|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Luke and Mara in the final scene of the book?
2. How does Mon Mothma initially react to the news of Mara's disappearance?
3. Why is Admiral Ackbar not present for the strategy meeting in the fourteenth chapter?
4. What is Mon Mothma's concern about the trip to Wayland?
5. Because of the Psadans and Myneyrshi, how long does Mara anticipate the hike to be in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Thrawn destroyed?
2. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
3. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
4. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
5. What surprising tactical decision does Thrawn make at the end of Chapter 20?
6. How is Wayland described, and what are Han's concerns when the Millennium Falcon lands there?
7. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
8. How does Ferrier die at the meeting of the smugglers on Hijarna?
9. How does Luke begin his confrontation with C'baoth in Chapter 26?
10. What leads Leia to discover the Imperial Delta Source in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)