|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the negotiations between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
2. What does Leia compare Bel Iblis's chief adviser to in Chapter 14?
3. What sound does Luke hear as he battles his clone?
4. Where are the most important officers standing as Leia makes her way through the hallway in the fourteenth chapter?
5. How does Ferrier die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luke begin his confrontation with C'baoth in Chapter 26?
2. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
3. How does Leia deal with Karrde on Coruscant?
4. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
5. What sign do Luke and Mara find in Chapter 19, and how does Mara explain it?
6. What disagreement do Fey'lya and Mon Mothma have in Chapter 20?
7. How is Wayland described, and what are Han's concerns when the Millennium Falcon lands there?
8. How does Ferrier die at the meeting of the smugglers on Hijarna?
9. Who are Drang and Sturm, and what is their purpose in the story?
10. Why does Leia explain the secret mission to Wayland to the Council, and what is their reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With The Last Command, Timothy Zahn introduces and develops a story around a mixture of familiar and new characters in a thematic writing style.
1) Describe the introduction of the main characters in the book, including the difference between how Zahn chooses to develop the characters from the Star Wars movies and the new characters.
2) Explain how Zahn's writing style compares to a screenplay and the possible reasons for his choice to write the novel this way.
3) Analyze three examples of how Zahn references the Star Wars films, what the references add to the story, and if the familiarity of the films is a reasonable necessity for the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Thrawn uses a certain degree of restraint when dealing with the failures of those he associates with.
1) Describe the way Thrawn reacts to the raid at Trogan.
2) Explain how Thrawn handles the initial events at Bilbringi.
3) Analyze the differences in Thrawn's approach to failures with Darth Vader and the Emperor as well as Thrawn's own reputation.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the break-in attempt of the Palace on Coruscant by Himron and the Imperial intruders, including the intent of their mission, all of the characters involved, how they are stopped, and the unintended consequences of Mara's actions.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)