|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator lose Helga?
(a) Russian troops seized the area where she was entertaining the troops and she is presumed dead.
(b) She left him for another man.
(c) She was accused of spying for the Americans and was sent to a prison camp.
(d) She died giving birth to their first child.
2. To the narrator, the imaginary lines of international borders are as unreal as . . .
(a) Sasquatch and Yeti.
(b) Elves and pixies.
(c) UFOs and space aliens.
(d) Elvis and the Beatles.
3. What childish phrase does the Blue Fairy Godmother tell the narrator that he should not expect to hear for himself?
(a) I know you are, but what am I?
(b) Finders keepers.
(d) Tag! You're it.
4. What does the narrator mean when he says, "alles kaput"?
(a) When he is arrested and knows he will be turned over to Israeli agents.
(b) Wirtanen's revelation has wiped away his illusions of a friend, a mistress, and a dream.
(c) His gun misfires and he knows it will never work again.
(d) His reaction when he returns to his home to find it completely ransacked.
5. The narrator is upset when he finds out that Armistice Day had been changed to . . .
(a) Labor Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Veterans' Day.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helga's present to the narrator when they are reunited?
2. What is George Kraft's real name?
3. How does the narrator get money to live on while hiding in New York?
4. What does Wirtanen tell the narrator that George Kraft had planned to do to him?
5. If someone wished to purchase a copy of Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova with color illustrations, how much extra would it cost?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)