|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an order given to Ferrier by Thrawn at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Who is attacking Luke and Mara in Leia's dream at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. Who, controlled by C'baoth, arrange for his release in Chapter 24?
4. What addition to Luke's offer does C'baoth insist on?
5. How many asteroids landing on Coruscant would it take to cause a catastrophe, according to General Rieekan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Drang and Sturm, and what is their purpose in the story?
2. What is the result of the meeting between the Rebels and the Myneyrshi and Psadans?
3. What method does the New Republic use to locate the cloaked asteroids on Coruscant?
4. What position does the New Republic offer Mara, and how does The Last Command end?
5. What surprising tactical decision does Thrawn make at the end of Chapter 20?
6. What disagreement do Fey'lya and Mon Mothma have in Chapter 20?
7. What attacks the Rebels as the Millennium Falcon's ramp lowers on Wayland?
8. How is the inside of Mt. Tantiss described?
9. How does Luke begin his confrontation with C'baoth in Chapter 26?
10. What leads Leia to discover the Imperial Delta Source in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the writing style of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of the twins, how Leia's Jedi training helps her, and what she senses for the future of her babies. Include Han's reaction to the birth and the possible impact the twins could have on Leia' s responsibility to the New Republic Council.
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the trap set for Luke on Poderis, the way he escapes capture twice, and how the suspense created is similar to the action sequences of the Star Wars movies. Also, discuss the significance of the planet Poderis and the reason for Luke's visit there.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)