|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous speech does Goebbels, Head of the German Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda, find particularly impressive?
(a) Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.
(b) Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech.
(c) His own "Do you want total war?" speech.
(d) Christ's Sermon on the Mount.
2. What does Helga say is the reason she did not get in touch with the narrator when she learned of his whereabouts?
(a) She did not have enough money to send a telegram or even buy a stamp for a letter.
(b) Her sister had lied to her and said that he wouldn't be interested in seeing her.
(c) She had hoped the narrator had built a new life.
(d) She had taken another lover by then and did not want to hurt him.
3. Why was Lionel Jones kicked out of dental school?
(a) Because he used a racial slur against the dean.
(b) Because he plagiarized his dissertation.
(c) On suspicion that he deliberately over-anesthetized a Jewish patient, causing her severe brain damage.
(d) Because of scholastic failure and weapons found under his mattress.
4. What was in the shopping bag of the man who beat up the narrator?
(a) Copies of the Minuteman.
(b) A gun.
(c) A noose.
5. Who was Rudolph Franz Hoess?
(a) The Nazi Minister of Propaganda.
(b) The Commandant of Auschwitz.
(c) Howard Campbell's defense attorney.
(d) The director of the Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters "W.H.U.B." stand for?
2. What is the "Last Full Measure" to which the narrator refers?
3. What does Wirtanen tell the narrator that George Kraft had planned to do to him?
4. What interesting fact does Frank Wirtanen tell the narrator about the people who fed him information for the radio broadcasts?
5. How did the narrator say he ended up in Germany?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)