|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been the garbage man's profession before coming to America?
(d) He had always been a garbage man.
2. Where does the narrator say he met Rudolf Hoess?
(a) In the prison exercise yard.
(b) At a New Year's Eve party.
(c) In a bar in Berlin.
(d) On a train to Warsaw.
3. How did the narrator lose Helga?
(a) She was accused of spying for the Americans and was sent to a prison camp.
(b) She left him for another man.
(c) She died giving birth to their first child.
(d) Russian troops seized the area where she was entertaining the troops and she is presumed dead.
4. The narrator tells Helga he wants to get a bed like their old one that . . .
(a) Was stuffed with goose down.
(b) Had a headboard like an Italian sunset.
(c) Could fold up into the wall.
(d) Provided really good back support.
5. To the narrator, the imaginary lines of international borders are as unreal as . . .
(a) UFOs and space aliens.
(b) Sasquatch and Yeti.
(c) Elvis and the Beatles.
(d) Elves and pixies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones' chauffeur says always works even though most other things do not?
2. What is one detail of Resi's post-war life that is true?
3. What secret does Resi reveal to the narrator before he leaves for the front lines?
4. Andor Gutman explains that "Sonderkommando" means "special detail." What horrific "special detail" did Andor Gutman say members of the Sonderkommando had to perform?
5. What is the war crime that Howard Campbell stands accused of?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)