|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator first see the woman he thinks is Helga when they are reunited?
(a) Across the room at a party.
(b) In her hospital room.
(c) On a train platform.
(d) At the bottom of the stairwell in his building.
2. Who informed the Minuteman of the narrator's whereabouts?
(a) Lionel Jones.
(b) Bernard O'Hare.
(c) Resi Noth.
(d) George Kraft.
3. What made Goebbels think that Abraham Lincoln might be Jewish?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was sympathetic to non-whites.
(c) He looked Jewish in his photographs.
(d) "Abraham" sounds like a Jewish name.
4. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
(a) By writing letters to his Native American grandmother in the Navajo language.
(b) By using acrostics, where the reader would look at the first letter of each word in a newspaper article.
(c) In the form of special mannerisms, pauses, coughs, and stumbles during his broadcasts.
(d) By drawing cartoons that revealed a secret message when folded a certain way.
5. What does the narrator do with his broom?
(a) Carves the handle with his wood-carving set.
(b) Hits an attacker over the head with it.
(c) Gives it to his neighbor's daughter who wanted to dress as a witch for Halloween.
(d) Offers to sweep the hallways of his building in exchange for rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernard Mengel, who guards the narrator at night, tells the narrator he does what in his sleep?
2. Which country did Robert, the limousine driver, support during the war?
3. After the war, how many years did the narrator live in New York?
4. Which description does NOT apply to Lionel Jones?
5. Why was Lionel Jones kicked out of dental school?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)