|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the saga of Rome's decline and fall?
(c) Pope Gregory I.
2. When did the return of history begin?
(a) With Gorbachev in 1985.
(b) With Solzhenitsyn in 1974.
(c) With Kukushkin in 1981.
(d) With Khruschev in 1956.
3. Who was a video healer who appeared on state television?
4. Who claimed to heal the Romanovs' son of hemophilia?
5. How did Dmitri Vasiliyev say Russian children were being turned into alcoholics by the Jews?
(a) By putting alcohol in pudding.
(b) By putting alcohol in ice cream.
(c) By placing alcohol in soft drinks.
(d) By slipping alcohol in the yogurt supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group threatened the Jews in Leningrad, Moscow, and Novosibirsk?
2. How did Alik the wanderer Remnick met at the Kazan Station, get money?
3. How did the regime support itself under Brezhnev, Andropov, and Chernenko?
4. In 1974, who was the first man forcibly exiled from the Soviet Union since Trotsky?
5. When was Gorbachev born?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)