|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wirtanen think the Russians would do to get the narrator to cooperate?
(a) Threaten to kill Resi.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Threaten to nuke the U.S.
(d) Threaten to kill him.
2. What is one detail of Resi's post-war life that is true?
(a) She worked in a cigarette factory.
(b) She was briefly married to Heinz Schildknecht in hopes that he could put her in touch with the narrator.
(c) She worked various odd jobs on her way back to Berlin.
(d) She was an interpreter in a Siberian prison camp.
3. Regarding Stepan Bodovskov's finding of the narrator's trunk, Frank Wirtanen says he had a trunkful of . . .
(a) Instant career.
(c) The worst writing ever to come out of Germany.
4. What surprising revelation does Helga give the narrator after their first night back together?
(a) She has come to serve him with divorce papers.
(b) Their seventeen-year-old son is waiting in a nearby coffee shop.
(c) She is not Helga at all; she is actually Resi.
(d) She is there to spy on him.
5. What does Wirtanen tell the narrator that George Kraft had planned to do to him?
(a) Kidnap him from Mexico and take him to Russia.
(b) Steal Resi from him.
(c) Kill him and tell the media the job was done by Israeli assassins.
(d) Leave him all his worldly possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what "crime" was Stepan Bodovskov arrested, tried, and shot?
2. The Blue Fairy Godmother tells the narrator that to do his job right, he will have to:
3. Where does Helga claim she located the trunk filled with many of the narrator's things?
4. What does the narrator do with his broom?
5. The narrator tells Helga he wants to get a bed like their old one that . . .
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)