|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the war crime that Howard Campbell stands accused of?
(a) Mistreating Allied POWs at a prison camp.
(b) Delivering orders of Cyklon-B to the death camps.
(c) Spying on America.
(d) Promoting Nazi propaganda.
2. Who is the "Blue Fairy Godmother"?
(a) Helga Noth.
(b) Abraham Epstein's mother.
(c) Rudolph Hoess.
(d) Major Frank Wirtanen.
3. Which description best fits the narrator's New York home?
(a) An upscale Manhattan condo.
(b) A rat-infested attic apartment in Greenwich Village.
(c) A detached house in a working-class neighborhood in Queens.
(d) A brownstone in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn.
4. How many brothers and sisters does the narrator have?
(a) One twin brother who died as an infant.
(b) One brother and two sisters.
(c) No brothers and seven older sisters.
5. From where does Alvin Dobrowitz say the narrator's and the Blue Fairy Godmother's sign and countersign were taken?
(a) A song from the Brownies girls' club.
(b) The Serenity Prayer.
(c) The Boy Scout motto.
(d) The American Pledge of Allegiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say he met Rudolf Hoess?
2. What famous speech does Goebbels, Head of the German Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda, find particularly impressive?
3. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
4. Bernard Mengel, who guards the narrator at night, tells the narrator he does what in his sleep?
5. What does Arpad Kovacs call people who did nothing to save their own lives or anyone else's lives?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)