|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Gorbachev when the letter in the Sovetskaya Rossiya was published on March 13?
2. Who did Stalin blame for the murders of Polish military officers in the 1940s?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The Poles.
(c) The French.
(d) The Czechs.
3. Where was Yakovlev when the letter in the Sovetskaya Rossiya was published on March 13?
4. In 1974, who was the first man forcibly exiled from the Soviet Union since Trotsky?
5. How much would Remnick have been charged for a phone that had the capability to call abroad?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tretetsky receiving phone calls all day on August 19, 1991?
2. How many Polish soldiers were killed the first night in Kalinin?
3. What did Gorbachev use to spread his message?
4. What was the title of the letter published in the Sovetskaya Rossiya that contradicted everything Gorbachev, Yakovlev, and the liberal intelligentsia had been saying?
5. Why did the letter that was published March 13 in Sovetskaya Rossiya also run in newspapers across the country?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)