|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description best fits the narrator's New York home?
(a) An upscale Manhattan condo.
(b) A rat-infested attic apartment in Greenwich Village.
(c) A detached house in a working-class neighborhood in Queens.
(d) A brownstone in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn.
2. Friedmann is the director of what?
(a) The prison where Campbell is incarcerated.
(b) The Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
(c) The Nazi S.S.
(d) The Yad Vashem Museum in Jerusalem.
3. Arpad Kovacs despises Jews who did not do what?
(a) Convert to Christianity.
(b) Fight back.
(c) Escape from Europe when they had the chance.
(d) Help settle the new nation of Israel.
4. Arpad Kovacs says he joined the Nazi S.S. The S.S. is famous for being what?
(a) The only branch of the Nazi party that allowed Jews in its ranks.
(b) The group that cooperated with Allied forces to kill Hitler.
(c) The most fanatical wing of Nazism.
(d) A spy organization.
5. The narrator is a native of which country?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characteristic does NOT describe Howard W. Campbell, Jr.'s father?
2. Who is the "Blue Fairy Godmother"?
3. How did the narrator say he ended up in Germany?
4. What is George Kraft's real name?
5. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)