|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Rudolph Franz Hoess?
(a) Howard Campbell's defense attorney.
(b) The director of the Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
(c) The Commandant of Auschwitz.
(d) The Nazi Minister of Propaganda.
2. What is the city in which Campbell, Jr. sits in jail waiting for his trial to begin?
(a) New York.
(b) The Hague.
3. Arpad Kovacs was personally congratulated by __________, whom he would have killed had he known how important he was.
(a) Adolph Hitler.
(b) Adolph Eichmann.
(c) General George S. Patton.
(d) Winston Churchill.
4. Which characteristic does NOT describe Howard W. Campbell, Jr.'s father?
(a) Son of a Baptist minister.
(b) World War I veteran.
(c) Engineer for General Electric.
(d) Raised in Tennessee.
5. What famous speech does Goebbels, Head of the German Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda, find particularly impressive?
(a) Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.
(b) Christ's Sermon on the Mount.
(c) His own "Do you want total war?" speech.
(d) Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arpad Kovacs call people who did nothing to save their own lives or anyone else's lives?
2. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
3. The narrator is a native of which country?
4. What sport did the narrator and Heinz Schildknecht play together?
5. How did the narrator say he ended up in Germany?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)