|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator say he ended up in Germany?
(a) His German wife missed her family and was homesick.
(b) He was working as a war correspondent for the New York Times.
(c) His father was transferred there because of work.
(d) He went there on a college work-study program.
2. What is the "Last Full Measure" to which the narrator refers?
(a) The last train full of Jewish prisoners to arrive at Auschwitz.
(b) The last time the crematories at Auschwitz were emptied of bodies before Allied forces freed the camp.
(c) A musical measure in an opera written in honor of Paul Joseph Goebbels.
(d) The working title of a play commemorating the German soldiers who died putting down the Jewish uprising in the Warsaw Ghetto.
3. Friedmann is the director of what?
(a) The Nazi S.S.
(b) The prison where Campbell is incarcerated.
(c) The Yad Vashem Museum in Jerusalem.
(d) The Haifa Institute for Documentation of War Criminals.
4. In what year does Howard Campbell write his story?
5. What does the narrator do with his broom?
(a) Carves the handle with his wood-carving set.
(b) Hits an attacker over the head with it.
(c) Gives it to his neighbor's daughter who wanted to dress as a witch for Halloween.
(d) Offers to sweep the hallways of his building in exchange for rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters "W.H.U.B." stand for?
2. What famous speech does Goebbels, Head of the German Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda, find particularly impressive?
3. The Blue Fairy Godmother tells the narrator that to do his job right, he will have to:
4. Why was Lionel Jones kicked out of dental school?
5. What did the narrator's father insist was not for children, but the narrator looked at anyway?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)