|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ekhrikhor clan Bakh'tor give to Luke as a sign of truce from the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
2. What is Mon Mothma's concern about the trip to Wayland?
3. How many Jedi minds does C'baoth plan to rebuild and control?
4. Where did the severed hand that led to the creation of Luke's clone originate?
5. What does Leia compare Bel Iblis's chief adviser to in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ferrier die at the meeting of the smugglers on Hijarna?
2. What method does the New Republic use to locate the cloaked asteroids on Coruscant?
3. How is C'baoth destroyed?
4. How is the inside of Mt. Tantiss described?
5. What surprising tactical decision does Thrawn make at the end of Chapter 20?
6. Who are Drang and Sturm, and what is their purpose in the story?
7. Why does Leia explain the secret mission to Wayland to the Council, and what is their reaction?
8. How is Wayland described, and what are Han's concerns when the Millennium Falcon lands there?
9. What leads Leia to discover the Imperial Delta Source in Chapter 17?
10. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of the three main Imperial leaders, Thrawn, C'baoth, and Pellaeon. Use the book to provide specific examples of how their tactical approaches differ and change throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the meetings that the smugglers have at Chazwa and Trogan. Provide an analysis of the key characters involved, the effect of the meetings on the plot, and the events that influence the position of the smugglers in the war between the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Zahn uses a number of literary techniques to write The Last Command.
1) Analyze three examples of foreshadowing throughout the book.
2) Explain the descriptive techniques used in three different parts of the book (example: the cloning cavern in Mt. Tantiss, the creatures on Wayland, etc.)
3) Analyze the overall tone of the book and how it changes for different events.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)