|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Last Full Measure" to which the narrator refers?
(a) A musical measure in an opera written in honor of Paul Joseph Goebbels.
(b) The last time the crematories at Auschwitz were emptied of bodies before Allied forces freed the camp.
(c) The last train full of Jewish prisoners to arrive at Auschwitz.
(d) The working title of a play commemorating the German soldiers who died putting down the Jewish uprising in the Warsaw Ghetto.
2. In what year does Howard Campbell write his story?
3. Who is the "Blue Fairy Godmother"?
(a) Rudolph Hoess.
(b) Abraham Epstein's mother.
(c) Major Frank Wirtanen.
(d) Helga Noth.
4. What unique symbol is on Campbell's typewriter given to him in the Jerusalem prison?
(a) A swastika.
(b) Twin lightning strokes that symbolized the Nazi S.S.
(c) The yin and yang symbol.
(d) A Star of David.
5. How many brothers and sisters does the narrator have?
(a) No brothers and seven older sisters.
(b) One twin brother who died as an infant.
(d) One brother and two sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
2. Andor Gutman tells the narrator that music played through the loud speakers all day long at the prison camp, but was occasionally interrupted by the phrase, "Leichentrager zu Wache." What does "Leichentrager zu Wache" mean?
3. From where does Alvin Dobrowitz say the narrator's and the Blue Fairy Godmother's sign and countersign were taken?
4. The narrator say his plays were medieval romances and as political as ____________.
5. How did the narrator say he ended up in Germany?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)