|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the severed hand that led to the creation of Luke's clone originate?
2. Who reports Mara's disappearance in Chapter 14?
3. Who does Wedge work with to create a diversion in Chapter 28?
4. What does Luke compare the darkness of the mountain to on Wayland?
5. Who is attacking Luke and Mara in Leia's dream at the beginning of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Thrawn destroyed?
2. Who are Drang and Sturm, and what is their purpose in the story?
3. How is Thrawn's hit and fade operation launched against Coruscant?
4. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
5. How does Leia deal with Karrde on Coruscant?
6. What deal does Luke offer to C'baoth and how does Mara respond?
7. What method does the New Republic use to locate the cloaked asteroids on Coruscant?
8. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
9. How is C'baoth destroyed?
10. Why does Leia explain the secret mission to Wayland to the Council, and what is their reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the writing style of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of the twins, how Leia's Jedi training helps her, and what she senses for the future of her babies. Include Han's reaction to the birth and the possible impact the twins could have on Leia' s responsibility to the New Republic Council.
Essay Topic 3
Luke Skywalker is introduced while he is on the planet Calius.
1) Describe the purpose of Luke's mission on Calius.
2) Explain the significance of the meeting with Karrde on Calius and the effects of it during the remainder of the book.
3) Describe Luke's mastery of the Force, how complete it is, and the reasons behind the level of his training.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)