|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mon Mothma initially react to the news of Mara's disappearance?
2. What does Karrde suggest the smugglers steal from Bilbringi in Chapter 20?
3. What color is the planet that the Millennium Falcon lands on in Chapter 16?
4. How does Wedge consider smugglers?
5. As the Falcon's ramp lowers, what sound causes the garrals to attack Han?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
2. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
3. How does Mara begin to understand what Luke is going through in Chapter 19 and see things from a different perspective?
4. How is C'baoth destroyed?
5. What position does the New Republic offer Mara, and how does The Last Command end?
6. How do the Rebels discover that C'baoth is inside of the throne room?
7. How is Thrawn's hit and fade operation launched against Coruscant?
8. What method does the New Republic use to locate the cloaked asteroids on Coruscant?
9. How is Wayland described, and what are Han's concerns when the Millennium Falcon lands there?
10. How is the inside of Mt. Tantiss described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Leia's discovery of the Imperial source of information at the Palace, the New Republic's process for locating spies, what events lead her to find the system, and the significance of how the ch'hala trees are first introduced in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Luke and Mara have very different pasts with the Empire.
1) Explain Mara's past and how her experiences with the Emperor have preconditioned her to struggle with an internal conflict.
2) Describe Luke's past dealings with the Emperor and how they help Mara work through her confusion.
3) Analyze the differences between Luke and Mara as well as their similarities in their outlook on the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)