Foreword by a Man of Letters | Chapter 1, A Terrible Mistake
1. What is Pa's original profession?
2. What profession does Pa take on later in life that drives him a little crazy?
3. What trail does the wagon train that the Crabb family joins take?
(a) Donner Party Trail.
(b) California Trail.
(c) Utah Trail.
(d) New Mexico Trail.
4. What item do members of the wagon train run out of, which they attempt to resupply in Laramie?
5. What language does Pa believe the Native Americans speak?
6. What item does Caroline use to protect herself and her mother from the Indians?
Chapter 2, Boiled Dog | Chapter 3, I Make an Enemy
7. What river do Caroline and Jack attempt to cross after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
(c) Big Horn.
8. Who stops Jack and Caroline from crossing the river after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
(a) Morning Star.
(b) Younger Bear.
(c) Old Lodge Skins.
(d) Shadow that Comes into Sight.
This section contains 4,543 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)