Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which name does Ferrier mention that solidifies his guilt?
2. Who stabs Thrawn, causing the death of the last Grand Admiral and forcing the Empire to retreat?
3. How long have Luke and Mara been hiking for when Chapter 19 begins?
4. What helps Karrde land at the rearguard on Wayland?
5. What does Leia compare Bel Iblis's chief adviser to in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Luke and Mara have very different pasts with the Empire.
1) Explain Mara's past and how her experiences with the Emperor have preconditioned her to struggle with an internal conflict.
2) Describe Luke's past dealings with the Emperor and how they help Mara work through her confusion.
3) Analyze the differences between Luke and Mara as well as their similarities in their outlook on the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Luke Skywalker is introduced while he is on the planet Calius.
1) Describe the purpose of Luke's mission on Calius.
2) Explain the significance of the meeting with Karrde on Calius and the effects of it during the remainder of the book.
3) Describe Luke's mastery of the Force, how complete it is, and the reasons behind the level of his training.
Essay Topic 3
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)