|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the severed hand that led to the creation of Luke's clone originate?
2. How many potential asteroids could the Rebels be faced with finding after Thrawn shatters them?
3. As of Chapter 23, how many asteroids have been neutralized on Coruscant?
4. What promise does Luke make to Mara in Chapter 24?
5. How many asteroids landing on Coruscant would it take to cause a catastrophe, according to General Rieekan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
2. How is Thrawn destroyed?
3. How is C'baoth imprisoned and released on Wayland?
4. How is Wayland described, and what are Han's concerns when the Millennium Falcon lands there?
5. What promise does Mara ask Luke to make as they are entering the mountain, and how does he respond?
6. Why does Leia explain the secret mission to Wayland to the Council, and what is their reaction?
7. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
8. What method does the New Republic use to locate the cloaked asteroids on Coruscant?
9. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
10. Who are Drang and Sturm, and what is their purpose in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the main elements of the leadership of the New Republic, Admiral Ackbar, General Bel Iblis, Mon Mothma, and Fey'lya. Include a background of the characters and how it relates to the present situations of the Rebel Alliance.
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)