|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car is the family taking to Ocean City?
(a) 1938 Ford station wagon
(b) 1940 Plymouth Valiant
(c) 1936 LaSalle sedan
(d) 1937 Ford Cabriolet
2. Of what does Ambrose warn Magda when he asks her to go through the funhouse with him?
(a) That Peter will not be with them as Peter has no money
(b) That he has never been through the funhouse
(c) That a kiss will be acceptable payment for spending a quarter on her
(d) That he plans to look up her dress
3. What kind of tree leaves does Ambrose remember from his younger days?
4. What literary device does the narrator say diving into the swimming pool could be?
(b) A symbol
(c) A metaphor
(d) A narrative contrivance
5. What does the narrator say is a symptom of nervous tension?
(a) Shuffling one’s feet
(b) Staring off into the distance
(c) Violent, repeating yawning
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose’s mother tell the children about the money they are given?
2. What are two of the names Peter came up for his future children as a joke?
3. What kind of tattoo does Uncle Karl have?
4. What does Ambrose know is the strategy for spying the Towers first?
5. What did the hurricane of 1933 do to Ocean City?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)