|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what point of view does Ambrose narrate the story of his life to himself?
(a) Second person limited
(b) He does not narrate the story of his life
(c) First person point of view
(d) Third person
2. What does Ambrose’s father do for a living?
(b) School principal
(c) Insurance agent
3. What was inked into the wood on the cigar box where the label is peeled away?
(a) Best of the best
(b) Inspected by ____
(c) Imported direct to Florida
(d) Made in Cuba
4. What does Ambrose decide to do when he hears people in the corridor when he is lost?
(a) Yell for help
(b) Ignore them
(c) Bang on the wall
(d) Travel towards their voices
5. Over what does Ambrose’s mother chide his father?
(a) Not using his turn signal
(b) Driving too fast
(c) For missing the turn off
(d) Wasting half a cigarette
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose realize when he is the first person through the tumble-barrel room?
2. What are two of the names Peter came up for his future children as a joke?
3. What does the old timer at the door tell Ambrose about the tumble-barrel room?
4. What does Ambrose think is different about himself from others?
5. What does Ambrose wonder about himself when he thinks of scouting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ambrose decide is the whole point of being in Ocean City, and how does he see Ocean City when he figures this out?
2. What does Ambrose do after Magda and Peter leave the Funhouse?
3. How does Ambrose know Magda and Peter have exited the Funhouse?
4. Who is in the car with Ambrose driving to Ocean City?
5. What happens as the teenagers are entering the Funhouse?
6. How does Ambrose feel about Magda and what is he afraid to do about it?
7. What was often done in 19th Century fiction to make a work appear real?
8. What gives Ambrose hope that he will find the exit to the Funhouse?
9. What does Uncle Karl say will change the holiday for the family this year and why has this occured?
10. What do Peter and Uncle Karl try at the pool, and how does Ambrose’s mother react to their behavior? How is Ambrose involved in the situation?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)