|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most people do when they hear the funhouse character through the loud speakers?
(c) Listen carefully to what it is saying
(d) Stop and stare
2. Ambrose thinks everything one sees in Ocean City is preparation and intermission for what?
(b) Growing up
(c) Winning the war
3. What kind of voice does Peter use when pledging to be a good boy?
(a) He talks in a falsetto
(b) He talks in his normal voice
(c) A slow, deep voice
(d) A voice with an English accent
4. What does Ambrose know is the strategy for spying the Towers first?
(a) Sit in the front seat
(b) Sit on the right side of the car
(c) Sit on the left side of the car
(d) Look out the driver’s mirror
5. Where in the funhouse can the boys see up the girls’ dresses if they try?
(a) In the room of mirrors
(b) In the tumbling-barrel
(c) Near the end when they hit a super slide
(d) In the walk over the bridge of the dead
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose tell Magda is the reason he is limping?
2. What does the narrator say is irrelevant in a story about a fun house?
3. How many times a year does Ambrose’s family come to Ocean City?
4. What does Ambrose realize when he is the first person through the tumble-barrel room?
5. What sudden thought scares Ambrose when he calls out to a person he hears walking in the funhouse after Ambrose is lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter do after giving up on his and his Uncle Karl’s play at the pool?
2. What does Ambrose remember about playing the game 'Niggers and Masters' with Peter and Magda when they were younger?
3. What does Ambrose remember of a cigar box his Uncle Karl has?
4. When thoroughly lost, what does Ambrose imagine happens to him in the Funhouse?
5. What is the truth about Magda’s question that Ambrose does not tell her?
6. What gives Ambrose hope that he will find the exit to the Funhouse?
7. What does Ambrose’s mother give the three teenagers when they reach the boardwalk, and what does she say to them and why?
8. Who is in the car with Ambrose driving to Ocean City?
9. What does the Gypsy Fortune Teller machine look like?
10. How does Ambrose feel about Magda and what is he afraid to do about it?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)