|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the war crime that Howard Campbell stands accused of?
(a) Delivering orders of Cyklon-B to the death camps.
(b) Spying on America.
(c) Mistreating Allied POWs at a prison camp.
(d) Promoting Nazi propaganda.
2. Arpad Kovacs says he joined the Nazi S.S. The S.S. is famous for being what?
(a) A spy organization.
(b) The only branch of the Nazi party that allowed Jews in its ranks.
(c) The most fanatical wing of Nazism.
(d) The group that cooperated with Allied forces to kill Hitler.
3. Andor Gutman explains that "Sonderkommando" means "special detail." What horrific "special detail" did Andor Gutman say members of the Sonderkommando had to perform?
(a) Condemn persons into the gas chambers and then remove their dead bodies.
(b) Check the cesspools of the latrines to make sure no prisoners were hiding there.
(c) Extract gold teeth from dead prisoners.
(d) Ensure that Jewish children removed all their clothing before entering the gas chamber.
4. In what year does Howard Campbell write his story?
5. Which city does the narrator say was "Hell" or "Purgatory" for him?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the city in which Campbell, Jr. sits in jail waiting for his trial to begin?
2. Arpad Kovacs was personally congratulated by __________, whom he would have killed had he known how important he was.
3. Which description best fits the narrator's New York home?
4. What did the narrator receive in the mail after his address was published in the Minuteman?
5. Of what did the narrator have twenty-six copies?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)