Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the 1940s in the woods outside Kalinin?
2. In the 1980s, why did Gorbachev say that there should be no more "rose-colored glasses"?
3. As people learned about the true history of the Stalin era, why were they weary and bored?
4. Why was the Communist Party doomed to failure after they lost control of history?
5. Why is Misha Litvinov a reserved person?
6. What is the dilemma that Mishal and Flora Litvinov faced with their children?
7. Why did the salmon catch rot on Sakhalin Island?
8. Who is Lydia Chukovskaya?
9. How did Stalin gain absolute control over history?
10. Why was Genrikh Joffe accused of being a "preacher of bourgeois ideology"?
11. Why did no one believe that a new "epoch of human progress" began in October 1917?
12. Why was Andropov important to Gorbachev?
13. How did Yakovlev know that the article "I Cannot Forsake Principles" was sanctioned?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)