|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which name does Ferrier mention that solidifies his guilt?
2. Based on improved filtering programs, what does Imperial intelligence appear not to discriminate between?
3. What sound does Luke hear as he battles his clone?
4. What is the name of Luke's clone?
5. What is on the data card that Ghent hands to Leia at the end of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Rebels discover that C'baoth is inside of the throne room?
2. What attacks the Rebels as the Millennium Falcon's ramp lowers on Wayland?
3. How does Leia deal with Karrde on Coruscant?
4. Why does Leia explain the secret mission to Wayland to the Council, and what is their reaction?
5. How is Thrawn destroyed?
6. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
7. How does Luke begin his confrontation with C'baoth in Chapter 26?
8. What deal does Luke offer to C'baoth and how does Mara respond?
9. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
10. What surprising tactical decision does Thrawn make at the end of Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thrawn uses a certain degree of restraint when dealing with the failures of those he associates with.
1) Describe the way Thrawn reacts to the raid at Trogan.
2) Explain how Thrawn handles the initial events at Bilbringi.
3) Analyze the differences in Thrawn's approach to failures with Darth Vader and the Emperor as well as Thrawn's own reputation.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout The Last Command, Luke and Leia both have visions about the Force and future events. Analyze the examples of Luke and Leia's connection with the Force and how it is portrayed in the novel. Also, include the differences in the way that Luke senses things and Leia's visions in the story.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)