|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is sacrificed as part of the ritual when Hadrian is initiated into the religious cult?
2. When Hadrian is initiated into a religious cult, the ceremony takes place on the banks of which river?
3. In his reminiscence of education, Hadrian says that he will always be grateful to which of the following individuals for making him study Greek?
4. While talking about books, Hadrian accuses which author of making life lighter than it is?
5. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," which of the following individuals is Hadrian's cousin?
6. After discussing the honors paid to Trajan after his death, Hadrian says that Rome has changed but he has promised himself to save it from the petrification of all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
7. In his discussion of Marullinus, Hadrian notes that he bore senatorial rank. How many of Hadrian's lineage achieved this rank?
8. Which of the following individuals becomes the new emperor in "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49"?
9. Which of the following religious cults does Hadrian explore during his time in the army?
10. As Hadrian discusses his life he says that all BUT WHICH of the following seem nebulous and fleeting as a phantom?
11. During his travels in "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," Hadrian attends a peasant wedding in which of the following towns?
12. When Trajan's will is finally written, and Hadrian learns that he will be Trajan's successor, which of the following individuals is the first to salute him as emperor?
13. After taking command of his own legion and performing well, Hadrian receives what token from Trajan?
14. When discussing relations with the Parthians, Hadrian says that he expects Marcus to continue the peace that has lasted for how many years?
15. Toward the end of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian states that there are people he's seen often that he won't recognize where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Trajan's grandniece, to whom Hadrian is married at twenty-eight?
2. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," Hadrian states that he has sought which of the following more than power?
3. During "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals is one of Hadrian's supporters and becomes Trajan's new privy councillor?
4. When Hadrian is sixteen and finishes a course of military training, his guardian is persuaded to send him where for further academic study?
5. While vising Chaeronea, Hadrian spends two days as the guest of which of the following famous Greek philosophers and writers?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)