|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arpad Kovacs was personally congratulated by __________, whom he would have killed had he known how important he was.
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Adolph Eichmann.
(c) General George S. Patton.
(d) Adolph Hitler.
2. The narrator tells Epstein's mother that "auf wiedersehen" means "goodbye" in German, but she corrects him by telling him it more precisely means:
(a) Peace be upon you.
(b) Until we meet again.
(c) Go with God.
(d) Both hello and goodbye.
3. Andor Gutman explains that "Sonderkommando" means "special detail." What horrific "special detail" did Andor Gutman say members of the Sonderkommando had to perform?
(a) Check the cesspools of the latrines to make sure no prisoners were hiding there.
(b) Condemn persons into the gas chambers and then remove their dead bodies.
(c) Ensure that Jewish children removed all their clothing before entering the gas chamber.
(d) Extract gold teeth from dead prisoners.
4. Which description best fits the narrator's New York home?
(a) An upscale Manhattan condo.
(b) A brownstone in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn.
(c) A rat-infested attic apartment in Greenwich Village.
(d) A detached house in a working-class neighborhood in Queens.
5. Friedmann is the director of what?
(a) The Nazi S.S.
(b) The prison where Campbell is incarcerated.
(c) The Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
(d) The Yad Vashem Museum in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's "little Eden"?
2. How are Resi and Helga related?
3. Why did the narrator and his mother begin to avoid each other?
4. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
5. From where does Alvin Dobrowitz say the narrator's and the Blue Fairy Godmother's sign and countersign were taken?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)