|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Lionel Jones kicked out of dental school?
(a) On suspicion that he deliberately over-anesthetized a Jewish patient, causing her severe brain damage.
(b) Because of scholastic failure and weapons found under his mattress.
(c) Because he used a racial slur against the dean.
(d) Because he plagiarized his dissertation.
2. Arpad Kovacs says he joined the Nazi S.S. The S.S. is famous for being what?
(a) The most fanatical wing of Nazism.
(b) The only branch of the Nazi party that allowed Jews in its ranks.
(c) The group that cooperated with Allied forces to kill Hitler.
(d) A spy organization.
3. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
(a) By using acrostics, where the reader would look at the first letter of each word in a newspaper article.
(b) By drawing cartoons that revealed a secret message when folded a certain way.
(c) In the form of special mannerisms, pauses, coughs, and stumbles during his broadcasts.
(d) By writing letters to his Native American grandmother in the Navajo language.
4. What made Lionel Jones a wealthy man?
(a) His chain of funeral homes.
(b) Sales of his newspaper.
(c) The success of two products he invented.
(d) The life insurance and estates from his dead wives.
5. How many brothers and sisters does the narrator have?
(b) One twin brother who died as an infant.
(c) No brothers and seven older sisters.
(d) One brother and two sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernard O'Hare, who had captured the narrator in Germany, get the narrator's address?
2. When they are reunited, what does Helga say she will do if the narrator has no room for her in his life?
3. Where does Helga get the money to be able to reunite with the narrator?
4. How did the narrator lose Helga?
5. How are Resi and Helga related?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)