|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arpad Kovacs despises Jews who did not do what?
(a) Fight back.
(b) Convert to Christianity.
(c) Escape from Europe when they had the chance.
(d) Help settle the new nation of Israel.
2. What is Helga's present to the narrator when they are reunited?
(a) A motorcycle just like the one he borrowed from Heinz.
(b) His collected works of poems, stories, plays, letters, and one unpublished book.
(c) Her father's blue vase.
(d) The silver-hilted dagger that he had designed himself.
3. Where does the narrator say he met Rudolf Hoess?
(a) At a New Year's Eve party.
(b) On a train to Warsaw.
(c) In a bar in Berlin.
(d) In the prison exercise yard.
4. How are Resi and Helga related?
(a) They are mother and daughter.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are not related; Resi uses Helga's family name to trick the narrator.
(d) They are brother and sister.
5. What fact does the narrator never reveal to his wife?
(a) That he was part Jewish.
(b) That he was born in the United States.
(c) That he was a spy.
(d) That he had cheated on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heinz Schildknecht love above all else?
2. Arpad Kovacs says he joined the Nazi S.S. The S.S. is famous for being what?
3. What is the reason the magazine article states that the slave laborers hanged Werner Noth?
4. What is NOT one of the ways Helga made a living when she was separated from the narrator?
5. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)