|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stories of circular balconies are storing the cloning cylinders inside of the mountain?
2. What does Bel Iblis intend to do with the mysterious object before Thrawn pulverizes it?
3. What is the result of the negotiations between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
4. Where are the most important officers standing as Leia makes her way through the hallway in the fourteenth chapter?
5. Who is with Leia as she and Han make their way to the battling Lukes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Rebels discover that C'baoth is inside of the throne room?
2. How does Ferrier die at the meeting of the smugglers on Hijarna?
3. Who are Drang and Sturm, and what is their purpose in the story?
4. How is Thrawn's hit and fade operation launched against Coruscant?
5. How does Leia deal with Karrde on Coruscant?
6. How does Mara begin to understand what Luke is going through in Chapter 19 and see things from a different perspective?
7. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
8. What disagreement do Fey'lya and Mon Mothma have in Chapter 20?
9. What attacks the Rebels as the Millennium Falcon's ramp lowers on Wayland?
10. What deal does Luke offer to C'baoth and how does Mara respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With The Last Command, Timothy Zahn introduces and develops a story around a mixture of familiar and new characters in a thematic writing style.
1) Describe the introduction of the main characters in the book, including the difference between how Zahn chooses to develop the characters from the Star Wars movies and the new characters.
2) Explain how Zahn's writing style compares to a screenplay and the possible reasons for his choice to write the novel this way.
3) Analyze three examples of how Zahn references the Star Wars films, what the references add to the story, and if the familiarity of the films is a reasonable necessity for the reader.
Essay Topic 2
The three main elements of the story's end battle at Bilbringi prepare for the upcoming confrontations in unique yet similar ways.
1) Describe how Thrawn and the Empire prepare to face the Rebels and the surprising aspect of the strategy that Thrawn uses.
2) Explain the New Republic's strategy for facing the Empire, how they develop it, and which leaders are the most influential in the decisions.
3) Describe the plans of Karrde and the smugglers for the final battles between the Empire and the New Republic.
4) Analyze the similarities and differences of all three elements (the Empire, the Rebel Alliance, and the smugglers) as they approach the story's conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)