|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unique symbol is on Campbell's typewriter given to him in the Jerusalem prison?
(a) A Star of David.
(b) The yin and yang symbol.
(c) Twin lightning strokes that symbolized the Nazi S.S.
(d) A swastika.
2. After the war, how many years did the narrator live in New York?
3. Who was Rudolph Franz Hoess?
(a) The Nazi Minister of Propaganda.
(b) The director of the Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
(c) Howard Campbell's defense attorney.
(d) The Commandant of Auschwitz.
4. What famous speech does Goebbels, Head of the German Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda, find particularly impressive?
(a) Christ's Sermon on the Mount.
(b) Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.
(c) His own "Do you want total war?" speech.
(d) Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech.
5. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
(a) By using acrostics, where the reader would look at the first letter of each word in a newspaper article.
(b) By writing letters to his Native American grandmother in the Navajo language.
(c) By drawing cartoons that revealed a secret message when folded a certain way.
(d) In the form of special mannerisms, pauses, coughs, and stumbles during his broadcasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does the narrator say was "Hell" or "Purgatory" for him?
2. Where does the narrator say he met Rudolf Hoess?
3. Arpad Kovacs was personally congratulated by __________, whom he would have killed had he known how important he was.
4. What is the city in which Campbell, Jr. sits in jail waiting for his trial to begin?
5. What is the narrator's "little Eden"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)