|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Alvin Dobrowitz say the narrator's and the Blue Fairy Godmother's sign and countersign were taken?
(a) The American Pledge of Allegiance.
(b) The Boy Scout motto.
(c) The Serenity Prayer.
(d) A song from the Brownies girls' club.
2. What does the narrator mean when he claims, "I became what I am today and what I will always be, a stateless person"?
(a) That he can never return to Germany because he was a spy for the Americans.
(b) That the concept of statehood is absurd and there should be just one United State, not fifty.
(c) That he can never return to the United States because he wrote propaganda for the Nazis.
(d) That the "Nation of Two" that he and his wife created no longer exists because of her death.
3. What made Lionel Jones a wealthy man?
(a) The life insurance and estates from his dead wives.
(b) Sales of his newspaper.
(c) His chain of funeral homes.
(d) The success of two products he invented.
4. When they are reunited, what does Helga say she will do if the narrator has no room for her in his life?
(a) Try to just become good friends.
(b) Sue him for divorce and take half of everything he has.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Say goodbye, disappear, and never bother him again.
5. After the war, how many years did the narrator live in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernard Mengel, who guards the narrator at night, tells the narrator he does what in his sleep?
2. What fact does the narrator never reveal to his wife?
3. What does Arpad Kovacs call people who did nothing to save their own lives or anyone else's lives?
4. How did the narrator say he ended up in Germany?
5. What do the letters "W.H.U.B." stand for?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)