|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92" opens, Hadrian says that all BUT WHICH of the following friends understand and agree with his change of attitude toward war?
(a) Licinius Sura.
(b) Marcius Turbo.
2. When Hadrian is attacked by a slave he sends the man to work in the mines; he says that which of the following cities would have survived had it shown some generosity?
3. While discussing his doctor visit, Hadrian comments that a man does not practice medicine for 30 years without some ______________.
4. While vising Chaeronea, Hadrian spends two days as the guest of which of the following famous Greek philosophers and writers?
5. After winning Trajan's respect, Hadrian is placed in command of which legion?
6. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69" opens, which of the following individuals is in command of the troops in Lower Germany?
7. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals does Hadrian consider his most dangerous enemy?
(a) Lusius Quietus.
(b) Neratius Priscus.
8. At the close of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian says that when philosophers have nothing more to tell us it is excusable to turn to which of the following?
9. When discussing his method of alternation, Hadrian says that all BUT WHICH of the following are subject to interruption at any moment?
10. When Hadrian talks about how much he misses hunting and riding, he mentions his horse of what name?
11. After discussing Trajan's perilous position as he finds enemies on all sides, Hadrian notes that Trajan wastes an entire winter in the siege of which desert fortress?
12. Toward the end of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian states that there are people he's seen often that he won't recognize where?
13. After Hadrian returns to the Roman army and several problems erupt in the Orient at once, Hadrian manages to maintain order in which area?
14. As Hadrian discusses his life he says that all BUT WHICH of the following seem nebulous and fleeting as a phantom?
15. During his travels in Greece, Hadrian mentions seeing the spaces for statues in sanctuaries left empty by the theft of which emperor?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Sarmatian war Hadrian makes a practice of sending rash and ambitious soldiers back to Rome and replacing them with what kind of people?
2. When Hadrian is sent to the first Sarmatian war with the title of governor of Pannonia, how long does the conflict last?
3. When Hadrian goes to Pelusium to mediate the disagreements between the Greeks and Jews, he is forced to spend how many days in a courtroom over the matter?
4. When discussing the craftsmen he takes with him on his travels, Hadrian says that he offered which of the following individuals a Latin secretaryship?
5. During "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals is one of Hadrian's supporters and becomes Trajan's new privy councillor?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)