|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the White Christian Minuteman?
(a) An anti-Semitic, anti-Negro, anti-Catholic publication.
(b) A member of a group of private citizens who patrol the U.S.'s southern border.
(c) The name of an old Boston tavern.
(d) The name of a marble statue in front of a historic church.
2. Where does Helga get the money to be able to reunite with the narrator?
(a) Donations from the narrator's supporters.
(b) Lottery winnings.
(c) A bounty hunter looking for the narrator.
(d) A life insurance settlement from her deceased parents.
3. What is one detail of Resi's post-war life that is true?
(a) She worked in a cigarette factory.
(b) She was briefly married to Heinz Schildknecht in hopes that he could put her in touch with the narrator.
(c) She worked various odd jobs on her way back to Berlin.
(d) She was an interpreter in a Siberian prison camp.
4. The narrator claims he didn't really steal his friend's motorcycle, but . . .
(a) Pretended to steal it so his friend could collect the insurance money.
(b) Borrowed it for all eternity.
(c) Accidentally backed over it with his car and dumped the motorcycle in the lake to hide the evidence.
(d) Paid for it by leaving money in his friend's boot while he was sleeping.
5. According to the narrator, what was the only thing about Helga that had changed since he last saw her?
(a) Her hair had become snowy white.
(b) She had gained a lot of weight.
(c) She suffered from dementia and did not know who he was.
(d) She was blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What childish phrase does the Blue Fairy Godmother tell the narrator that he should not expect to hear for himself?
2. What did the narrator receive in the mail after his address was published in the Minuteman?
3. To the narrator, the imaginary lines of international borders are as unreal as . . .
4. Bernard Mengel tells the narrator that he (the narrator) is the only man he has heard of who . . .
5. Why does the narrator think his drawing is so popular?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)