|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In detecting invisible asteroids, what does CGT stand for?
2. Which droid does Leia notice near the ch'hala trees in the Grand Corridor?
3. What reminder from Luke causes C'baoth to become temporarily shaken?
4. What does C'baoth ridicule Luke for in the beginning of Chapter 26?
5. Because of the Psadans and Myneyrshi, how long does Mara anticipate the hike to be in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luke begin his confrontation with C'baoth in Chapter 26?
2. How do the Rebels discover that C'baoth is inside of the throne room?
3. What promise does Mara ask Luke to make as they are entering the mountain, and how does he respond?
4. How is C'baoth destroyed?
5. What is Leia's dream in the beginning of Chapter 14, and how does she respond to it?
6. How does Ferrier die at the meeting of the smugglers on Hijarna?
7. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
8. What deal does Luke offer to C'baoth and how does Mara respond?
9. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
10. How is the inside of Mt. Tantiss described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luke Skywalker is introduced while he is on the planet Calius.
1) Describe the purpose of Luke's mission on Calius.
2) Explain the significance of the meeting with Karrde on Calius and the effects of it during the remainder of the book.
3) Describe Luke's mastery of the Force, how complete it is, and the reasons behind the level of his training.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the trap set for Luke on Poderis, the way he escapes capture twice, and how the suspense created is similar to the action sequences of the Star Wars movies. Also, discuss the significance of the planet Poderis and the reason for Luke's visit there.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Leia's discovery of the Imperial source of information at the Palace, the New Republic's process for locating spies, what events lead her to find the system, and the significance of how the ch'hala trees are first introduced in the book.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)