|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ambrose imagine doing with his family years after he is lost in the funhouse?
(a) Reading aloud his account of being lost in the funhouse
(b) Going through the funhouse with him
(c) Coming to the seashore with his own family for vacation
(d) Never coming to Ocean City for vacation
2. What are two of the names Peter came up for his future children as a joke?
(a) Rocky and Bullwinkle
(b) Adonis and Adelaide
(c) Apollo and Artemis
(d) Aloysius and Murgatroyd
3. What does Ambrose think would be the reason the daughter would not rescue him?
(a) She is too afraid of the dark
(b) She believes he must be alone and suffering to achieve greatness
(c) Her father will not allow her to find Ambrose
(d) She thinks he is crazy
4. Where do Ambrose and his family live?
(c) Washington D.C.
5. Who sets the price for Magda’s clemency in the game 'niggers and masters'?
(a) It is set in the rules of the game
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most difficult part of riding the carousel only once?
2. How old is Peter?
3. What kind of tree leaves does Ambrose remember from his younger days?
4. What kind of voice does Peter use when pledging to be a good boy?
5. What does Ambrose’s father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Ambrose see in the Funhouse when he is wandering and what is that person doing?
2. How do the people in the car pass the time during the trip?
3. What was often done in 19th Century fiction to make a work appear real?
4. Why does Ambrose think people don’t know what to make of him?
5. How does Ambrose feel after what he sees at the boardwalk, and what does he want to do? What comment does Magda make about Ambrose’s condition?
6. What is the truth about Magda’s question that Ambrose does not tell her?
7. What does the narrator say is the function of the beginning of a story?
8. What does the Gypsy Fortune Teller machine look like?
9. What kind of machines in the arcade are broken, and why are they sitting there broken?
10. What does Magda win during 'Looking for the Towers', and what does she do with her prize?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)