|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what "crime" was Stepan Bodovskov arrested, tried, and shot?
2. What does Wirtanen tell the narrator that George Kraft had planned to do to him?
(a) Steal Resi from him.
(b) Leave him all his worldly possessions.
(c) Kidnap him from Mexico and take him to Russia.
(d) Kill him and tell the media the job was done by Israeli assassins.
3. How does the narrator regard the old trunk?
(a) A nice place for a family of rats to set up housekeeping.
(b) A treasure chest filled with possibilities.
(c) A coffin of the young man he would never be again.
(d) A time capsule of life before the war.
4. The narrator tells Helga he wants to get a bed like their old one that . . .
(a) Provided really good back support.
(b) Could fold up into the wall.
(c) Had a headboard like an Italian sunset.
(d) Was stuffed with goose down.
5. What does the narrator mean when he claims, "I became what I am today and what I will always be, a stateless person"?
(a) That the concept of statehood is absurd and there should be just one United State, not fifty.
(b) That the "Nation of Two" that he and his wife created no longer exists because of her death.
(c) That he can never return to Germany because he was a spy for the Americans.
(d) That he can never return to the United States because he wrote propaganda for the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one detail of Resi's post-war life that is true?
2. What is George Kraft's real name?
3. What sport did the narrator and Heinz Schildknecht play together?
4. What is George Kraft frantically searching for when he returns to the narrator's apartment?
5. Where does Helga claim she located the trunk filled with many of the narrator's things?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)