|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clyngunn's report in Chapter 15, where has the clone traffic dried up?
2. According to the information retrieved in Chapter 17, how many Star Destroyers are nearly complete at Ord Trasi?
3. How does Mon Mothma initially react to the news of Mara's disappearance?
4. How long is the battle at Xa Fel before the Rebels retreat?
5. Who does Mara think might be responsible for the clawbird carcass she and Luke discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Thrawn's hit and fade operation launched against Coruscant?
2. What sign do Luke and Mara find in Chapter 19, and how does Mara explain it?
3. What attacks the Rebels as the Millennium Falcon's ramp lowers on Wayland?
4. How does Leia deal with Karrde on Coruscant?
5. What promise does Mara ask Luke to make as they are entering the mountain, and how does he respond?
6. What is Leia's dream in the beginning of Chapter 14, and how does she respond to it?
7. How is the inside of Mt. Tantiss described?
8. What deal does Luke offer to C'baoth and how does Mara respond?
9. How is C'baoth destroyed?
10. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zahn uses a number of literary techniques to write The Last Command.
1) Analyze three examples of foreshadowing throughout the book.
2) Explain the descriptive techniques used in three different parts of the book (example: the cloning cavern in Mt. Tantiss, the creatures on Wayland, etc.)
3) Analyze the overall tone of the book and how it changes for different events.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the writing style of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of the twins, how Leia's Jedi training helps her, and what she senses for the future of her babies. Include Han's reaction to the birth and the possible impact the twins could have on Leia' s responsibility to the New Republic Council.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of the three main Imperial leaders, Thrawn, C'baoth, and Pellaeon. Use the book to provide specific examples of how their tactical approaches differ and change throughout the story.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)