|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been the garbage man's profession before coming to America?
(a) He had always been a garbage man.
2. What is the general public response after newspapers begin to publish articles about Howard Campbell?
(a) Support because Campbell followed his convictions, even though they were unpopular.
(b) Anger, outrage, and calls for swift justice.
(c) Nobody cares anymore because the war happened so long ago.
(d) Fear that the situation could strain relations with other countries.
3. Who informed the Minuteman of the narrator's whereabouts?
(a) Lionel Jones.
(b) George Kraft.
(c) Bernard O'Hare.
(d) Resi Noth.
4. What famous speech does Goebbels, Head of the German Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda, find particularly impressive?
(a) His own "Do you want total war?" speech.
(b) Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech.
(c) Christ's Sermon on the Mount.
(d) Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.
5. What surprising revelation does Helga give the narrator after their first night back together?
(a) She has come to serve him with divorce papers.
(b) She is there to spy on him.
(c) She is not Helga at all; she is actually Resi.
(d) Their seventeen-year-old son is waiting in a nearby coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Comparing himself to Lionel Jones, the narrator insists that he is neither __________ nor __________.
2. How does the narrator get money to live on while hiding in New York?
3. What do the narrator and Resi find drawn in blue ink on his mailbox namecard?
4. Where does Helga get the money to be able to reunite with the narrator?
5. Which description does NOT apply to Lionel Jones?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)