|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which droid does Leia notice near the ch'hala trees in the Grand Corridor?
2. Why does Bel Iblis suggest looking for a recording system instead of spies?
3. Based on improved filtering programs, what does Imperial intelligence appear not to discriminate between?
4. What is the result of the negotiations between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
5. What suspicion does Luke have in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What method does the New Republic use to locate the cloaked asteroids on Coruscant?
2. How does Luke begin his confrontation with C'baoth in Chapter 26?
3. How does Ferrier die at the meeting of the smugglers on Hijarna?
4. What disagreement do Fey'lya and Mon Mothma have in Chapter 20?
5. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
6. What position does the New Republic offer Mara, and how does The Last Command end?
7. What promise does Mara ask Luke to make as they are entering the mountain, and how does he respond?
8. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
9. How does Leia deal with Karrde on Coruscant?
10. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luke and Mara have very different pasts with the Empire.
1) Explain Mara's past and how her experiences with the Emperor have preconditioned her to struggle with an internal conflict.
2) Describe Luke's past dealings with the Emperor and how they help Mara work through her confusion.
3) Analyze the differences between Luke and Mara as well as their similarities in their outlook on the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of the three main Imperial leaders, Thrawn, C'baoth, and Pellaeon. Use the book to provide specific examples of how their tactical approaches differ and change throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Leia's discovery of the Imperial source of information at the Palace, the New Republic's process for locating spies, what events lead her to find the system, and the significance of how the ch'hala trees are first introduced in the book.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)