|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that Heinz was willing to do for his motorcycle that he was not willing to do for his wife?
(a) Stand in front of an advancing tank.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Spend entire weekends together.
(d) Buy expensive accessories.
2. The narrator is a native of which country?
(a) The United States.
3. In a note, what does the garbage collector, Lazlo Szombathy, claim he knew how to do?
(a) Play golf.
(b) Cure cancer.
(c) Speak Japanese.
(d) Bring about world peace.
4. The narrator claims he didn't really steal his friend's motorcycle, but . . .
(a) Accidentally backed over it with his car and dumped the motorcycle in the lake to hide the evidence.
(b) Borrowed it for all eternity.
(c) Pretended to steal it so his friend could collect the insurance money.
(d) Paid for it by leaving money in his friend's boot while he was sleeping.
5. What is the main reason the Iron Guard boys have their mothers alter their suits instead of going to a tailor?
(a) The group has a strong "do-it-yourself" ethic.
(b) It is the only way women are allowed to participate in the group.
(c) Most tailors (according to Jones) are Jews.
(d) The families cannot afford tailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lionel Jones' chauffeur's nickname?
2. How old is Resi Noth when the narrator leaves for the front lines?
3. What childish phrase does the Blue Fairy Godmother tell the narrator that he should not expect to hear for himself?
4. According to the narrator, what was the only thing about Helga that had changed since he last saw her?
5. For what "crime" was Stepan Bodovskov arrested, tried, and shot?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)