|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Luke make to Mara in Chapter 24?
2. What reminder from Luke causes C'baoth to become temporarily shaken?
3. What do Imperial attack forces use to trap the smugglers at Bilbringi?
4. Who do Drang and Sturm show force sensitivity around on Myrkr?
5. What causes alarm for Karrde in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of the three main Imperial leaders, Thrawn, C'baoth, and Pellaeon. Use the book to provide specific examples of how their tactical approaches differ and change throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
With The Last Command, Timothy Zahn introduces and develops a story around a mixture of familiar and new characters in a thematic writing style.
1) Describe the introduction of the main characters in the book, including the difference between how Zahn chooses to develop the characters from the Star Wars movies and the new characters.
2) Explain how Zahn's writing style compares to a screenplay and the possible reasons for his choice to write the novel this way.
3) Analyze three examples of how Zahn references the Star Wars films, what the references add to the story, and if the familiarity of the films is a reasonable necessity for the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
This section contains 1,413 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)