|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what was the only thing about Helga that had changed since he last saw her?
(a) She had gained a lot of weight.
(b) She suffered from dementia and did not know who he was.
(c) Her hair had become snowy white.
(d) She was blind.
2. How does Bernard O'Hare, who had captured the narrator in Germany, get the narrator's address?
(a) From the Minuteman magazine.
(b) From Mrs. Epstein.
(c) From the attorney who handles the probate for the narrator's parents' will.
(d) From a letter the narrator had sent to an American Legion post.
3. The narrator is a native of which country?
(a) The United States.
4. Bernard Mengel, who guards the narrator at night, tells the narrator he does what in his sleep?
(a) Says the names of two women and talks about a city.
(c) Snores and grinds his teeth.
5. The narrator tells Epstein's mother that "auf wiedersehen" means "goodbye" in German, but she corrects him by telling him it more precisely means:
(a) Go with God.
(b) Peace be upon you.
(c) Both hello and goodbye.
(d) Until we meet again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator was serving as an American agent, how did he send coded information out of Germany?
2. What is the narrator's "little Eden"?
3. How did the narrator lose Helga?
4. Where does the narrator say he met Rudolf Hoess?
5. What childish phrase does the Blue Fairy Godmother tell the narrator that he should not expect to hear for himself?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)