|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Han tries to fire his blaster at C'baoth?
2. What gift convinces Mara to finally look forward?
3. As Leia talks with General Rieekan, what are the cruisers using to prevent traffic to or from Coruscant?
4. As reported by Imperial intelligence, what is the probability that the Rebels will target Tangrene?
5. What species is Ekhrikhor clan Bakh'tor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does the New Republic offer Mara, and how does The Last Command end?
2. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
3. What sign do Luke and Mara find in Chapter 19, and how does Mara explain it?
4. How is Wayland described, and what are Han's concerns when the Millennium Falcon lands there?
5. What disagreement do Fey'lya and Mon Mothma have in Chapter 20?
6. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
7. What deal does Luke offer to C'baoth and how does Mara respond?
8. What method does the New Republic use to locate the cloaked asteroids on Coruscant?
9. How is C'baoth destroyed?
10. How does Leia deal with Karrde on Coruscant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the break-in attempt of the Palace on Coruscant by Himron and the Imperial intruders, including the intent of their mission, all of the characters involved, how they are stopped, and the unintended consequences of Mara's actions.
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)