|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator lose Helga?
(a) She was accused of spying for the Americans and was sent to a prison camp.
(b) Russian troops seized the area where she was entertaining the troops and she is presumed dead.
(c) She left him for another man.
(d) She died giving birth to their first child.
2. What do the letters "W.H.U.B." stand for?
(a) Western Hemisphere University of the Bible.
(b) White Heterosexuals United by Beliefs.
(c) Nothing. They are the call letters of a radio station.
(d) Women Helping Underprivileged Brethren.
3. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
(a) By writing letters to his Native American grandmother in the Navajo language.
(b) By using acrostics, where the reader would look at the first letter of each word in a newspaper article.
(c) In the form of special mannerisms, pauses, coughs, and stumbles during his broadcasts.
(d) By drawing cartoons that revealed a secret message when folded a certain way.
4. The narrator is a native of which country?
(b) The United States.
5. From where does Alvin Dobrowitz say the narrator's and the Blue Fairy Godmother's sign and countersign were taken?
(a) The American Pledge of Allegiance.
(b) A song from the Brownies girls' club.
(c) The Boy Scout motto.
(d) The Serenity Prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator does not want to discuss politics when they are alone in his apartment, what does he ask Helga to ask him about instead?
2. Why did the narrator and his mother begin to avoid each other?
3. Why was Lionel Jones kicked out of dental school?
4. What is the "Last Full Measure" to which the narrator refers?
5. Where does Helga get the money to be able to reunite with the narrator?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)