|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the war crime that Howard Campbell stands accused of?
(a) Mistreating Allied POWs at a prison camp.
(b) Spying on America.
(c) Promoting Nazi propaganda.
(d) Delivering orders of Cyklon-B to the death camps.
2. What made Lionel Jones a wealthy man?
(a) Sales of his newspaper.
(b) The life insurance and estates from his dead wives.
(c) The success of two products he invented.
(d) His chain of funeral homes.
3. Arpad Kovacs was personally congratulated by __________, whom he would have killed had he known how important he was.
(a) Adolph Eichmann.
(b) General George S. Patton.
(c) Adolph Hitler.
(d) Winston Churchill.
4. What is George Kraft's real name?
(a) Milton Pillsbury.
(b) Sebastian Cabot.
(c) Nicholas Sargento.
(d) Iona Potapov.
5. What does Helga say is the reason she did not get in touch with the narrator when she learned of his whereabouts?
(a) Her sister had lied to her and said that he wouldn't be interested in seeing her.
(b) She did not have enough money to send a telegram or even buy a stamp for a letter.
(c) She had hoped the narrator had built a new life.
(d) She had taken another lover by then and did not want to hurt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact does the narrator never reveal to his wife?
2. Which description best fits the narrator's New York home?
3. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
4. Where does Helga get the money to be able to reunite with the narrator?
5. What does Heinz Schildknecht love above all else?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)