|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description best fits the narrator's New York home?
(a) A rat-infested attic apartment in Greenwich Village.
(b) An upscale Manhattan condo.
(c) A brownstone in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn.
(d) A detached house in a working-class neighborhood in Queens.
2. Arpad Kovacs says he joined the Nazi S.S. The S.S. is famous for being what?
(a) The most fanatical wing of Nazism.
(b) The group that cooperated with Allied forces to kill Hitler.
(c) A spy organization.
(d) The only branch of the Nazi party that allowed Jews in its ranks.
3. What does Helga say is the reason she did not get in touch with the narrator when she learned of his whereabouts?
(a) She did not have enough money to send a telegram or even buy a stamp for a letter.
(b) Her sister had lied to her and said that he wouldn't be interested in seeing her.
(c) She had hoped the narrator had built a new life.
(d) She had taken another lover by then and did not want to hurt him.
4. When they are reunited, what does Helga say she will do if the narrator has no room for her in his life?
(a) Say goodbye, disappear, and never bother him again.
(b) Sue him for divorce and take half of everything he has.
(c) Try to just become good friends.
(d) Kill herself.
5. The Blue Fairy Godmother tells the narrator that to do his job right, he will have to:
(a) Commit high treason.
(b) Earn the trust of the leader of a white supremacist group.
(c) Kill his best friend.
(d) Convince everyone he is Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous speech does Goebbels, Head of the German Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda, find particularly impressive?
2. Comparing himself to Lionel Jones, the narrator insists that he is neither __________ nor __________.
3. What is the White Christian Minuteman?
4. Who is the "Blue Fairy Godmother"?
5. What prompted the sudden death of August Krapptauer?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)