|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," which of the following individuals is currently emperor of Rome?
2. After discussing Trajan's perilous position as he finds enemies on all sides, Hadrian notes that Trajan wastes an entire winter in the siege of which desert fortress?
3. During Hadrian's time in the army, which of the following individuals reports on his activities to the emperor?
4. Which of the following individuals comes to Hadrian's aid with Trajan in Antioch, when Hadrian fears he is losing his position as Trajan's heir?
5. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," Hadrian states that he has sought which of the following more than power?
6. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92" opens, Hadrian says that all BUT WHICH of the following friends understand and agree with his change of attitude toward war?
(a) Licinius Sura.
(b) Marcius Turbo.
7. As tensions explode in the Orient, Trajan's officer Quietus is dispatched to deal with all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
8. How old is Hadrian when Marullinus casts the horoscope that says Hadrian will one day rule the world?
9. While talking about books, Hadrian accuses which author of making life lighter than it is?
10. When Hadrian is named a judge, in which of the following areas does he specialize?
(c) Petty theft.
11. During his travels in Greece, Hadrian mentions seeing the spaces for statues in sanctuaries left empty by the theft of which emperor?
12. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals does Hadrian consider his most dangerous enemy?
(b) Lusius Quietus.
(c) Neratius Priscus.
13. As he announces his intention to write his autobiography, Hadrian mentions his secretary who was named ________.
14. Toward the end of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian states that there are people he's seen often that he won't recognize where?
15. After a massive earthquake destroys much of Antioch, Trajan allows members of which religion to be blamed and massacred for the natural disaster?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69," what is the only thing Trajan respects at once?
2. When the first reports of the Parthian campaign come in, which of the following major cities has fallen to Rome?
3. For what action is Hadrian reproached shortly after his marriage has taken place?
4. When Hadrian faces revolt from Mauretania, which of the following individuals oversteps his orders and kills Hadrian's rival?
5. In his discussion of life Hadrian comments that his nature seems to be made up of equal parts of instinct and _________.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)