|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompted the sudden death of August Krapptauer?
(a) Stepping in front of Jones' limousine.
(b) Swallowing a capsule of cyanide.
(c) Carrying luggage up several flights of stairs and apparently suffering a heart attack.
(d) Falling off a balcony.
2. What prized possession does Werner Noth fear a slave woman will destroy due to carelessness?
(a) A Rembrandt painting.
(b) A blue vase.
(c) A Gutenberg Bible.
(d) A grandfather clock.
3. After the war, how many years did the narrator live in New York?
4. Which country did Robert, the limousine driver, support during the war?
5. What is the White Christian Minuteman?
(a) An anti-Semitic, anti-Negro, anti-Catholic publication.
(b) A member of a group of private citizens who patrol the U.S.'s southern border.
(c) The name of an old Boston tavern.
(d) The name of a marble statue in front of a historic church.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator is a native of which country?
2. Andor Gutman explains that "Sonderkommando" means "special detail." What horrific "special detail" did Andor Gutman say members of the Sonderkommando had to perform?
3. Why do Resi's dog and Mrs. Noth have "fat" bellies?
4. With what American expression is the narrator not familiar when he first meets Frank Wirtanen?
5. What did the narrator receive in the mail after his address was published in the Minuteman?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)