|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what was the only thing about Helga that had changed since he last saw her?
(a) Her hair had become snowy white.
(b) She was blind.
(c) She had gained a lot of weight.
(d) She suffered from dementia and did not know who he was.
2. What prompted the sudden death of August Krapptauer?
(a) Swallowing a capsule of cyanide.
(b) Stepping in front of Jones' limousine.
(c) Carrying luggage up several flights of stairs and apparently suffering a heart attack.
(d) Falling off a balcony.
3. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
(a) By drawing cartoons that revealed a secret message when folded a certain way.
(b) By writing letters to his Native American grandmother in the Navajo language.
(c) In the form of special mannerisms, pauses, coughs, and stumbles during his broadcasts.
(d) By using acrostics, where the reader would look at the first letter of each word in a newspaper article.
4. What is the surprise that Rev. Jones and his entourage present to the narrator?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Israeli agents.
(c) A pair of Broadway producers who want to produce his play about Nazi Germany.
(d) A woman who appears to be his wife.
5. With what American expression is the narrator not familiar when he first meets Frank Wirtanen?
(a) None of your beeswax.
(b) Zip it.
(c) Takes one to know one.
(d) What's up, doc?
Short Answer Questions
1. Arpad Kovacs despises Jews who did not do what?
2. Why was Lionel Jones kicked out of dental school?
3. What is the narrator's "little Eden"?
4. Which of the following is NOT a revelation that Mr. Noth, Helga's father, reveals to the narrator:
5. After the war, how many years did the narrator live in New York?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)