|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator mean when he says, "alles kaput"?
(a) His gun misfires and he knows it will never work again.
(b) When he is arrested and knows he will be turned over to Israeli agents.
(c) His reaction when he returns to his home to find it completely ransacked.
(d) Wirtanen's revelation has wiped away his illusions of a friend, a mistress, and a dream.
2. What is the topic of Resi's speech at the Iron Guard meeting?
(a) How the narrator's writings inspired her.
(b) The importance of holding out for true love.
(c) The sacrifices her sister and parents made for the cause they believed in.
(d) Her first-hand experiences with communism.
3. If someone wished to purchase a copy of Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova with color illustrations, how much extra would it cost?
(a) Five pounds Sterling.
(b) Forty dollars.
(c) Forty rubles.
(d) Seventy-five Deutschmarks.
4. What was in the shopping bag of the man who beat up the narrator?
(a) A gun.
(b) A noose.
(d) Copies of the Minuteman.
5. What did the narrator's father insist was not for children, but the narrator looked at anyway?
(a) A stack of pornographic magazines in his father's garage.
(b) A print of Picasso's Guernica.
(c) His mother's obstetrics book from nursing school.
(d) A picture history of the First World War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andor Gutman explains that "Sonderkommando" means "special detail." What horrific "special detail" did Andor Gutman say members of the Sonderkommando had to perform?
2. What is the surprise that Rev. Jones and his entourage present to the narrator?
3. Which of the following is NOT a revelation that Mr. Noth, Helga's father, reveals to the narrator:
4. Who was Rudolph Franz Hoess?
5. What is the city in which Campbell, Jr. sits in jail waiting for his trial to begin?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)