|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pavel's sentence for demonstrating at Red Square in 1968?
(a) 15 years in Siberia.
(b) 5 years in Siberia.
(c) 10 years hard labor.
2. When did Remnick move to Moscow?
(a) January 1988.
(b) March 1990.
(c) January 1987.
(d) May, 1988.
3. How many index cards did Dmitri Yurosov manage to accumulate in eighteen months at the archive of the Supreme Court?
(b) 1 million.
4. What happened to some of those who executed the Polish officers?
(a) They faced military tribunals.
(b) They went mad and committed suicide.
(c) They were court martialed.
(d) They were executed themselves.
5. How big was Remnick's Moscow apartment?
(a) Four rooms.
(b) One room.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) Five rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gorbachev give a speech designed to manipulate the historical debate and to "spit on Stalin"?
2. In 1968, what was Alexander Dubcek's attempt to create "socialism with a human face" called?
3. What made Remnick realize that the threats against the Jews in 1988 were serious?
4. Where was Gorbachev when the letter in the Sovetskaya Rossiya was published on March 13?
5. How many years did Bukharian's wife spend in prison or exile?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)