|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did the narrator and Heinz Schildknecht play together?
2. The Blue Fairy Godmother tells the narrator that to do his job right, he will have to:
(a) Earn the trust of the leader of a white supremacist group.
(b) Commit high treason.
(c) Kill his best friend.
(d) Convince everyone he is Jewish.
3. What famous speech does Goebbels, Head of the German Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda, find particularly impressive?
(a) His own "Do you want total war?" speech.
(b) Christ's Sermon on the Mount.
(c) Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech.
(d) Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.
4. What is one detail of Resi's post-war life that is true?
(a) She worked various odd jobs on her way back to Berlin.
(b) She was briefly married to Heinz Schildknecht in hopes that he could put her in touch with the narrator.
(c) She worked in a cigarette factory.
(d) She was an interpreter in a Siberian prison camp.
5. In what year does Howard Campbell write his story?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, how many years did the narrator live in New York?
2. The narrator tells Epstein's mother that "auf wiedersehen" means "goodbye" in German, but she corrects him by telling him it more precisely means:
3. The narrator tells Helga he wants to get a bed like their old one that . . .
4. Who was Rudolph Franz Hoess?
5. When they are reunited, what does Helga say she will do if the narrator has no room for her in his life?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)