|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 199-225.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the Stick and Bucket Dance?
(a) It leads to injury.
(b) It is the dance that is always done.
(c) Only a witch can do it.
(d) It requires an artisan well.
2. What is so scary about the metallic clanging sound?
(a) It signals the coming of a great storm.
(b) It signals the coming of the elves.
(c) It means that Nanny Ogg is about to bathe and sing.
(d) It means that a villager will be sacrificed to the gods.
3. Which is a basic characteristic of humans?
(b) A love of iron.
(c) A desire to be rich.
(d) Always being slightly lost.
4. How does Nanny Ogg convince Casanunda to go into the Lancre Caves?
(a) An offer of marriage.
(b) Bread made with gravel and cat litter.
(c) The promise of an intimate evening.
5. How do the wizards entertain themselves during the coach ride?
(a) They play I Spy.
(b) They watch a person cutting cabbages.
(c) By enjoying the splendid greenery.
(d) By counting the amount of cows they see.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do real witches wear black?
2. What is the purpose of a magic circle?
3. Why is midnight a bad time to challenge another witch?
4. Who is playing the Queen of the Fairies?
5. What is the only iron that can enter an Elvish realm?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)