|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernard Mengel tells the narrator that he (the narrator) is the only man he has heard of who . . .
(a) Was able to stay in hiding for as long as he did.
(b) Has a bad conscience about what he did during the war.
(c) Worked for the Nazis while also being an American spy.
(d) Joined the Nazi S.S. even though he was a Jew.
2. Bernard Mengel, who guards the narrator at night, tells the narrator he does what in his sleep?
(a) Snores and grinds his teeth.
(d) Says the names of two women and talks about a city.
3. Friedmann is the director of what?
(a) The Yad Vashem Museum in Jerusalem.
(b) The prison where Campbell is incarcerated.
(c) The Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
(d) The Nazi S.S.
4. The narrator tells Epstein's mother that "auf wiedersehen" means "goodbye" in German, but she corrects him by telling him it more precisely means:
(a) Go with God.
(b) Peace be upon you.
(c) Until we meet again.
(d) Both hello and goodbye.
5. Which city does the narrator say was "Hell" or "Purgatory" for him?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arpad Kovacs says he joined the Nazi S.S. The S.S. is famous for being what?
2. How many brothers and sisters does the narrator have?
3. From where does Alvin Dobrowitz say the narrator's and the Blue Fairy Godmother's sign and countersign were taken?
4. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
5. What does Arpad Kovacs call people who did nothing to save their own lives or anyone else's lives?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)