|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the return of history begin?
(a) With Gorbachev in 1985.
(b) With Khruschev in 1956.
(c) With Solzhenitsyn in 1974.
(d) With Kukushkin in 1981.
2. Who did Stalin blame for the murders of Polish military officers in the 1940s?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The Czechs.
(c) The French.
(d) The Poles.
3. What play did Yegor Ligachev and other Party ideologues object to?
(a) Onward, Onward, Onward.
(b) Bravo, Rosa.
(d) Forward, Forward.
4. What young socialist from Philadelphia came to the Soviet Union in 1932?
(a) John Scott.
(b) Robert Eichelberger.
(c) Thomas Davidson.
(d) George Bernard Shaw.
5. Who betrayed Aleksandr Medvedev?
(a) Boris Chagin.
(b) Yuri Kukushkin.
(c) Anatoly Kapustin.
(d) Nikolai Petrakov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news did Tretetsky and his men learn on August 21, 1991?
2. Who succeeded Brezhnev?
3. What did Brezhnev want from the Uzbeks?
4. In Magnitogorsk, how much was sunlight was reduced by pollution?
5. Who did Andropov want to succeed him when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did filmmaker Tofik Shakhverdiyev say it meant in 1988 to be a Stalinist?
2. What was the homeless situation in Moscow in 1988?
3. What happened in the 1940s in the woods outside Kalinin?
4. Why was Genrikh Joffe accused of being a "preacher of bourgeois ideology"?
5. What was the Doctors' Plot?
6. What did Gorbachev do about the letter published March 13 in the Sovetskaya Rossiya?
7. How did Yakovlev know that the article "I Cannot Forsake Principles" was sanctioned?
8. What was Magadan like in the late 1930s?
9. Why is life in the mines not fit for human beings?
10. Why did Natasha Rapoport not emigrate to Israel?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)