|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karrde suggest the smugglers steal from Bilbringi in Chapter 20?
2. What do Imperial attack forces use to trap the smugglers at Bilbringi?
3. Who is attacking Luke and Mara in Leia's dream at the beginning of Chapter 14?
4. How long have Luke and Mara been hiking for when Chapter 19 begins?
5. As of Chapter 23, how many asteroids have been neutralized on Coruscant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Thrawn destroyed?
2. How do the Rebels discover that C'baoth is inside of the throne room?
3. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
4. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
5. What is Leia's dream in the beginning of Chapter 14, and how does she respond to it?
6. What surprising tactical decision does Thrawn make at the end of Chapter 20?
7. How is Thrawn's hit and fade operation launched against Coruscant?
8. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
9. What sign do Luke and Mara find in Chapter 19, and how does Mara explain it?
10. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luke and Mara have very different pasts with the Empire.
1) Explain Mara's past and how her experiences with the Emperor have preconditioned her to struggle with an internal conflict.
2) Describe Luke's past dealings with the Emperor and how they help Mara work through her confusion.
3) Analyze the differences between Luke and Mara as well as their similarities in their outlook on the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the main elements of the leadership of the New Republic, Admiral Ackbar, General Bel Iblis, Mon Mothma, and Fey'lya. Include a background of the characters and how it relates to the present situations of the Rebel Alliance.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the meetings that the smugglers have at Chazwa and Trogan. Provide an analysis of the key characters involved, the effect of the meetings on the plot, and the events that influence the position of the smugglers in the war between the Empire and the New Republic.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)