|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old timer at the door tell Ambrose about the tumble-barrel room?
(a) To look straight ahead to keep his footing
(b) To hold onto Magda so she won’t fall
(c) To go crabwise to get an eyeful
(d) To stay on the left of Magda so she’ll fall and he can see up her skirt
2. What does the narrator say is a way to save face if one is lost when one is found?
(a) Pretend you were trying to find a lost child you heard crying
(b) Act surprised at the fuss and pretend you were never lost
(c) Start to cry when asked a question
(d) Say you were chasing a dog who got into the funhouse
3. What does the narrator say the climax of this story must be?
(a) Ambrose getting a kiss from Magda
(b) Ambrose realizing he is a normal young teen
(c) Ambrose telling Magda he loves her
(d) Ambrose finding his way out of the funhouse
4. What is the usual reward for the first person to see the towers?
(a) A picture of the beach with the family’s camera
(b) A piece of candy or fruit
(c) Getting to go into the ocean first
(d) Being allowed to ride in the front seat for the last two miles
5. Why does Peter insist they stand by the funhouse?
(a) So he can watch the girls’ skirts blow up
(b) In case someone gives them tickets
(c) So their parents can find them
(d) So they can hear the laughing
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says italics should be used how often?
2. Where do Ambrose and his family live?
3. What does the narrator say a man could do with a mannequin?
4. What is the most difficult part of riding the carousel only once?
5. What scares Ambrose about playing the game Niggers and Masters with Magda without Peter?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)