|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Gorbachev give a speech designed to manipulate the historical debate and to "spit on Stalin"?
(a) December 5, 1987.
(b) November 4, 1990.
(c) November 16, 1985.
(d) November 2, 1987.
2. How many index cards did Dmitri Yurosov manage to accumulate in eighteen months at the archive of the Supreme Court?
(a) 1 million.
3. What was the work site where Colonel Tretetsky and his men worked?
(a) A deserted village.
(b) A bridge.
(c) Mass graves.
(d) An old factory.
4. In 1974, who was the first man forcibly exiled from the Soviet Union since Trotsky?
5. What news did Tretetsky and his men learn on August 21, 1991?
(a) The coup was successful.
(b) They have to stop digging.
(c) Gorbachev has stepped down.
(d) The coup has failed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of the key plotters in the August coup?
2. Why did the letter that was published March 13 in Sovetskaya Rossiya also run in newspapers across the country?
3. How many years did Bukharian's wife spend in prison or exile?
4. Who did Remnick tell Flora Litvinov he was looking for?
5. What was the news on August 19, 1991?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)