|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George Kraft frantically searching for when he returns to the narrator's apartment?
(a) His bottle of whiskey.
(b) His corncob pipe.
(c) The phone number of someone who wants to buy his paintings.
(d) A diamond engagement ring.
2. What does Arpad Kovacs call people who did nothing to save their own lives or anyone else's lives?
(a) Rotten apples.
3. What secret does Resi reveal to the narrator before he leaves for the front lines?
(a) That she is in love with him.
(b) That Helga had left the narrator for another man.
(c) That she is pregnant with his baby.
(d) That she knows that Helga is still alive.
4. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
(a) Prisoners return to work.
(b) A train filled with prisoners is arriving.
(c) Corpse-carriers to the guardhouse.
(d) Take cover because the camp was going to be bombed.
5. What does the narrator notice about Lionel Jones' hand?
(a) It is missing two fingers.
(b) It glitters with rings like the hand of a prince.
(c) It is soft and smooth as if Jones had never done any honest labor in his entire life.
(d) He always wears a glove on one, but not the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did the narrator and Heinz Schildknecht play together?
2. What is the city in which Campbell, Jr. sits in jail waiting for his trial to begin?
3. What becomes of the rope that was given to the narrator?
4. What fact does the narrator never reveal to his wife?
5. Which description does NOT apply to Lionel Jones?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)