|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Resi's dog and Mrs. Noth have "fat" bellies?
(a) They had stuffed themselves with all the food in the house before invading armies could steal it.
(b) They are both pregnant.
(c) They are both wearing heavy sweaters with lots of padding to stay warm.
(d) They both suffer from a condition known as "dropsy" as a result of malnutrition.
2. How does Mr. Noth die?
(a) In a death camp.
(b) Murdered by the assistant chief of police who wanted his job.
(c) Burned to death when his house is bombed.
(d) Hanged by slave laborers.
3. What is the "Last Full Measure" to which the narrator refers?
(a) The last train full of Jewish prisoners to arrive at Auschwitz.
(b) The last time the crematories at Auschwitz were emptied of bodies before Allied forces freed the camp.
(c) The working title of a play commemorating the German soldiers who died putting down the Jewish uprising in the Warsaw Ghetto.
(d) A musical measure in an opera written in honor of Paul Joseph Goebbels.
4. How did the narrator say he ended up in Germany?
(a) His German wife missed her family and was homesick.
(b) His father was transferred there because of work.
(c) He was working as a war correspondent for the New York Times.
(d) He went there on a college work-study program.
5. When the narrator does not want to discuss politics when they are alone in his apartment, what does he ask Helga to ask him about instead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator receive in the mail after his address was published in the Minuteman?
2. Besides the United States, Jones says his Minuteman publication has a small circulation in what country?
3. What was the subject of a note Eichmann sends to the narrator when they are both in jail?
4. What is the book, Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova, about?
5. What snide remark does Resi make as she watches drum majorettes pass by in a parade?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)