|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say he met Rudolf Hoess?
(a) On a train to Warsaw.
(b) In the prison exercise yard.
(c) In a bar in Berlin.
(d) At a New Year's Eve party.
2. Arpad Kovacs says he joined the Nazi S.S. The S.S. is famous for being what?
(a) The group that cooperated with Allied forces to kill Hitler.
(b) The only branch of the Nazi party that allowed Jews in its ranks.
(c) A spy organization.
(d) The most fanatical wing of Nazism.
3. What prompted the sudden death of August Krapptauer?
(a) Carrying luggage up several flights of stairs and apparently suffering a heart attack.
(b) Swallowing a capsule of cyanide.
(c) Stepping in front of Jones' limousine.
(d) Falling off a balcony.
4. What is the surprise that Rev. Jones and his entourage present to the narrator?
(a) A woman who appears to be his wife.
(b) The FBI.
(c) Israeli agents.
(d) A pair of Broadway producers who want to produce his play about Nazi Germany.
5. Why did Resi remove her mittens when she was sitting in the music room?
(a) So she could lend them to a slave woman who was working outside in the cold.
(b) To pet her dog.
(c) Because the mittens made her skin itch.
(d) Because the narrator gave her a new pair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator's father insist was not for children, but the narrator looked at anyway?
2. Where does the narrator first see the woman he thinks is Helga when they are reunited?
3. Why do Resi's dog and Mrs. Noth have "fat" bellies?
4. Arpad Kovacs despises Jews who did not do what?
5. Why did the narrator and his mother begin to avoid each other?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)