|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose lightsaber does Mara use to destroy Luke's clone?
2. What does Ferrier use in his attempted escape in Chapter 18?
3. As Leia talks with General Rieekan, what are the cruisers using to prevent traffic to or from Coruscant?
4. How much time is the fuse set for by Lando and Chewie to destroy the mountain?
5. What type of pet are Drang and Sturm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
2. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
3. How is the inside of Mt. Tantiss described?
4. What position does the New Republic offer Mara, and how does The Last Command end?
5. How does Mara begin to understand what Luke is going through in Chapter 19 and see things from a different perspective?
6. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
7. How does Ferrier die at the meeting of the smugglers on Hijarna?
8. What disagreement do Fey'lya and Mon Mothma have in Chapter 20?
9. What method does the New Republic use to locate the cloaked asteroids on Coruscant?
10. How is C'baoth destroyed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Leia's discovery of the Imperial source of information at the Palace, the New Republic's process for locating spies, what events lead her to find the system, and the significance of how the ch'hala trees are first introduced in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the break-in attempt of the Palace on Coruscant by Himron and the Imperial intruders, including the intent of their mission, all of the characters involved, how they are stopped, and the unintended consequences of Mara's actions.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)