|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Remnick realize that the threats against the Jews in 1988 were serious?
(a) When the KGB threatened his wife.
(b) When his apartment was broken into.
(c) When he heard that a cemetery had been vandalized.
(d) When he found a Y for Yid on his car door.
2. In 1968, what was Alexander Dubcek's attempt to create "socialism with a human face" called?
(a) Czechoslovakia Freedom.
(b) Czech Socialism.
(c) Prague Spring.
(d) Czech demonstration.
3. In English, what is the title of Yerofeyev's book?
(a) Moscow Circles.
(b) To Moscow and Back.
(c) Train Routes.
(d) Around Moscow.
4. What piece of Tretetsky's equipment was sabotaged?
(a) A backhoe.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A tank.
(d) A tractor.
5. Who was Bukharian's wife?
(a) Zoya Belayeva.
(b) Larisa Bogoraz.
(c) Nina Andreyeva.
(d) Anna Larina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Yakovlev when the letter in the Sovetskaya Rossiya was published on March 13?
2. What play did Yegor Ligachev and other Party ideologues object to?
3. When did Remnick move to Moscow?
4. What happened to some of those who executed the Polish officers?
5. Remnick saw a man with no legs on his way to the Lenin Library. How was the man getting around?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)