|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would Remnick have been charged for a phone that had the capability to call abroad?
2. Who would be undermined if the truth about the massacres is revealed?
(b) The Polish Communists.
(c) The KGB.
(d) The Nazis.
3. When was the explosion of the first Soviet thermonuclear bomb?
(a) August 12, 1953.
(b) March 18, 1952.
(c) September 15, 1950.
(d) December 16, 1954.
4. In the 1989 elections, what percent of the 2,250 deputies were Party members?
(a) 95 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 80 percent.
5. What made Remnick realize that the threats against the Jews in 1988 were serious?
(a) When he heard that a cemetery had been vandalized.
(b) When his apartment was broken into.
(c) When the KGB threatened his wife.
(d) When he found a Y for Yid on his car door.
6. Where was Yakovlev when the letter in the Sovetskaya Rossiya was published on March 13?
7. Who did Remnick tell Flora Litvinov he was looking for?
8. When was Sakharov allowed to return to Moscow?
9. Where was Geidar Aliyev the Party boss for two decades?
10. Who refused to be interviewed by Remnick during the first session of Congress?
(b) Viktor Chebrikov.
(d) Yuri Vlasov.
11. How did Dmitri Vasiliyev say Russian children were being turned into alcoholics by the Jews?
(a) By putting alcohol in ice cream.
(b) By putting alcohol in pudding.
(c) By slipping alcohol in the yogurt supply.
(d) By placing alcohol in soft drinks.
12. What did Gorbachev study at Moscow State University?
13. How many Polish soldiers were killed the first night in Kalinin?
14. In English, what is the title of Yerofeyev's book?
(a) Around Moscow.
(b) To Moscow and Back.
(c) Moscow Circles.
(d) Train Routes.
15. When did Gorbachev take office?
(a) December 1984.
(b) January 1985.
(c) March 1985.
(d) March 1986.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tretetsky receiving phone calls all day on August 19, 1991?
2. How big was Remnick's Moscow apartment?
3. What did both Lenin and Stalin use to advertise the Revolution?
4. What does one Eveni descendant say the Soviets did to his people?
5. Who was one of the key plotters in the August coup?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)