|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke compare the darkness of the mountain to on Wayland?
2. Where did the severed hand that led to the creation of Luke's clone originate?
3. Who reports Mara's disappearance in Chapter 14?
4. Who kills C'baoth?
5. How does Wedge consider smugglers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
2. What position does the New Republic offer Mara, and how does The Last Command end?
3. What is Leia's dream in the beginning of Chapter 14, and how does she respond to it?
4. What sign do Luke and Mara find in Chapter 19, and how does Mara explain it?
5. How is Thrawn destroyed?
6. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
7. How is Thrawn's hit and fade operation launched against Coruscant?
8. What promise does Mara ask Luke to make as they are entering the mountain, and how does he respond?
9. How is C'baoth imprisoned and released on Wayland?
10. How does Ferrier die at the meeting of the smugglers on Hijarna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thrawn uses a certain degree of restraint when dealing with the failures of those he associates with.
1) Describe the way Thrawn reacts to the raid at Trogan.
2) Explain how Thrawn handles the initial events at Bilbringi.
3) Analyze the differences in Thrawn's approach to failures with Darth Vader and the Emperor as well as Thrawn's own reputation.
Essay Topic 2
The Noghri are an important part of the plot in The Last Command.
1) Describe the planet Honoghr, its past problems, and how they were resolved.
2) Explain what the Noghri have experienced with the Empire and how that influences the story.
3) Describe the loyalty of the Noghri to Luke and Leia and its origin.
Essay Topic 3
The smugglers have two meetings at Hijarna that prove to be consequential for the Empire and the New Republic.
1) Explain the events that take place during the first meeting at Hijarna.
2) Describe Karrde's concerns during the second meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna.
3) Explain the circumstances that lead to Ferrier's death at Hijarna and how the smugglers react to it.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)