|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city does the narrator say was "Hell" or "Purgatory" for him?
(c) New York.
2. Friedmann is the director of what?
(a) The Yad Vashem Museum in Jerusalem.
(b) The prison where Campbell is incarcerated.
(c) The Nazi S.S.
(d) The Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
3. The Blue Fairy Godmother tells the narrator that to do his job right, he will have to:
(a) Earn the trust of the leader of a white supremacist group.
(b) Kill his best friend.
(c) Commit high treason.
(d) Convince everyone he is Jewish.
4. What made Goebbels think that Abraham Lincoln might be Jewish?
(a) He looked Jewish in his photographs.
(b) He was a lawyer.
(c) He was sympathetic to non-whites.
(d) "Abraham" sounds like a Jewish name.
5. What does Arpad Kovacs call people who did nothing to save their own lives or anyone else's lives?
(d) Rotten apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator mean when he claims, "I became what I am today and what I will always be, a stateless person"?
2. After the war, how many years did the narrator live in New York?
3. Who is the "Blue Fairy Godmother"?
4. Arpad Kovacs despises Jews who did not do what?
5. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)