|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Wirtanen, who are the only three people who knew the truth about the narrator's radio broadcasts?
(a) Howard Campbell and his parents.
(b) Frank Wirtanen, General Donovan, and Franklin Delano "Rosenfeld."
(c) Helga, Resi, and Heinz.
(d) Lionel Jones, George Kraft, and Father Keeley.
2. What is Helga's present to the narrator when they are reunited?
(a) The silver-hilted dagger that he had designed himself.
(b) His collected works of poems, stories, plays, letters, and one unpublished book.
(c) Her father's blue vase.
(d) A motorcycle just like the one he borrowed from Heinz.
3. What grim task does Werner Noth ask the narrator to do?
(a) Help him compose an eloquent suicide note.
(b) Burn the carcass of his favorite horse before slave laborers begin to feast upon it.
(c) Shoot Resi's dog.
(d) Give him a ride to Berlin so he can attend his best friend's funeral.
4. Which description best fits the narrator's New York home?
(a) A rat-infested attic apartment in Greenwich Village.
(b) A brownstone in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn.
(c) A detached house in a working-class neighborhood in Queens.
(d) An upscale Manhattan condo.
5. What fact does the narrator never reveal to his wife?
(a) That he was part Jewish.
(b) That he had cheated on her.
(c) That he was born in the United States.
(d) That he was a spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one detail of Resi's post-war life that is true?
2. Which of the following is NOT a place the narrator met with the Blue Fairy Godmother?
3. What is the White Christian Minuteman?
4. What made Goebbels think that Abraham Lincoln might be Jewish?
5. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)