|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who analyzes Karrde's data cards after he surrenders them?
2. Who reports Mara's disappearance in Chapter 14?
3. What does C'baoth ridicule Luke for in the beginning of Chapter 26?
4. What does Luke compare the darkness of the mountain to on Wayland?
5. How does Mon Mothma initially react to the news of Mara's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
Essay Topic 2
Zahn uses a number of literary techniques to write The Last Command.
1) Analyze three examples of foreshadowing throughout the book.
2) Explain the descriptive techniques used in three different parts of the book (example: the cloning cavern in Mt. Tantiss, the creatures on Wayland, etc.)
3) Analyze the overall tone of the book and how it changes for different events.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Leia's discovery of the Imperial source of information at the Palace, the New Republic's process for locating spies, what events lead her to find the system, and the significance of how the ch'hala trees are first introduced in the book.
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)