|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which path is Shawn learning?
2. How does an elf attain strength?
3. Where do the people of Lancre run in times of trouble?
4. What part of the elven music alerts Magrat?
5. How do you really upset a witch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Magrat react?
2. Does Shawn succeed in finding help?
3. What does the Librarian notice during the performance?
4. How do the elves finally capture Granny?
5. Why do Nanny, Granny and Magrat all fail to see the Morris Men perform?
6. Where do the Morris Men go in search of peace and privacy?
7. Why does Magrat head to the Dancers instead of the mountains?
8. How do the Morris Men escape the elves?
9. What does Nanny use as a bargaining tool?
10. What has Diamanda done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
1. Granny Weatherwax.
2. Nanny Ogg.
Essay Topic 2
In what way is science a constant theme throughout the book? In what way does science affect the worlds and characters in the book? How does science express the author's views?
Essay Topic 3
If the book were made into a film, how would Pratchett's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)