|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ambrose’s father was a young teen how did his family go on vacation?
(a) They usually took a bus
(b) They did not take vacations away from home
(c) By train
(d) By car
2. What does Ambrose decide he will do for others because of being lost in the funhouse?
(a) He will construct funhouses for a living and they will be perfect
(b) He will stand outside the funhouse and tells others how easy it is to get lost
(c) He will introduce a law banning funhouses
(d) He will go in every funhouse he sees and mark the halls
3. What does the narrator say is an image an author might use when writing a story about Ocean City during World War II?
(a) The oil on the ocean
(b) Sailors pulling their girls under the boardwalk
(c) Patrols on the beach
(d) Sailors on leave playing in the arcades
4. What is the name of the character who is advertising the funhouse?
(a) Crazy Lucy
(b) Princess Laurel
(c) Aunt Polly
(d) Fat May
5. With what does Ambrose brush Magda’s skirt?
(a) His ring finger
(b) He does not touch Magda’s skirt
(c) A hair on his thumb
(d) His forearm
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the narrator say diving into the swimming pool could be?
2. What does Ambrose imagine doing if he gets out of the funhouse on his own?
3. What does Ambrose do after he pushes his glasses up on his nose while the family is driving?
4. What does the narrator say about Magda’s physical figure?
5. What does the narrator say to count a generation in years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter do when everyone falls to the floor, and how does Magda react to Peter’s behavior?
2. What is Ambrose’s father doing while Ambrose is in the Funhouse?
3. How does Ambrose feel about Magda and what is he afraid to do about it?
4. What does Ambrose do because he is so nervous about going in the Funhouse with Magda and what does the ticket woman say to Magda?
5. What is a traditional game the family plays when approaching the midway point, and what is the prize for the winner?
6. What does Ambrose think he sees when he steps into the mirror room in the Funhouse?
7. What does Ambrose imagine his father saying to him about getting through the Funhouse?
8. What kind of machines in the arcade are broken, and why are they sitting there broken?
9. What does Magda win during 'Looking for the Towers', and what does she do with her prize?
10. What does Ambrose’s mother give the three teenagers when they reach the boardwalk, and what does she say to them and why?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)