|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Admiral Ackbar not present for the strategy meeting in the fourteenth chapter?
2. What promise does Luke make to Mara in Chapter 24?
3. As the Falcon's ramp lowers, what sound causes the garrals to attack Han?
4. How many asteroids landing on Coruscant would it take to cause a catastrophe, according to General Rieekan?
5. In detecting invisible asteroids, what does CGT stand for?
Essay Topic 1
Thrawn uses a certain degree of restraint when dealing with the failures of those he associates with.
1) Describe the way Thrawn reacts to the raid at Trogan.
2) Explain how Thrawn handles the initial events at Bilbringi.
3) Analyze the differences in Thrawn's approach to failures with Darth Vader and the Emperor as well as Thrawn's own reputation.
Essay Topic 2
The Noghri are an important part of the plot in The Last Command.
1) Describe the planet Honoghr, its past problems, and how they were resolved.
2) Explain what the Noghri have experienced with the Empire and how that influences the story.
3) Describe the loyalty of the Noghri to Luke and Leia and its origin.
Essay Topic 3
With The Last Command, Timothy Zahn introduces and develops a story around a mixture of familiar and new characters in a thematic writing style.
1) Describe the introduction of the main characters in the book, including the difference between how Zahn chooses to develop the characters from the Star Wars movies and the new characters.
2) Explain how Zahn's writing style compares to a screenplay and the possible reasons for his choice to write the novel this way.
3) Analyze three examples of how Zahn references the Star Wars films, what the references add to the story, and if the familiarity of the films is a reasonable necessity for the reader.
This section contains 1,399 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)