|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they are reunited, what does Helga say she will do if the narrator has no room for her in his life?
(a) Try to just become good friends.
(b) Sue him for divorce and take half of everything he has.
(c) Say goodbye, disappear, and never bother him again.
(d) Kill herself.
2. What do the letters "W.H.U.B." stand for?
(a) Nothing. They are the call letters of a radio station.
(b) Women Helping Underprivileged Brethren.
(c) Western Hemisphere University of the Bible.
(d) White Heterosexuals United by Beliefs.
3. From where does Alvin Dobrowitz say the narrator's and the Blue Fairy Godmother's sign and countersign were taken?
(a) The Boy Scout motto.
(b) A song from the Brownies girls' club.
(c) The Serenity Prayer.
(d) The American Pledge of Allegiance.
4. How does the narrator get money to live on while hiding in New York?
(a) From the interest earned on an inheritance left to him by his parents.
(b) By selling valuables he had stolen from Germans during the war.
(c) By writing articles for The White Christian Minuteman.
(d) By selling chess sets he carves from wood.
5. Friedmann is the director of what?
(a) The Nazi S.S.
(b) The Yad Vashem Museum in Jerusalem.
(c) The Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
(d) The prison where Campbell is incarcerated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator mean when he claims, "I became what I am today and what I will always be, a stateless person"?
2. Where does the narrator first see the woman he thinks is Helga when they are reunited?
3. What is the city in which Campbell, Jr. sits in jail waiting for his trial to begin?
4. Andor Gutman explains that "Sonderkommando" means "special detail." What horrific "special detail" did Andor Gutman say members of the Sonderkommando had to perform?
5. Which characteristic does NOT describe Howard W. Campbell, Jr.'s father?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)