|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Polish officers were killed every night for a month in April of 1940?
2. What does one Eveni descendant say the Soviets did to his people?
(a) Committed genocide.
(b) Helped them become traders.
(c) Destroyed their culture.
(d) Helped them become farmers.
3. What did Brezhnev want from the Uzbeks?
4. What group was attacked sometime between the Andreyeva affair and the Nineteenth Party Conference in June 1988?
(b) Crimean Tatars.
5. Who was Bukharian's wife?
(a) Zoya Belayeva.
(b) Anna Larina.
(c) Nina Andreyeva.
(d) Larisa Bogoraz.
6. Where did Tretetsky serve before being assigned to the Military Prosecutor's Office?
(b) The Balkans.
7. How many Polish soldiers were killed the first night in Kalinin?
8. Who refused to be interviewed by Remnick during the first session of Congress?
(c) Viktor Chebrikov.
(d) Yuri Vlasov.
9. What did Gorbachev use to spread his message?
10. What did Dinmukhamed Kunayev's wife want her husband to get for her?
(a) Silk from China.
(c) Clothes from Paris.
(d) A Japanese tea set.
11. Which former cellmate of Solzhenitsyn was a role model for Pavel Litvinov?
12. How old was Dmitri Yorosov when he started filling out index cards with the names of people who disappeared?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 30 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
13. What was the work site where Colonel Tretetsky and his men worked?
(a) A deserted village.
(b) Mass graves.
(c) A bridge.
(d) An old factory.
14. How did inmates from the Kolyma camps learn that Aleksandr Medvedev had died?
(a) They were told by the camp commandant.
(b) The camp foreman was wearing Medvedev's wool jacket.
(c) They saw him shot.
(d) The camp commandant was wearing Medvedev's wool hat.
15. Who did Stalin blame for the murders of Polish military officers in the 1940s?
(a) The Poles.
(b) The French.
(c) The Czechs.
(d) The Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What society did Pavel belong to that tells him that there could be enemies anywhere, even at home?
2. Where was Yakovlev when the letter in the Sovetskaya Rossiya was published on March 13?
3. What did Remnick see when he was talking to an old man whose wife had leukemia?
4. Who did Akhmadzhan Adylov say was his ancestor?
5. What did both Lenin and Stalin use to advertise the Revolution?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)