|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Performative Language.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea did Rousseau help to develop?
(a) Financial awareness.
(c) The benefits of marriage.
2. Culler reports that some scholars are worried that isolation for readers may become __________.
(c) Too intelligent.
3. What part of "The History of Sexuality" bothered Michel Foucault?
(a) Its inaccurate information.
(b) Its repressive delivery.
(c) Its graphic delivery.
(d) Its focus on the female.
4. According to Chapter 5, how should poems be read?
(a) All at once.
(b) In private.
(c) By the author.
(d) In sections.
5. What type of lyric is used in sublime poetry?
(a) Prolonged lyric.
(b) Foolish lyric.
(c) Extravagant lyric.
(d) Advanced lyric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Culler, is unique about cultural studies?
2. Interpellation studies the effect of ______________ in shaping an individual's actions.
3. According to Culler, what do the authors of classical literature often hide within their words?
4. According to Chapter 5, what is the goal in using a metaphor?
5. According to Culler, what is rhetoric?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)