|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would Remnick have been charged for a phone that had the capability to call abroad?
2. When did Gorbachev give a speech designed to manipulate the historical debate and to "spit on Stalin"?
(a) December 5, 1987.
(b) November 4, 1990.
(c) November 2, 1987.
(d) November 16, 1985.
3. In English, what is the title of Yerofeyev's book?
(a) Moscow Circles.
(b) To Moscow and Back.
(c) Train Routes.
(d) Around Moscow.
4. How big was Remnick's Moscow apartment?
(a) One room.
(b) Four rooms.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) Five rooms.
5. When did the return of history begin?
(a) With Kukushkin in 1981.
(b) With Khruschev in 1956.
(c) With Solzhenitsyn in 1974.
(d) With Gorbachev in 1985.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play did Yegor Ligachev and other Party ideologues object to?
2. Who was one of the key plotters in the August coup?
3. How many Polish officers were killed every night for a month in April of 1940?
4. When Remnick was in Moscow, who was the last survivor of the Doctors' Plot?
5. What group threatened the Jews in Leningrad, Moscow, and Novosibirsk?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)