|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an order given to Ferrier by Thrawn at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Where are Luke and Mara in the final scene of the book?
3. How many asteroids landing on Coruscant would it take to cause a catastrophe, according to General Rieekan?
4. Why is Admiral Ackbar not present for the strategy meeting in the fourteenth chapter?
5. Who accompanies Mara to find the self-destruct switch in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Leia to discover the Imperial Delta Source in Chapter 17?
2. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
3. How is Thrawn's hit and fade operation launched against Coruscant?
4. What deal does Luke offer to C'baoth and how does Mara respond?
5. How is C'baoth imprisoned and released on Wayland?
6. How is the inside of Mt. Tantiss described?
7. Who are Drang and Sturm, and what is their purpose in the story?
8. How does Luke begin his confrontation with C'baoth in Chapter 26?
9. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
10. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Leia's discovery of the Imperial source of information at the Palace, the New Republic's process for locating spies, what events lead her to find the system, and the significance of how the ch'hala trees are first introduced in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Thrawn uses a certain degree of restraint when dealing with the failures of those he associates with.
1) Describe the way Thrawn reacts to the raid at Trogan.
2) Explain how Thrawn handles the initial events at Bilbringi.
3) Analyze the differences in Thrawn's approach to failures with Darth Vader and the Emperor as well as Thrawn's own reputation.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)