz Schildknecht love above all else?
4. In a note, what does the garbage collector, Lazlo Szombathy, claim he knew how to do?
5. When they are reunited, what does Helga say she will do if the narrator has no room for her in his life?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)