|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the narrator born?
(c) Schenectady, New York.
(d) New York City.
2. The narrator is a native of which country?
(b) The United States.
3. Which description best fits the narrator's New York home?
(a) An upscale Manhattan condo.
(b) A brownstone in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn.
(c) A detached house in a working-class neighborhood in Queens.
(d) A rat-infested attic apartment in Greenwich Village.
4. Arpad Kovacs despises Jews who did not do what?
(a) Help settle the new nation of Israel.
(b) Convert to Christianity.
(c) Fight back.
(d) Escape from Europe when they had the chance.
5. From where does Alvin Dobrowitz say the narrator's and the Blue Fairy Godmother's sign and countersign were taken?
(a) A song from the Brownies girls' club.
(b) The Boy Scout motto.
(c) The American Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) The Serenity Prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator tells Epstein's mother that "auf wiedersehen" means "goodbye" in German, but she corrects him by telling him it more precisely means:
2. How are Resi and Helga related?
3. Bernard Mengel tells the narrator that he (the narrator) is the only man he has heard of who . . .
4. Bernard Mengel, who guards the narrator at night, tells the narrator he does what in his sleep?
5. Why did the narrator and his mother begin to avoid each other?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)