|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator tells Helga he wants to get a bed like their old one that . . .
(a) Could fold up into the wall.
(b) Had a headboard like an Italian sunset.
(c) Provided really good back support.
(d) Was stuffed with goose down.
2. What is the White Christian Minuteman?
(a) The name of a marble statue in front of a historic church.
(b) A member of a group of private citizens who patrol the U.S.'s southern border.
(c) The name of an old Boston tavern.
(d) An anti-Semitic, anti-Negro, anti-Catholic publication.
3. How did the narrator lose Helga?
(a) Russian troops seized the area where she was entertaining the troops and she is presumed dead.
(b) She was accused of spying for the Americans and was sent to a prison camp.
(c) She left him for another man.
(d) She died giving birth to their first child.
4. How does Bernard O'Hare, who had captured the narrator in Germany, get the narrator's address?
(a) From the Minuteman magazine.
(b) From Mrs. Epstein.
(c) From the attorney who handles the probate for the narrator's parents' will.
(d) From a letter the narrator had sent to an American Legion post.
5. Where does Helga claim she located the trunk filled with many of the narrator's things?
(a) In the bombed-out ruins of her father's house.
(b) At the Berlin theatre where she and the narrator had worked.
(c) From a drop site in a park where a note from the Blue Fairy Godmother said it would be.
(d) In a secret closet in their old apartment that the new tenants had not discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator is upset when he finds out that Armistice Day had been changed to . . .
2. What is the misleading title of chapter 23?
3. What is one detail of Resi's post-war life that is true?
4. Why does Wirtanen say he cannot trust the narrator?
5. What childish phrase does the Blue Fairy Godmother tell the narrator that he should not expect to hear for himself?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)